• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Trying to get my strength back

Wholey

Wholey

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2014
Messages
6
Points
3
I have had a problem with my nerves that made extremities weak. It was so bad that I can't even do a single push up. Any tips from experts here on how to gain my arms strength back? It's just so frustrating that I can't even do a simple task and I want to improve my overall health.
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
I have had a problem with my nerves that made extremities weak. It was so bad that I can't even do a single push up. Any tips from experts here on how to gain my arms strength back? It's just so frustrating that I can't even do a simple task and I want to improve my overall health.
I don't know if I'm qualified to answer but I would start with very light weights and just work your way up slowly.

You will be amazed at how quickly you can build your strength up.

Eat a healthy diet and focus on your heart too by being your heart rate up daily.
 
Wholey

Wholey

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2014
Messages
6
Points
3
I have had a problem with my nerves that made extremities weak. It was so bad that I can't even do a single push up. Any tips from experts here on how to gain my arms strength back? It's just so frustrating that I can't even do a simple task and I want to improve my overall health.
I don't know if I'm qualified to answer but I would start with very light weights and just work your way up slowly.

You will be amazed at how quickly you can build your strength up.

Eat a healthy diet and focus on your heart too by being your heart rate up daily.

I do exercise daily by means of jogging to start my day. I'll start with light weights just like you suggested and hopefully it will improve overtime. Thanks a lot.
 
W

wulfman

Member
Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2014
Messages
24
Points
1
Try light weights and move up accordingly. You should be able to do 10-15 reps until exhaustion. If you can do 15+ reps and still do more then you need to add more weight. Eventually that will happen as you get stronger. My workout includes olympic bar curl for my wrists, bicep curls and tricep extensions. You can find out the proper forms for all of these on YouTube.
 
xyzhustler

xyzhustler

Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2014
Messages
15
Points
3
I'd start with light weights, its not an ego thing its a strength thing and your nerves touching base. If it was something from an injury to a joint or something, move them move them and move them some more. Happened to me as well regained my arm strength it was slow but it's the way I got my body to regain the strength
 
shajam

shajam

Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2014
Messages
6
Points
1
I can't even do a single push up. Any tips from experts here on how to gain my arms strength back?
i suggest you to start workout for your arms strengths with little weight and try to do push up with help of other person.. Tell him to push you upward by place his hand under your tummy
 
W

wulfman

Member
Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2014
Messages
24
Points
1
Start light and slowly increase the weight. I think the best way to increase strength is with free weights. I think machines give you a false sense of strength. I myself have never had huge gains using machines back when I was lifting regularly. My strength gains came from dead lifts, bench pressing and squatting. All done with an Olympic barbell and free weights. Eat a lot of protein which will help you build up your torn muscle tissue and recover faster from workouts so you can be back at it within 24-36 hours. You don't need to eat an enormous amount of calories since gaining mass is not your goal but you will have to eat more to compensate for the calories you are burning while lifting. You don't need to gain weight and get bigger to be stronger.
 
Last edited:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
I have had a problem with my nerves that made extremities weak. It was so bad that I can't even do a single push up. Any tips from experts here on how to gain my arms strength back? It's just so frustrating that I can't even do a simple task and I want to improve my overall health.

+1 for wulfman's reply:

Start light and slowly increase the weight. I think the best way to increase strength is with free weights. I think machines give you a false sense of strength. I myself have never had huge gains using machines back when I was lifting regularly. My strength gains came from dead lifts, bench pressing and squatting. All done with an Olympic barbell and free weights. Eat a lot of protein which will help you build up your torn muscle tissue and recover faster from workouts so you can be back at it within 24-36 hours. You don't need to eat an enormous amount of calories since gaining mass is not your goal but you will have to eat more to compensate for the calories you are burning while lifting. You don't need to gain weight and get bigger to be stronger.


Also, maybe all you need Wholey, are a few days / weeks of rest, and then start coming back little by little.

Hope everything will be good for you man.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KaiGold
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Whatever happened dude?
 
Top