• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WalMart FTW

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i worked at so many places and almost everywhere are latinos who barely speak english or some actually nothing.. :e5dunno:

well i can tell through your posts you are decently well spoken. that alone would get you hired at some places. latinos and mexicans have a rep for being very hard workers. it doesn't matter so much if you speak english if your working in construction, janitorial services, or landscaping. people just want the job done well. obviously your not going to see someone who doesn't speak english working a call center, so they find the job that fits them best.

i can tell you that having been to severl walmarts in my area and out of state, it is apolling how many of there employees (and customers) are obese. not just out of shape or chubby, but obese. most of them are not physically capable nor very well spoken (at all) and without a place like walmart with very low standards for hiring, they very well could not have jobs.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when i was little, the wal-mart we had here, was ity bity, small...
now where that wal-mart was, is a hobby lobby
i can't believe how... big they grew, its like their stores pop out of no where
oh yea,. and Miami, when i visited Germany, on the way to Munich, i saw a sign in english
Super wal-mart coming soon, and this was back in 2002...
interesting ?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when i was little, the wal-mart we had here, was ity bity, small...
now where that wal-mart was, is a hobby lobby
i can't believe how... big they grew, its like their stores pop out of no where
oh yea,. and Miami, when i visited Germany, on the way to Munich, i saw a sign in english
Super wal-mart coming soon, and this was back in 2002...
interesting ?

i never know what to make of any of your posts. they're just scatterbrained and non sequitar and most times don't contribute anything to a given thread.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i didn't say all of you think your smarter than you are...just you

jesus this thread wasn't made for an arguement. there are a lot of smart guys on here who's opinion i was interested in (tech, line, ironslave, philosopher, bigben etc.) not for the sake of a weak arguement. the reason you gave me for not liking walmart did not contain any facts, just your moral opinion. oh, but that's right i forgot it's ok for you to post your opinion but since i haven't been around here as long if my post doesn't cite at least 3 sources with fucking bibliography it's meaningless.

like i said i HAVE been researching it and don't see why it is despised the way it is. that's why i was hoping people would give pros and cons on the matter.

First off, you can go fuck yourself if you think I am trying to act "smarter" than I really am. If I know something on a subject I post about it, if I do not then I will research it and post based off my educated background knowledge or I will not post at all. You on the other hand make nothing but presumptions, and state an opinion based on an argument. You do it on every damn post, and argue with people all the time when you in fact do not know for sure what your talking about, its always just "I think" or "I feel" but you get very defensive if others do not agree. :no:
Yes, I posted facts the facts that I posted were in the previous thread because those are in FACT what they do to their employees and how they run their business. The OPINION part of what I posted is that those qualities that they have are why I think they are a bad company and are more harmful (because of their sheer size) to our country than many let on about.
If you know so much more than me and everyone on here then why are you asking us questions then arguing with our response if it does not support your opinion based off presumptions and your "principles"? And then your respond that the fact that I think that this thread was merely an attempt to start and argument you attack my intelligence? You clearly do not know me as well as you think, because who has to explain everything and walk you through everything? Me, but then you have this opinion that I do not know what I am talking about and someone else, whether it be in the gym or on here, will tell you the exact same fucking thing and you take their word for it. Trust me bro, I know my shit and if I do not I will be the first to say I do not know.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i never know what to make of any of your posts. they're just scatterbrained and non sequitar and most times don't contribute anything to a given thread.

maybe its cus' im neutral?..:disgust:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well i can tell through your posts you are decently well spoken. that alone would get you hired at some places. latinos and mexicans have a rep for being very hard workers. it doesn't matter so much if you speak english if your working in construction, janitorial services, or landscaping. people just want the job done well. obviously your not going to see someone who doesn't speak english working a call center, so they find the job that fits them best.

i can tell you that having been to severl walmarts in my area and out of state, it is apolling how many of there employees (and customers) are obese. not just out of shape or chubby, but obese. most of them are not physically capable nor very well spoken (at all) and without a place like walmart with very low standards for hiring, they very well could not have jobs.

The quality of employees whether they are obese, autistic, ethnic, etc does not mean that they do not deserve to be taken care of by one of the richest companies in America. Sure they do not have to work there, but some do not have much of a choice. The problem is that after Sam Walton died the quality of Wal-Mart in how they run their business and how they treat their employees has gone down the shitter.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The quality of employees whether they are obese, autistic, ethnic, etc does not mean that they do not deserve to be taken care of by one of the richest companies in America. Sure they do not have to work there, but some do not have much of a choice. The problem is that after Sam Walton died the quality of Wal-Mart in how they run their business and how they treat their employees has gone down the shitter.

i totally agree with you. everyone deserves to be properly taken care of by their employer if they are a full time employee. but this is not a perfect world. the fact that they provide such a staggering amount of jobs to people who otherwise would have a hard time getting word should not be viewed as a negative. agreed?

and that these people do not have much a choice where they would like to work is a hard fact of life. take you for example; you work hard and go to school so you have a choice where you will work, as you should. these people were either not fortunate enough to receive an education or made some bad decisions. say when you become a chiropracter, if the employees at walmart were given equal coverage in terms of healthcare, dental and whatnot as compared to you, someone who earned it, would that be fair?

seriously most of these people are just happy to be employed. you hear about writers' strikes and trucker strikes, but i've never heard of a walmart strike. have you?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First off, you can go fuck yourself if you think I am trying to act "smarter" than I really am. If I know something on a subject I post about it, if I do not then I will research it and post based off my educated background knowledge or I will not post at all. You on the other hand make nothing but presumptions, and state an opinion based on an argument. You do it on every damn post, and argue with people all the time when you in fact do not know for sure what your talking about, its always just "I think" or "I feel" but you get very defensive if others do not agree. :no:
Yes, I posted facts the facts that I posted were in the previous thread because those are in FACT what they do to their employees and how they run their business. The OPINION part of what I posted is that those qualities that they have are why I think they are a bad company and are more harmful (because of their sheer size) to our country than many let on about.
If you know so much more than me and everyone on here then why are you asking us questions then arguing with our response if it does not support your opinion based off presumptions and your "principles"? And then your respond that the fact that I think that this thread was merely an attempt to start and argument you attack my intelligence? You clearly do not know me as well as you think, because who has to explain everything and walk you through everything? Me, but then you have this opinion that I do not know what I am talking about and someone else, whether it be in the gym or on here, will tell you the exact same fucking thing and you take their word for it. Trust me bro, I know my shit and if I do not I will be the first to say I do not know.

1. i never claimed to be smarter than you, nor anyone else for that matter

2. i did not say i was right here. i stated my side with the facts i know. and i would like others' input on why they feel the way they do. this is the point of the thread.

3. lets not be tooooo hypocritcal here. you are mad that i attacked your intelligeince. understandable. but who did it first? and don't go back and edit the first post you made. you threw the 1st attack with no provoking. don't pretend otherwise.

4. i have not told anyone else (including you) that they are wrong. i respect your opinion on walmart and other issues, respect mine.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i totally agree with you. everyone deserves to be properly taken care of by their employer if they are a full time employee. but this is not a perfect world. the fact that they provide such a staggering amount of jobs to people who otherwise would have a hard time getting word should not be viewed as a negative. agreed?

and that these people do not have much a choice where they would like to work is a hard fact of life. take you for example; you work hard and go to school so you have a choice where you will work, as you should. these people were either not fortunate enough to receive an education or made some bad decisions. say when you become a chiropracter, if the employees at walmart were given equal coverage in terms of healthcare, dental and whatnot as compared to you, someone who earned it, would that be fair?

seriously most of these people are just happy to be employed. you hear about writers' strikes and trucker strikes, but i've never heard of a walmart strike. have you?

I would have to double check this, but I was told by a Wal-Mart employee when I worked for Coca-Cola that if they joined a union they would be fired. So a strike would not be beneficial because it would not be organized or controlled by a single group of people like a union so those that would want to strike would be fired and easily replaced.
I think anyone who works, especially if they are working for one of the wealthiest companies in the world, should get the best benefits possible and if they work the required hours they deserve it. Not have corners cut, I would think that they would get better deals and better coverage then myself when I become a chiropractor.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1. i never claimed to be smarter than you, nor anyone else for that matter

2. i did not say i was right here. i stated my side with the facts i know. and i would like others' input on why they feel the way they do. this is the point of the thread.

3. lets not be tooooo hypocritcal here. you are mad that i attacked your intelligeince. understandable. but who did it first? and don't go back and edit the first post you made. you threw the 1st attack with no provoking. don't pretend otherwise.

4. i have not told anyone else (including you) that they are wrong. i respect your opinion on walmart and other issues, respect mine.

Fair enough, but I apologized for that over a text message earlier today and said I didn't mean to put that. Ok we have to leave this till later, we both are going to be late to they gym. Ill see you there.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fair enough, but I apologized for that over a text message earlier today and said I didn't mean to put that. Ok we have to leave this till later, we both are going to be late to they gym. Ill see you there.

:bowroflarms::bowroflarms:

You guys are really training partners? :ughnoes:

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:154588:" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" width="480" height="360" allowFullscreen="true" scriptAccess="always"></embed>

it is so true :skurred:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not all training partners are soul mates like Tweak and yourself. :e5dunno:

We get along great in person, we just clash on here because I am trying to make him a better poster :keke: but it never has carried out of the internet and into real life. Maybe I am too hard on him... :e5dunno:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would have to double check this, but I was told by a Wal-Mart employee when I worked for Coca-Cola that if they joined a union they would be fired. So a strike would not be beneficial because it would not be organized or controlled by a single group of people like a union so those that would want to strike would be fired and easily replaced.
I think anyone who works, especially if they are working for one of the wealthiest companies in the world, should get the best benefits possible and if they work the required hours they deserve it. Not have corners cut, I would think that they would get better deals and better coverage then myself when I become a chiropractor.

really? i think your being too generous. someone like yourself deserves these benefits and then some for how qualified you are and the education you recieved. walmart's qualifications are pretty much that you can move and have a rudimentary understanding of english :e5dunno:. yes they deserve more than what they are currently getting, but getting the "best benefits possible" (as you said) should be earned, not given freely just because walmart is a huge corporation. full time employees should be given the coverage, but not the same as someone with your qualifications should have.

and the union thing makes sense that could be the reason why we haven't seen a strike. either that or they can't organize themselves efficiently enough or there just plum happy to have a job :dunnodude:

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

the problem many people have with big companys is that thy eliminate diversity in the markets. idealy you would have many shops compete in the different markets and in their attempt to attract customers they would ensure the quality of their products and competitive priceing. when you have one or two big players dominating the market then there is no need to try and do any of those things, hence why they can get away with anything cause they have a monopoly on the market. they can treat employees badly, price fix or whatever.

one thing people don't realise is that they might think they're saving alot of money, but in alot of cases thats not necessarily the case. lets say a family's weekly food requirements would cost $100 in a farmers markets, and $70 in walmart, but when people are shopping in walmart they tend to but alot of useless shit they might not even ever use, or buy junk food with the rest of the money, so both end up spending that $100. However i for one would rather buy from the farmers market cause for instance i think its much better to buy grass fed beef, farm chickens etc rather than meat from mass produced poorly fed animals. there is also the fact that you know the money's gonna go to the farmer and his family and not some billioner who just can't seem to get enough money.

one thing you fail to realise is that if other companys where able to succeed then they'll be employing more and more people. hence you won't have 1 million employed by a single company but 1000's of small and medium size companys.

to summerize my arguments i will use a quote from Lord Acton who said:
"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely".