• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

US kills 16+ civilians in Afghanistan

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bolded parts for sexnews, mrchewiebottoms or whatever its spelled.

Afghan president: US forces killed 16 civilians

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - President Hamid Karzai condemned a U.S. operation he said killed 16 Afghan civilians, while hundreds of villagers denounced the American military during an angry demonstration Sunday.

Comment: hmmm.... I wonder why they hate Americans.

Karzai said the killing of innocent Afghans during U.S. military operations ``is strengthening the terrorists.''

Really? The "war on terror" invokes hatred and strengthens terrorism?! no way....

He also announced that his Ministry of Defense sent Washington a draft technical agreement that seeks to give Afghanistan more oversight over U.S. military operations. The same letter has also been sent to NATO headquarters.

Karzai in recent weeks has increasingly lashed out at his Western backers over the issue of civilian casualties, even as U.S. politicians and a top NATO official have publicly criticized Karzai for the slow pace of progress here.

The back-and-forth comes as the new administration of President Barack Obama must decide whether to support Karzai as he seeks re-election later this year as part of the United States' overall Afghan strategy.

Karzai's latest criticism follows a Saturday raid in Laghman province that the U.S. says killed 15 armed militants, including a woman with an RPG, but that Afghan officials say killed civilians.

Two women and three children were among the 16 dead civilians, Karzai said in a statement.

In Laghman's capital, hundreds of angry demonstrators denounced the U.S. military Sunday and demanded an end to overnight raids.

Hundreds of angry "Islams" at the US military? This can't be good...

U.S. military leaders, victims' relatives and Afghan officials - including two top Karzai advisers - met at the governor's compound to discuss the issue, Gov. Latifullah Mashal said.

``The U.S. military said 'We are sorry for this incident and after this we are going to coordinate our operations with Afghan forces,''' Mashal said.

Civilian deaths during U.S. operations have been a huge point of friction between the Afghan government and U.S. and NATO militaries. Many of the deaths happen on overnight raids by U.S. Special Forces who launch operations against specific insurgent leaders.

A U.S. investigative team that had planned to travel to the village - 40 miles (60 kilometers) northeast of the capital, Kabul - was canceled Sunday because of bad weather. U.S. military spokesman Col. Greg Julian said American officials hoped to visit the site on Tuesday, weather permitting.

``We do want to find out what the bottom line is, and we're kind of in a hands-tied position until we can get out there,'' Julian said. ``And even when we get out there, it's based on what people say rather than being able to do a full forensic-type investigation.''

Julian said that the U.S. military has photos showing militants fighting the U.S. coalition forces, but that the photos cannot be released to the public. He said the photos would be shown to Afghan officials.

In other words, trust us!!! :borat:

Karzai last week told parliament that the U.S. and NATO have not heeded his calls to stop airstrikes in civilian areas. Karzai has recently sought to have more control over what kinds of activities U.S. and NATO forces can carry out. According to a copy obtained by The Associated Press last week, the draft technical agreement Karzai's government sent to Washington and NATO headquarters calls for:

The deployment of additional U.S. or NATO troops and their location carried out only with Afghan government approval.

Full coordination between Afghan and NATO defense authorities ``at the highest possible level for all phases of military and ground operations.''

House searches and detention operations to be carried out only by Afghan security forces.

Civilian deaths are an extremely complicated issue in Afghanistan. Afghan villagers have been known to exaggerate civilian death claims in order to receive more compensation from the U.S. military, and officials have said that insurgents sometimes force villagers to make false death claims.

But the U.S. military has also been known to not fully acknowledge when it killed civilians.

"oops... um.... they could have been terrorists...." :umwtf:

Change!!

After a battle in August in the village of Azizabad, the U.S. military at first said no civilians were killed. A day later it said about five died, and eventually a more thorough U.S. investigation found 33 civilians were killed. The Afghan government and the U.N. said 90 civilians were killed.

The US military lies about the number of innocents it kills?

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
shit like that just going to bring more hate to America.
if there is one thing the US should do is bring their army back, and let those people handle their own problems.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if there is one thing the US should do is bring their army back, and let those people handle their own problems.

Exactly, it's not going to stop the fighting, but it will stop the hatred for America (especially if they stop arming one or both sides of the conflict).

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

True that bro. i rather watch their country rot on TV then have to be away from my loved ones for no reason.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
True that bro. i rather watch their country rot on TV then have to be away from my loved ones for no reason.
you seem to think that the entire middle-east will self destruct, even if America withdraws troops. I think it's hard to say for sure, but I think the middle-east would be alot more peaceful once we completely leave.

Obviously it's going to being a pretty dangerous area for quite some time, but I think if we removed US troops from the region, things would start to cool down and they'd eventually start fixing their own problems.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you seem to think that the entire middle-east will self destruct, even if America withdraws troops. I think it's hard to say for sure, but I think the middle-east would be alot more peaceful once we completely leave.

Obviously it's going to being a pretty dangerous area for quite some time, but I think if we removed US troops from the region, things would start to cool down and they'd eventually start fixing their own problems.

dude they plant bombs in random market places where alot of civilians crowd around, and there are no americans in that area what so ever. and if america being over there is an excuse for them to kill their own thats pretty fucking pathetic. Before the war there was violence obviously no one knew about it cause we werent there yet. Just look at how many people Sadaam killed and tortured, was that cause of the US?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Civilian casualties are always a very sad part of wars, however, when fighting a war against an ideal like we are instead of an actual military we will never win this way. All we are doing are recruiting for our "enemies" with our presence in that country and even more when we kill their friends and family. I hope Obama realizes this and decides to let them deal on their own and get out of the whole region. It will implode on its own, lets not make us their targets anymore.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well technically, yes.

hes was leader of that country he can do w.e he wants with them. whether we gave him weapons or not he would find a way to kill them anyways.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is where i love Ron Paul's stance on this. GET THE FUCK OUT! stop wasting our time and resources on a group of people that will hate us more and more the more we occupy their land. there is no reason for it besides the idealistic expansion of our empire, which is getting weaker and weaker the more we stretch ourselves in wars we have no place being in. he obviously words it far more eloquently, but the message is all the same. worry about your own problems and stop wasting our time and money on a worthless region (well, there is oil, so i guess it's not totally worthless).

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How about most importantly, lives?

yes i should have given that it's own category. i meant for this to fall under resources for the US, i guess it's a little cold hearted to view a soldier as a resource the same way you view a fighter jet.

so yes, let's not waste our time, resources, and american lives on this region

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
photo from the rally

090125afghanhmed7ahmedium-1.jpg

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^exactly, more hate to America.
it looks like obama is doing a great job so far :no:

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^exactly, more hate to America.
it looks like obama is doing a great job so far :no:

Hes our president now hes doing all this for a reason. You think he just said "hey lets bomb these guys just for fun" whether in our eyes its wrong he has his own agenda going on, his own ideas. Either way NO President will ever be good enough for us. Everyone is always gonna have something bad to say. Give it time, then we will see. Im not vouching for him, but i believe its too early into his presidency to saying hes doing a good or bad job.