• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't sweat the light start off - may have just been a bad session, but even if not with your usual strength I'm sure you'll be back to your required point in no time!

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sessions still good, legs looking good, maybe you should invest in an umbrella:food-snacking:

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
sessions still good, legs looking good, maybe you should invest in an umbrella:food-snacking:
An umbrella is far too girly for his hardcore setup.

Perhaps some tarps suspended with twine you've braided together from the hemp you found out in the bush.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think I might just invest in some great big ovens. That way the rain would evaporate before it hits the ground. Although tarps and braided twine held together with a paper clip would be good too.

Rocky: Better to underdo it rather than overdo it to begin the new program. And it went well, so can't complain.

Rage: Rain don't affect me. But slipping on the lifting mat and looking like Jean Pierre Fux isn't going to be stopped by a brolley.

Glex: Repped!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Done a couple more sessions, and my shoulder has started to play up again. I'm going to try and consolidate my form on squats and presses for a few weeks to let everything recover, rather than push on.

Also I've signed up to start riding my bike to work. Teams of three and the most kilometres done in a fortnight wins. I just want to make a good showing going into summer.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pisser about the shoulder - sods law that something comes to interrupt you as you get going again. Hope you work around it ok. Bike riding sounds like a good plan.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ The shoulder seems to handle work as long as I don't push it hard. Inclines and dips were fine yesterday and I didn't go light, just did 3 out of 5 reps.

The biking will be interesting for a change. Plus it should act as some good fitness work which I haven't really been doing.

Train hard, train smart people.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sucks about the shoulder tim, training smart will obviously help but if not i guess resting won't hurt either....

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm back!

Trained tonight for the first time in best part of a month. The flu has weighed me down for the past 3 weeks, but my strength was surprisingly good. Prior to my illness I was 88kg and was using a double progression on a three-and-one week rotation. It seems that my limit strength hasn't declined but my strength endurance (what I have been training for) has.

The outline of the current program is similar to a weightlifting schedule. The program calls for two main exercises done at 80-85% for 8 sets of 3, then two support exercises at 2x15-20, with accessories done for 2x5-10. Unfortuneately my goal of competing in the State Champs has been shot to pieces with my continued shoulder and hand problems. I have added some good mass, and am finally getting my hamstrings on track.

Tonight:
Bench
Was doing 122.5kg prior to the flu so should be back to that in 3 weeks.

Thick bar DB rows
I was doing 71.5kg prior to the flu, these were easy enough, but couldn't rep out the drop set

L-fly
Need these for my continued shoulder issues.

BB Bi curl

Sissy Tri ext
x10
x10
Elbow is still hating any tricep extension

Cuban presses

Band pull aparts

Listening to: Kamelot, Guns 'n' Roses, Nightwish

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
strong bench man! hope you've recovered from the flu so you can get those weights up again!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OMG!! You're so swole and strong that it is almost impossible comprehend.

You're lucky that you were born with such great strength. Either you have it or you don't. :jerkoff1:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
OMG!!

After reading this thread, my log is big and swollen.

(did I get it right?) :wutyousay:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:ughnoes:............... :bowroflarms:

All jokes aside, good natural strength bro. What exactly are you training for?

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whao its like seeing a ghost :ughnoes:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Skeptic: Thanks for the kind words. Guitarist+Weights+Aussie=Legend in my book

JB: There's plenty that's swole about me :keke:

Tech: It's good that I can still get a rise out of you after all this time :carduforvip

Tweak: You're just remembering our night together

Braaq: Mainly training because I love it. While I aim to get stronger I don't really want to get any bigger. I feel most comfortable at about 86kg and my proportions are about right. At 88kg (this is dry morning weight remember) I'm right on the borderline of having shoulders too big for my head and neck. The main purpose of the routine was to increase my weak points and develop my snatch and C&J to compete in the State Champs. Now the comp is off the cards I want to improve my technique. Hence the 80% of max; this way I can practice moving the bar fast for many sets.

Rage: BOO! Studies and apathy have kept me from posting in the main sections.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome work TIM
keep it up.
n welcome back !!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypo: thanks Hypo
good to be
back here

Tunen:
Tim so that people wouldn't get confused said:
The program calls for two main exercises done at 80-85% for 8 sets of 3, then two support exercises at 2x15-20, with accessories done for 2x5-10.
So three reps, except drop sets which are 12-15, etc :tiphat:

It was bloody cold this evening. I hate having to put on long clothes to get warm enough to train and then be too hot half way through! Having sweat running down your legs on a cold night is not pleasant.

I'm moving back to power versions of the weightlifting movements. This is mainly to allow ease of practice, but also to take the pressure off my knees and shoulders with the low catch. I had been noticing that the low catch I was ending up too far forward so I will look into my technique on the next training cycle.

General Warmup

Power Snatch x3 reps
80kg

Power C&J x2 reps
100kg (done for one rep as was just getting into back squat position to walk 10m back to my rack for lunges)

Lunge x5 reps
100kg

1 Legged Hammy curl x6 reps
23kg

DB single leg calf raise x8 reps
52kg

Listening to: Within Temptation, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Nightwish, Kamelot

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
sweet snatches timmy clean and jerks are cool as well. If you wanted to focus more on weightlifting and less on studies I think you'd take tunen for being meccas strongest pound for pound. Shame there isn't more insentive lol.