• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was going to lift this evening but I had my new toy arrive.
200686_10150121518344139_519654138_65933-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
dude sorry it's been ages since i've bothered to read some dark-blue link in a sig of a member in a dark-themed board. My fault.
What genre is that novel you're writting?

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude sorry it's been ages since i've bothered to read some dark-blue link in a sig of a member in a dark-themed board. My fault.
What genre is that novel you're writting?
Lol, I have sigs turned off!

I'm working on a number of books. The one I'm focused on having out late this year is a crime thriller. Basic premise is international human traffickers are going unstopped, with money, power and no evidence. Isn't it time for a surgical strike force?

Should be noted that I'm trying to include humour in the books as well as keeping the pace in them. A lot of thrillers, or genre in general, tends to be dark or humourless. Check out my blog and see what you think. I'll hopefully have some more content coming over the next few months, including some short stories and satirical pieces.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I'll keep an eye on it for sure. I bet i'll like your sense of humour (against the general consensus about your (lack of) ability to make a funneh!).

The opportunities that internet brings to hobbyist/amateur/noob artists of all branches is amazing (to the pros too, of course, but they already had their own channels before).

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Go train dammit!

Well I did lift last night, just a quick session.

Superset of
Squat: 100kg x20
Thick bar chinups: BW x20
Dips: BW x20

Pant for 15 minutes trying to catch breath and then stumble inside.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Is that guitar a PRS? I can't see properly.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats a good train right there timbo!!

p.s., i miss you

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Well I did lift last night, just a quick session.

Superset of
Squat: 100kg x20
Thick bar chinups: BW x20
Dips: BW x20

Pant for 15 minutes trying to catch breath and then stumble inside.

That sounds like something i'd only do caused by some kind of bet. A bet made while drunk. I'm ****ing tired just of reading about it.

Good job dude.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Hey Tim :wave: It looks like you're having fun.

Good work getting to the half-finished novel stage...I'd like to start writing myself but I haven't yet put in the time I need. I've started a few longer stories but never got past a few pages. I'll try to check out your blog.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is that guitar a PRS? I can't see properly.
Yep PRS Custom 22 with a rosewood neck and fretboard. Friggin Awesome! Got it tuned to D standard.

thats a good train right there timbo!!
p.s., i miss you
Thanks Jono. I'm being so inconsistent with training yet my strength is still staying up. These little sessions must have something to do with it.

That sounds like something i'd only do caused by some kind of bet. A bet made while drunk. I'm ****ing tired just of reading about it.
Good job dude.
Cheers! After the 15th rep of squats I was thinking "no problems" but number 19 and 20 were tough. So I think 120kgx20 is completely do-able for me. Then to follow with the upper body stuff was more about being out of breath.

Hey Tim :wave: It looks like you're having fun.
Good work getting to the half-finished novel stage...I'd like to start writing myself but I haven't yet put in the time I need. I've started a few longer stories but never got past a few pages. I'll try to check out your blog.
Check my blog, but also have a look at the Kindle Boards (I'm posting there as well), and JA Konrath's blog. Things are really changing in the book world at the moment. I'm taking a day off tomorrow to review a book for a friend and then I'll do some work on mine.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Cool, I'll try. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, but when summer rolls in maybe I can try once more to involve myself in writing.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I've wanted a PRS for sooo long! They're so expensive though :( Talk about dream guitar! lol

Last edited:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeh Skippy, I paid a fair old penny for this one. But it was my post thesis reward so I didn't feel so bad about the $$.

There are some cheaper PRS guitars out there but they are usually ordinary for playability and sound. Hunt for the second hand ones like I did.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say that cheap PRS guitars are basically a waste compared to the ones you shelly out a pretty penny for. I will own a nice one, one day! haha

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say that cheap PRS guitars are basically a waste compared to the ones you shelly out a pretty penny for. I will own a nice one, one day! haha

When I was buying my amp I was using a SE PRS. I thought it sounded lifeless and played like a plank of pine. I didn't know what model it was. Then I grabbed a Custom and was blown away by the difference in sound and playability. That's why I bought the Custom.

Anyway a little update for this week.

Bench 80kg x20 - lame
Floor press 140kg - been at this level for ages

Squat 100kg x20 - ok
Rack deadlift (shin level) 230kg - yay me

I've started doing a 20 rep set of either bench, deadlift or squat as the first set of any session. Just something different and made a huge difference on chest day.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Sweet jebus! 20 rep deads? Are you from Syria?!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
When I was buying my amp I was using a SE PRS. I thought it sounded lifeless and played like a plank of pine. I didn't know what model it was. Then I grabbed a Custom and was blown away by the difference in sound and playability. That's why I bought the Custom.

I'd want a Custom, I heard from many people that unless you buy one of the higher range models they're just ****.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
20 reppers are for crazy people...strong!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Freako - I ended up doing 15 reps on deads with 140kg last night prior to shoulders and arms. I think 10-12 reps is a better idea.

Skippy - Custom or private stock. McCarty models look good but I've never played one. I've heard mixed comments about them being a sellout model designed by a former Gibson designer.

PV - I need something different. This really gets the blood pumping. And worst case I do one set and then go back inside and have still done a good workout.

Last night started out as a nothing workout. I was just going to pull 140kg for as many reps as possible then go back inside. But after that I just had to finish the shoulders and arms as well.

Deadlifts - 140kg x15 I'll do 160kg next time. I was pulling 180kgx10 last year so that's what I'll aim for.
Standing OHP - 40kg x5, 50kg x5, 60kg x5, 65kg x3, 70kg x1, 60kg x6, 50kg x6, 30kg x8
Reverse curl - 30kg x15 2 sets
All supersetted by fetch with the dog.