• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i guess moving is your workout for the week

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Natureboy said:
i guess moving is your workout for the week
If I was doing the moving!! Movers do the lifting, loading, and packing. I just sit back and make sure I know what box has what in it.

Line: We tried to get rid of most of our junk, and offload some of the stuff that we don't want anymore. Thrown out heaps of stuff, but it still seems like we have heaps of boxes filled with stuff we just don't use much!

Glex: Yeh another week off. Although this week will be hectic, and annoying. Looking forward to setting up the weights on the weekend and hitting them hard(ish). And once again the movers can move the weights. I've got over 300kg of plates, a power rack, two bars, bench, rubber flooring, etc that has to be moved. Buggered if I'm doing that!

FF: We have to move about 300 kilometers. It sucks that they can't do it all one day, as we still have to eat and shower and sleep with our stuff. But they have just spent the morning packing up our stuff into boxes, and there is still stuff to do!

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hope the move goes alright for you mate

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
tim290280 said:
I've got over 300kg of plates, a power rack, two bars, bench, rubber flooring, etc that has to be moved. Buggered if I'm doing that!
That's the spirit! :xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
tim290280 said:
If I was doing the moving!! Movers do the lifting, loading, and packing. I just sit back and make sure I know what box has what in it.
Yeah, be lucky you're not on that end of things, LOL. Still, it can be a really taxing time mentally for someone and most movers know that so hopefully everything goes smoothly. My only advice is offer them water at the very least and if they do a good job (and you have some money) maybe give them a few bucks for a tip. It's the movers' code :xyxthumbs:
Line: We tried to get rid of most of our junk, and offload some of the stuff that we don't want anymore. Thrown out heaps of stuff, but it still seems like we have heaps of boxes filled with stuff we just don't use much!
It's good to hear you're actually doing that. You'd be shocked at how many people have a "just move it all and we'll sort it out when we get there" mentality. Like I said, really hope the move goes well. Best of luck until we converse again.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I'm all moved in. Set up my weights area yesterday, which is in a sunroom of sorts. And I actually have internet!! This suprised me as I didn't think that I'd get the connection to work (as in dialup at local call cost, only some companies offer that). So I'll be on the boards still, just not as frequently with the new job starting this week.

I'll take some photos of the new setup this week and post them up.

Line: I even gave the movers chilled water and a cup of tea and some chocky biscuits. They did a good job!

Glex: Thats not to say I didn't have to move that lot around and organise it all once it was off the truck! Man I'm tired.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I'm liking the new set up. Unfortuneately the roof, while higher than the last place, is still too low to actually do standing overhead stuff. This means I'll have to take the BB outside through a doorway. So this may be a bit of a hassle when my hand is good enough to snatch and C&J again.

Here's what it all looks like:

Glex

Glex

VIP
^^ Wouldn't be too low for Line :spy:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Come-on he's not that much shorter! I'm sure he'd put the bar at least near the roof.....

Edit: Its about a 7.5' roof. So over hand height (near Eric's head height) but under the bumper and bar overhead height.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well my second training session has finished. I'm now on an upper/lower routine that is on a loading scheme from a weightlifting coach. So I'll be doing 10 sets of 3 for the first 6 weeks, moving from 75% of my max to 95%, then the sets and reps change a bit and the loading goes up even further.

Having done Yesterday's squat and single leg SLDL workout and today's Bench and rows workout, I can safely say that this will be brutal. 10 sets is tough going, especially for really big exercises. Plus the program calls for 75%squats monday, and 80% front squats thursday, so you double up and increase weight.

I aim to add about 20kg to my squat and SLDL, and hopefully doing the upper body I'll add about 10-15kg to the bench and row. If anyone is interested I can post the spreadsheet.

I've also started work today. At some stage I'll actually have something to do other than meet people and shake hands. But it pays well, and I get my own office. So for being as busy as I currently am, the work side of things is kinda slack at the moment.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good luck with your new job mate hope it goes well

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
10x3 is brutal. Looking forward to the rest. Keep up the good work Tim

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
tim290280 said:
Come-on he's not that much shorter! I'm sure he'd put the bar at least near the roof.....

Edit: Its about a 7.5' roof. So over hand height (near Eric's head height) but under the bumper and bar overhead height.
:49: :49:

It's good to hear you're settled in and the move went well. It's also great to hear that you have access to the internet so we'll still be seeing you around (I take back my goodbye!). The new scheme sounds brutal but I'm looking forward to your changes, and maybe you posting numbers? :ughfingers:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks one and all. Ok just for you Line, here are the starting figures for the primary exercises for the week. I actually got a suprise that my back squat has dropped off (haven't done a back squat since November) so had to use a lower max.

Mon 10x3 75%
Back Squat 115kg (started with 122.5 but had to back off)
Single SLDL 40kg

Tues 10x3 75%
Bench 97.5kg (could have used 100kg but wanted to be conservative after Monday's effort)
BB Row 90kg (will change this to DB rows next week, as picking the BB up was a pain in the hammys/glutes)

Thurs 10x3 80%
Front Squat 95kg
SLDL 102kg

Fri 10x3 80%
Incline bench 88kg
Pullup 34kg (have to check this, it seems high)

The main issue I have so far is soreness. I also forsee that I may over estimate or under estimate lifts as I haven't done less than 5 reps on anything in over 2yrs. So calculating 1RM is not exactly precise. Although I did notice that 75% is roughly an 8-9RM.

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good log man, I see you are using KG's, wa hey :hsughr: . Damn 2.2x pounds conversion :49: . keep up the good work m8 :xyxthumbs:

Glex

Glex

VIP
I'm always really insecure about starting a new job. Having no idea how stuff works always makes me feel self-conscious; I know everyone expects you to be worthless for about 2 weeks but still :ughnoes: Good luck with that!

Numbers are looking good, and that new program is no joke. I'll be waiting to see how it turns out!

By the way: http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php?t=7198&page=3 :spy:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Numbers! :hsughr:

Things look good, Tim. How's your hand holding up these days? It's good to see your BB Row and Bench are very close and the Squats (both front and back) look good as well. Looking forward to seeing some steady improvements.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:

:49: :49: :49: :49: :49: :xyxthumbs:
Sucks to be tall:tear:

Your program is ambitious to say the least. I'll echo Line; how's your hand? Is it muscular soreness you were referring to, or joint as well?

Your new setup looks good; although I know you could still get a good workout with a paper clip, a bucket of cement, and a copy of Faces' 'Stay With Me' on LP. Keep setting the hardcore standard, Tim:2:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
95kg front squat!!! Nice!!! (Are you counting the bar's weight???)

Front squats are the hardest bb movement, IMO.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BasebodyfitnessPaul: Thanks for stopping by. Us Aussies are metric, except those born in the 50's who seem to change between them freely. Dad is of that ilk so I tend to be able to think in both fairly easily for weights and measures.

Glex: After 4 days in the job I'm not insecure. Dived right in with a few meetings and the like already. The only thing is I have to get up to speed on 3yrs of work that has gone before me quickly, as I'll be expected to start picking up serious jobs after the first couple of weeks. And yes the program only gets harder!

Line: The hand is a lot better, but it is a tendon/ligament strain of some kind, so it will continue to take awhile. I'm actually starting to be able to use the hand a bit. Still no deadlifting (lighter stuff is ok like SLDL) but I'll start in on dumbbell rows with the thick bar again next week.

Eric: I always wanted to be a bit taller. My brother is best part of 6'2", I wanted to be about that height (crummy childhood sickness!) instead of 5'11.5".

My hand was definitely tendon/ligament damage. It could have been a metacarpel, which would have been really bad. As it stands I'm over the initial recovery phase and now into strengthening while not overloading. It'll probably be another 3weeks till back to normal. I'll then sub weightlifting moves back in after this 12 week phase.

MVSF1: 95kg is around my 6-7RM on the front squat. Its not bad, as it means my front squat max is around 1.5xBW. I want to add about 20kg to that so that my 1.5xBW can be done for 5x5! And yes bar included, its a standard bar, not part of any machine where you wouldn't include it.

I videoed my 5th set of front squats tonight. At some stage I'll upload it, probably at work, as it will take too long on my home connection. Watching myself do them I'm happy with the form, but the shorts I had on made my legs look skinny (baggy). Considering that I was half way through, I was still getting the reps very cleanly.

Actually the back squat workout was really hard, made even more so by me overestimating my 1RM thus using too much for 75% for the first 2 sets. Combine that with a 40 degree celcius day and it was really brutal. But tonight was cooler, so the 80% felt easy....... Until the last two sets. Actually the Metallica helped too.