• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

What keeps you motivated?

Scout200

Scout200

Member
Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Messages
21
Points
3
Keeping up the habit of working out frequently is tough for most of us. What are some ways you keep yourself motivated to hit the gym on your off-days?

-Scout
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Vids, music, my trainings partner and I work a few hours per week in the gym so most of the clients are watching over my shoulder. If I miss a session there on me bleh!
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
Improving. The mirror should keep you motivated.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
When you have been several times through the process of rejoining the gym after months/years of inactivity you only need to remember the pain and feeling of utter weakness that you feel the first weeks/months.
If I have to stop training again I won't come back, so i better keep going.

On a more possitive side: keep some short-term realistic goals that you can achieve whitin a couple of months at most and fight to fulfill them. Things like adding 5 Kg to some exercise, doing 3 more reps here and there or something like that. That will force you to be consistent in order to achieve your self-set goals. Do not aim too high tho, or it would have the opposite effect.
Some healthy competition is cool too. ie: Natzo won't stop benching until he tops me (which means he will be benching forever).

That been said, at the end of the day this is a lonely activity and you should be lifting for yourself. Honestly i wouldn't be investing my time in something i don't enjoy.
 
Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
Natzo won't stop benching until he tops me (which means he will be benching forever).

you little ****...

soon my friend soon.

I may add that what keeps me motivated is the progress I see in the mirror, still a small bb to such a pretty face.
 
Last edited:
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Being awesome. I enjoy it and wish to remain awesome indefinitely and slowly become more awesome (if possible).
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Aw shucks.

Trying to catch the old man?
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Stupid phone
 
Last edited:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Being awesome. I enjoy it and wish to remain awesome indefinitely and slowly become more awesome (if possible).
Exactly.

I just take a look at everyone around me and know that I want to tread a different path.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
4,816
Points
38
Not being as big as Jay is, i can easily outsexy everyone on here but im not big enough.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Sif.

I'll be pulling 300kg by then.
 
B

bigbenmarch

Active member
Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
34
Points
6
my first competition next year. loosing isnt an option, ever
 
shadeagain

shadeagain

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
89
Points
6
i will still be motivated becoz i will not feel good without it.
 
Scout200

Scout200

Member
Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Messages
21
Points
3
When you have been several times through the process of rejoining the gym after months/years of inactivity you only need to remember the pain and feeling of utter weakness that you feel the first weeks/months.
If I have to stop training again I won't come back, so i better keep going.
Ha, SOOO true!!
On a more possitive side: keep some short-term realistic goals that you can achieve whitin a couple of months at most and fight to fulfill them. Things like adding 5 Kg to some exercise, doing 3 more reps here and there or something like that. That will force you to be consistent in order to achieve your self-set goals. Do not aim too high tho, or it would have the opposite effect.
Some healthy competition is cool too. ie: Natzo won't stop benching until he tops me (which means he will be benching forever).

That been said, at the end of the day this is a lonely activity and you should be lifting for yourself. Honestly i wouldn't be investing my time in something i don't enjoy.
Nicely said!
 
Cork

Cork

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
470
Points
18
My motivation comes from bodybuilding competition with a healthy dose of self hate thrown in.
 
Scout200

Scout200

Member
Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Messages
21
Points
3
My motivation comes from raising my 3 young children.. it seems like they're constantly on the run and I have to be able to keep up! Also, I plan on sticking around for a while... ;)
 
jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
499
Points
18
having sexual relations with the opposite sex keeps me motivated.
 
Top