• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What Mixed Martial Art Discipline or Style is the Best?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

There's a lot of various Mix Martial Art Disciplines and Styles like Gracie Jujitsu, Jeet Kune Do, Shoot Fighting, and many others that combines stand-up and ground fighting. Which mix martial arts style do you think is the best if not the most effective?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love watching mixed martial arts under the UFC rules because it is the most brutal which is also the most enjoyable for me. But for the fighting itself, Muay Thai is the best discipline because it is not just about fighting but also in being a gentleman. Before the Muay Thai bout begins, the fighters have a ritual to do that is connected to religion. Maybe it was an offshoot from the Kung Fu of the olden times.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like the real freelance-fighting style of Bruce Lee that he used in his movies, and he said that traditional martial arts are ineffective and impractical for real fighting. The traditional ways are to limiting, and the unrealistic and rehearsed routines gives these fighters false confidence. Bruce Lee liked simplicity, efficiency and fluidity of movements- and also said it lies within the individual and not the style.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu I guess is still the best among the different disciplines of mixed martial arts. It's a better base compared to wrestling because if two guys are competing and one had excellent wrestling, and awful Jiu-Jitsu and the other one has horrible wrestling and excellent Jiu Jitsu most likely the one with the superior Jiu-Jitsu will come on top.