• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What do we have to eat before exercise?

S

Salkoazer

You really don't need to eat anything before your workout.
If it makes your session better to eat then do it, if it doesn´t then don´t.
Just make sure to hit your macros by the end of the day.
I am an intermittent faster so probably a lot of people won't agree with me.

H

hell2say

Hello everyone , can anybody tell me which diet we have to eat before doing exercise? share your views thanx.

Hi mate. Could you first tell me what kind of exercise you're talking about. If you're doing cardio, you may want to do it on an empty stomach or with something very light. On the other, if you're doing gym, you may want to have a certain level of carbohydrates. So, could you specify the sort of exercise you mean?

Benoit W

Benoit W

Whеthеr yоu аrе dоing саrdiоvаsсulаr trаining оr wеight trаining it wоuld bе wisе tо prоvidе yоur bоdy with еssеntiаl fооd tо fuеl yоur lоng wоrkоut.

Mаny pеоplе аvоid еаting аnything bеfоrе а wоrkоut, еspесiаlly pеоplе whо trаin in thе mоrning, with thе idеа thаt thеy will lоsе mоrе fаt.

Yоur musсlеs nееd nutriеnts frоm саrbоhydrаtеs аnd prоtеins tо prоpеrly funсtiоn. Dеpеnding оn yоur diеt yоu mаy wаnt tо аvоid hеаvy mеаls bеfоrе а lоng wоrkоut.Rеmеmbеr thаt yоur bоdy аlsо usеs еnеrgy tо digеst fооd, sо during yоur wоrkоut yоu wаnt tо mаkе surе yоur bоdy hаs thе nесеssаry еnеrgy.

Fоr lоng wоrkоuts yоu саn аlwаys nоtiсе thе еffесts frоm аvоiding а prе-wоrkоut mеаl. Nоrmаlly, yоur musсlеs will nоt hаvе еnоugh nutriеnts tо rесоvеr аnd thе lасk оf еnеrgy will mаkе it diffiсult tо соntinuе а lоng wоrkоut.

Fоr а lоng wоrkоut yоu саn еаt а pеаnut buttеr sаndwiсh with sоmе fruit. During yоur wоrkоut mаkе surе tо kееp hydrаtеd with wаtеr. If yоu plаn tо wоrkоut fоr lоngеr thаn 1 hоur yоu mаy wаnt tо соnsidеr drinking а bеvеrаgе with еlесtrоlytеs, suсh аs Gаtоrаdе.

Fitspired

Fitspired

Always go for something that will energise you. Remember these two groups: carbs and protein. You always need them before you workout and after as well. As for the food itself, it depends on what you would like. Some fruits that are high in carbs are: bananas, sweet potatoes, beetroots, oranges and blueberries. Some grains that are high in carbs are: quinoa, rice and oatmeal. Some foods that are high in protein are: chicken breast, yogurt, eggs, meat, turkey breast and tuna.

You can mix it up even. Try some oatmeal with banana. Or maybe try some porridge with eggs. Try some rice with chicken breast. The options are endless, you don't even have to restrict yourself when it comes to food options.

R

rajeshbody11

Taking a large meal before exercise is not at all a good idea. You can take some light energy foods and drinks before your workout. I would highly recommend you some energy drinks before your workout. Energy drinks contain less calorie compared to food and they also give some decent amount of energy for your workout session. I hope this helps.