• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ At this stage I think my body is just realing from the onslaught. Once it gets used to the 30 reps at 75-90% or 1RM then I think the guessing part will come in with the sudden changes in volume and percentages.

As I mentioned in another post to Tunen; at this stage the routine is just ramping up to get ready for an undulating protocol. Once I'm done I can make recommendations.

I'm also going to video tape my next squat workout (front squats). I think I can get a smaller video file size if I change the camera settings. Hopefully this will give people and idea of how I do things. Plus all the cool people are posting vids of themselves squatting.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
tim290280 said:
I'm also going to video tape my next squat workout (front squats). I think I can get a smaller video file size if I change the camera settings. Hopefully this will give people and idea of how I do things. Plus all the cool people are posting vids of themselves squatting.
:hsughr: Damn straight, you best give into that peer pressure :spy:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex said:
Damn straight, you best give into that peer pressure
As long as you and Line don't start posting post-workout "celebration" vids. :spy:
I couldn't follow peer pressure down that route!

I'll do two vids, one at the lowest and then the second lowest resolution setting. The last two vids were on the highest res and racked in at 12 and 13Mb. Hopefully one will be watchable while still a smaller file size. Plus this front squat will be with more weight and look more impressive....... in theory.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, squat vids are cool....in theory:spy::49:

30 reps at that % is quite brutal Tim:ughnoes: Keep it up, you maniacal genius.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
tim290280 said:
As long as you and Line don't start posting post-workout "celebration" vids. :spy:
I couldn't follow peer pressure down that route!
:49: Just for that I'm going to have to film deadlifts tomorrow and get really cocky if I set a new PB.
I'll do two vids, one at the lowest and then the second lowest resolution setting. The last two vids were on the highest res and racked in at 12 and 13Mb. Hopefully one will be watchable while still a smaller file size. Plus this front squat will be with more weight and look more impressive....... in theory.
Really looking forward to these!

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:xyxthumbs: All hail Tim the omniscience one,the vids bro cant wait for

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eric, Line, Natureboypkr: I had a late evening last night from work, I've managed to accumulate 3.5 days of overtime in the 3 weeks I've been working, so the squats will be done on Saturday (tomorrow). So the vid will go up on the weekend!!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This afternoon's front squat workout vid.

This is set 5 of 10 for my 10x3 workout, using 102.5kg. As you can see no problems with this at all. Set 10..... well thats a different story. The SLDL's (the bar set up in the foreground that I step over) of 110kg were tough, as the pullups yesterday with 30kg have left my back a little stiff. Not something that improves your deadlifting much...

Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Says some crap about the video being private...?
Well I do train at home, so clothes rules don't have to apply......

Should work now.

Glex

Glex

VIP
^^ Haha, it does, and it looks great :xyxthumbs: Looks like you've worked out whatever kinks you were having keeping the bar on your shoulders (well, I know that was only set 5 but it still looks solid).

I have a question on why you keep your feet so close together; it looks like your knees have to splay out a little during the lift to compensate for it. Does it help keep the stress on your quads during front squats, and do you have a wider stance on back squats?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex: I was squatting wider, but that limited my depth, and involved the hips too much. So it is slightly more quad dominant, but mainly allows the hips to use their full ROM so that the back isn't rounding.

By splay out do you mean travel forward of the feet? Just viewed again myself and that is more the angle of the camera picking up the leg travelling out over the feet than any sideways movement... could be mistaken, I'll keep it in mind.

Back squats are ever so slightly wider, as I don't go quite as deep on them, not far off though. You see what I mean by "excessive" depth?

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
where ever you train looks like my kind of spot, no bullshit

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your setup is awesome there, Tim. Thank you for posting your vid as well:xyxthumbs:

Glex

Glex

VIP
Gotcha on the stance. By 'splay out,' which was such a wonderfully ambiguous phrase, I mean it looks like they travel out to the sides a little. It very well could be the camera angle and quality, like you said. If you don't see it/feel it then I'm sure it's not there :xyxthumbs:

Is your depth excessive? Looks deep but not like you're killing your knees.

EDIT: I just took another look and I definitely agree with you; it's the camera angle. If you do go out to the sides at all it was just exaggerated by the angle we're looking at and how your knees go over your feet, and any sideways movement could very well be non-existent. Form looks great, and thanks for posting it! :hsughr:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The video looks fantastic, Tim as does your form and depth. Nice set up too. It's been quite some time since I've done front squats...maybe be time to throw them into the routine again. Great job.

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
went deep on those squats good job mate:xyxthumbs: