• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Things you can't stand in the gym!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
You are totally welcomed to post anywhere! :)

I just thought the name sounded familiar.

We are glad to have you!

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You are totally welcomed to post anywhere! :)

I just thought the name sounded familiar.

We are glad to have you!

I am a member of a couple other forums. Some what new compared to a lot of guys though. Thanks!

Torres

Torres

I wanna go to a gym where there's slabs of meat hanging from hooks so I can start punching the shit out of it !!

- - - Updated - - -

Can't stand those Fitness chicks that think it's constantly picture day !!!
Theyvtake more fucking pictures than they workout !!! Give me a break !!!

R

rz3300

Banned
I thought that I was past getting frustrated about people not wiping the machiens, because I thought everyone knew now to do this. Apparently not, though, and I had one the other day and it got to me big time.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

I thought that I was past getting frustrated about people not wiping the machiens, because I thought everyone knew now to do this. Apparently not, though, and I had one the other day and it got to me big time.
Same here brother they can't take a extra 10 seconds to wipe there filth off the bench it makes my skin curl.i got a bad cold this week first one I have had in years,and I'm sure it came from the gym I visited the other day.sat down on the shoulder press machine and my ass was soaked from the swear the guy before me left behind

Torres

Torres

People thinking they're Personal Trainers !!!
These kids, noobs, thinking they know how to train because they've checked out some YouTube Videos . Give me a break !
I hear so much that it just makes me sick. That's why I do not socialize when I'm in the gym. I put on my ear buds and go to work ! You have a question , ask me later , if not fuck off !!!

R

remnant

Banned
Then there is that fella who keeps eyeing you surreptitiously to gauge your mettle. There are some aggressive types who behave as if you are in a competition. Granted, this can be a motivator but usually, its unwelcome since you are supposed to work at your own pace and in essence, competing against yourself.

Rot-Iron66

Rot-Iron66

Modern day gym culture is just bizarre to me. Luckily I go to a decent gym, at 5 AM, so really no tools there.
But what I see on YouTube is strange.
Plus all the selfies, videos being done. Yes Im older and in gyms since 1979/80, so a world of difference. Everything changes, but not always for the better...

R

rz3300

Banned
Pretty good idea just going early in the morning when those people are not up yet. I agree with you that it is much easier to find that time when you can be as alone as is possible, which is hard in some of the gyms around here.

Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix

Me, I hate the staring and awkward silence when one is done with his/her workout session. Why can't people just go home or anywhere else once they are done for the day instead of sitting and watching others? Some people also have this nasty habit of borrowing towels to wipe off sweat. Everyone should carry a bag packed with essentials before hitting the gym. At least that's what I think

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
crazed

crazed

The list is so long for me. A few... RACK YOUR F*CKING WEIGHTS YOU LAZY F*CKS, get off your f*cking phone, don't sit on equipment and d*ck off on your phone for 15 minutes, stop making so much noise to draw attention to yourself for barely benching 225 your f*cking p*ssy, stop being mr know it all when you don't know sh*t, fat f*ck "personal trainers" that are total idiots, f*ck boy wannabe poseur little b*itches that wear their gf's pants and shirts I swear, etc etc etc etc etc :AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing:

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Just don't be,gross and don't talk to me for over 2 minutes especially if I show genuine disinterest...

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
This...dont be gross

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some people stink at my gym.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

I can't stand the gym. I hate it so much. I would rather work out alone or with a buddy. I hate the scent of everybody at the gym. I hate handling the damp equipment filled with sweat. The moist towels too. The changing rooms aren't any good either. The people pry on you. The tumble of the dropping weights. Remember to put down the weights safely. The comments that men make to women aren't pleasing either. Cant, they just control themselves? Especially when they are doing squats. If you do that, please stop. It is very rude. Please also remember to keep your advice to yourself no one asked for suggestions. I mostly like to wear my earphones to cut off communication between me and anyone trying to help.

luri

luri

Banned
I can't stand the gym. I hate it so much. I would rather work out alone or with a buddy. I hate the scent of everybody at the gym. I hate handling the damp equipment filled with sweat. The moist towels too. The changing rooms aren't any good either. The people pry on you. The tumble of the dropping weights. Remember to put down the weights safely. The comments that men make to women aren't pleasing either. Cant, they just control themselves? Especially when they are doing squats. If you do that, please stop. It is very rude. Please also remember to keep your advice to yourself no one asked for suggestions. I mostly like to wear my earphones to cut off communication between me and anyone trying to help.
Things you cannot stand in the gym is the gym itself. What an ironic answer and interesting too. I am also not a fan of going to a gym, howeve,r I belive you visit a gym you will feel motivated to work more because seeing other people have a great body will motivate you. When you are working out alone, you will lose interest soon.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

Hi Luri? I started working out once again last week. It has been a hectic week because of the pain, but I haven't given up and neither I'm I bored. I pray i don't lose interest. I just plug in my earphones and put all the volume on my playlist and I am good to go. What if there is no one else to workout with? We got to stay motivated people. Remember no pain, no gain.

B

Bahustrong

I really hate people just lifting heavy weights without proper form. They just load up the plates and do funny workouts. But imagine themselves as great bodybuilders, these are the people who don't rerack the dumbells and plates. And the most annoying people in the gym.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People not putting their weights back.. And constantly breaking equipment, my golds gym uses gym80 equipment from Germany, morons keep breaking stacked machines.. Eventually they'll increase gym membership because of the costs.

• Angry
Reactions: Samoan-Z
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People who use the squat racks for anything that requires less than single 45lb plates.