• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WalMart FTW

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the problem many people have with big companys is that thy eliminate diversity in the markets. idealy you would have many shops compete in the different markets and in their attempt to attract customers they would ensure the quality of their products and competitive priceing. when you have one or two big players dominating the market then there is no need to try and do any of those things, hence why they can get away with anything cause they have a monopoly on the market. they can treat employees badly, price fix or whatever.

one thing people don't realise is that they might think they're saving alot of money, but in alot of cases thats not necessarily the case. lets say a family's weekly food requirements would cost $100 in a farmers markets, and $70 in walmart, but when people are shopping in walmart they tend to but alot of useless shit they might not even ever use, or buy junk food with the rest of the money, so both end up spending that $100. However i for one would rather buy from the farmers market cause for instance i think its much better to buy grass fed beef, farm chickens etc rather than meat from mass produced poorly fed animals. there is also the fact that you know the money's gonna go to the farmer and his family and not some billioner who just can't seem to get enough money.

one thing you fail to realise is that if other companys where able to succeed then they'll be employing more and more people. hence you won't have 1 million employed by a single company but 1000's of small and medium size companys.

to summerize my arguments i will use a quote from Lord Acton who said:
"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely".

good post your right it boils down to a moral issue here. walmart does have a quasi monopoly. the arguement on people buying useless crap at walmart is a moot point and just boils down to what the consumer wants. the bottome line is that they sell product A cheaper, sometimes this leads to poorer quality. but if some want to sacrifice quality to save some money, that's not neccessarily a bad thing. personally if i can afford it, i'm shopping at the farmer's market. but a lot of people aren't so fortunate.

i don't fail to realise that if walmart were not around that more or less their employees would work for other companies. but like i said man these people would need very basic unqualified jobs and would end up working for a safeway or something (not much better imo to their employees) and kinda be back at square 1.

btw if walmart does have a true monopoly, why doesn't the government step in? they did it to microsoft :dunnodude:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good post your right it boils down to a moral issue here. walmart does have a quasi monopoly. the arguement on people buying useless crap at walmart is a moot point and just boils down to what the consumer wants. the bottome line is that they sell product A cheaper, sometimes this leads to poorer quality. but if some want to sacrifice quality to save some money, that's not neccessarily a bad thing. personally if i can afford it, i'm shopping at the farmer's market. but a lot of people aren't so fortunate.

i don't fail to realise that if walmart were not around that more or less their employees would work for other companies. but like i said man these people would need very basic unqualified jobs and would end up working for a safeway or something (not much better imo to their employees) and kinda be back at square 1.

btw if walmart does have a true monopoly, why doesn't the government step in? they did it to microsoft :dunnodude:

They don't really, us that do not live in a trailer park shop at Target if we need to shop at a large discount store :coolguy:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They don't really, us that do not live in a trailer park shop at Target if we need to shop at a large discount store :coolguy:

:bowroflarms:

ya i must say i rarely ever shop there (walmart). i think the only thing i've bought from them is their protein powders. dirt cheap for how much you get and it's pretty good stuff! i know the vitamin warehouse next door needs the business more, but man i'm saving like $15. can't beat that!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should deserve nothing if you just get your job. Why would wal-mart owe you anything if you haven't worked there for a while? I never got that line of thinking, I never expected anyone that has more than me to give me some of theirs. If the person wants what the other has then go out and earn it. Its America and you can do it in many ways.

Now with that said, I would way rather have small businesses specially because I grew up in a small town but there's not much we can do about it.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just wanted to make an economical point here. Wal-Mart is able to sale at a lower price because they are able to buy at a lower price. If this was only because of illegal immigrants they would only sale foriegn products at a lower price. Yet almost everything in wal-mart is cheaper. The Waltons started this a long time ago buy buying a big warehouse. Then they were able to buy more product which in return lowered the each individual price of the product. So instead of buying 100 at 10$ each they buy 1000 at like 8$ each. This allows them to sale it cheaper and causes an increase in their sales. As Wal-Mart grew they were able to do it even easier. I'm not arguing that I'm for Wal-Mart at all and I do believe they elimanate small business. I think at some point the government will have to step in. K-Mart and Sears are trying to merge together to help fight against wal-mart from the last I heard.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just wanted to make an economical point here. Wal-Mart is able to sale at a lower price because they are able to buy at a lower price. If this was only because of illegal immigrants they would only sale foriegn products at a lower price. Yet almost everything in wal-mart is cheaper. The Waltons started this a long time ago buy buying a big warehouse. Then they were able to buy more product which in return lowered the each individual price of the product. So instead of buying 100 at 10$ each they buy 1000 at like 8$ each. This allows them to sale it cheaper and causes an increase in their sales. As Wal-Mart grew they were able to do it even easier. I'm not arguing that I'm for Wal-Mart at all and I do believe they elimanate small business. I think at some point the government will have to step in. K-Mart and Sears are trying to merge together to help fight against wal-mart from the last I heard.

thank you captain obvious! lol just kidding man yes your right one of the main reasons they sell at a discounted price is because they themselves obtain their products cheaper due to the amount they buy at a single time.

a sears/ kmart merger huh? interesting. i don't think it would do much to fight walmart. sounds more to me this would be just creating another walmart :e5dunno:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should deserve nothing if you just get your job. Why would wal-mart owe you anything if you haven't worked there for a while? I never got that line of thinking, I never expected anyone that has more than me to give me some of theirs. If the person wants what the other has then go out and earn it. Its America and you can do it in many ways.

Now with that said, I would way rather have small businesses specially because I grew up in a small town but there's not much we can do about it.

:xyxthumbs:

agree 100%

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no one works long enough at one place to even get a decent raise
funny...

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my brothers been working at Chesters hamburgers for 8 years
from 6.75$ an hour to now 10.25$ an hour plus 75% off food. and a weeks paid vacation
each year, and hes not even a manager

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my brothers been working at Chesters hamburgers for 8 years
from 6.75$ an hour to now 10.25$ an hour plus 75% off food. and a weeks paid vacation
each year, and hes not even a manager

I think alot of young people are too lazy to stick it out, they are always searching for the instant gratification. By Job Hopping they are unable to optimally climb the latter.

Ive been at my new job for just over 3 months now, Ive recieved a 5 dollar raise and 80% benifets including medical and dental. I halso have a nifty card that saves me 20% at a local workwear dealer:hsughr:

So in short I think putting an honest effort in, instead of being impatient and greedy will lead to more prosperous growth.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think alot of young people are too lazy to stick it out, they are always searching for the instant gratification. By Job Hopping they are unable to optimally climb the latter.

Ive been at my new job for just over 3 months now, Ive recieved a 5 dollar raise and 80% benifets including medical and dental. I halso have a nifty card that saves me 20% at a local workwear dealer:hsughr:

So in short I think putting an honest effort in, instead of being impatient and greedy will lead to more prosperous growth.

good point. and good post too hypo, a lot of people don't stick with a career/job long enough to see some type of substantial raise. good for your brother for sticking with a job for as long as he has.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea coz everyone wants to be flipping burgers or pushing trolleys for 10+ years

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea coz everyone wants to be flipping burgers or pushing trolleys for 10+ years

hey i'm with you on this man i could never work such a menial job for so long. but somebody's gotta do it.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats why you get a trade, cheap schooling and excellent profit

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hes know everything like the back of his hand
everything.