• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What shoes do you train in?

What shoes do you train in?

• Running shoes

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Cross training shoes

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Weightlifting shoes

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Otomix or similar squat shoes

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Powerlifting slippers or shoes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nike Frees

• Chuck Taylors

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Something with a hard flat sole

• Bare feet

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
some nikes that are "walking shoes" because they are flat.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they actually have to, the risk to get injured is way higher than with shoes.

You mean less risk of them having to clean up blood. :no:

Unless shoes are hard leather and steel cap, dropping a plate on your foot still does similar amounts of damage to the foot. You may get less skin tearing in shoes though. The running shoes that most people wear don't do shit to protect your foot from falling weights.

Lets ask Flex about whether shoes made a difference to his foot. Still looked swollen and bruised to me (tough bastard didn't even break any bones :umwtf:)

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Adidas Ironworks II for squatting.

adidasshoeironworkiib-1.jpg

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Barefoot generally but I will be getting a hold of a cheapo pair of chucks one day soon to train in. I have a leather pair but I don't want to wreck them.

CombBoy

CombBoy

I just wear my old Squash shoes. Comfy for cardio, stable enough for squats, etc. and has plenty of grip on hack squat/leg press machine platforms.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
basketball shoes, nike zoom or nike hyperdunks depends if im squating or not

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
chucks or shox's or Jordan's Lulz

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Timberland Pro titan series high top etc
something like this one, same stuff, but mine looks slightly different
http://www.timberland.com/product/i...&cp=1762199.1780842.2453766&parentPage=family
pTBL5928037v250-1.jpg

* 360 degrees of lightweight comfort
* Polyurethane midsole provides lightweight, durable cushioning
* Soft leathers to minimise break-in time
* Moisture-channeling spacer mesh comfort lining with integral anti-microbial keeps foot dry and comfortable
* Nylon diffusion shank for torsional rigidity
* Stretch elastic on each side for flexible, slip-on convenience
* Timberland PRO® rubber outsole is slip-, oil- and abrasion-resistant and has exceptional cushioning
* Contoured OrthoLite® footbed with Outlast® Adaptive Comfort® cover to regulate temperature
* Non-metallic TiTan® safety toe for lightweight protection and roomy fit
* Non-metallic hardware

montanamuscle

montanamuscle

underarmor speed

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Timberland Pro titan series high top etc
something like this one, same stuff, but mine looks slightly different
http://www.timberland.com/product/i...&cp=1762199.1780842.2453766&parentPage=family
* 360 degrees of lightweight comfort
* Polyurethane midsole provides lightweight, durable cushioning
* Soft leathers to minimise break-in time
* Moisture-channeling spacer mesh comfort lining with integral anti-microbial keeps foot dry and comfortable
* Nylon diffusion shank for torsional rigidity
* Stretch elastic on each side for flexible, slip-on convenience
* Timberland PRO® rubber outsole is slip-, oil- and abrasion-resistant and has exceptional cushioning
* Contoured OrthoLite® footbed with Outlast® Adaptive Comfort® cover to regulate temperature
* Non-metallic TiTan® safety toe for lightweight protection and roomy fit
* Non-metallic hardware
* Looks really hardcore when worn in the gym

Fixed

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This just hit my inbox and is kinda related:
Injury Reduction Effectiveness of Selecting Running Shoes Based on Plantar Shape.
Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 23(3):685-697, May 2009.
Knapik, Joseph J 1; Swedler, David I 1; Grier, Tyson L 1; Hauret, Keith G 1; Bullock, Steven H 1; Williams, Kelly W 2; Darakjy, Salima S 1; Lester, Mark E 3; Tobler, Steven K 4; Jones, Bruce H 1

Abstract:
Knapik, JJ, Swedler, DI, Grier, TL, Hauret, KG, Bullock, SH, Williams, KW, Darakjy, SS, Lester, ME, Tobler, SK, and Jones, BH. Injury reduction effectiveness of selecting running shoes based on plantar shape. J Strength Cond Res 23(3): 685-697, 2009-Popular running magazines and running shoe companies suggest that imprints of the bottom of the feet (plantar shape) can be used as an indication of the height of the medial longitudinal foot arch and that this can be used to select individually appropriate types of running shoes. This study examined whether or not this selection technique influenced injury risk during United States Army Basic Combat Training (BCT). After foot examinations, BCT recruits in an experimental group (E: n = 1,079 men and 451 women) selected motion control, stability, or cushioned shoes for plantar shapes judged to represent low, medium, or high foot arches, respectively. A control group (C: n = 1,068 men and 464 women) received a stability shoe regardless of plantar shape. Injuries during BCT were determined from outpatient medical records. Other previously known injury risk factors (e.g., age, fitness, and smoking) were obtained from a questionnaire and existing databases. Multivariate Cox regression controlling for other injury risk factors showed little difference in injury risk between the E and C groups among men (risk ratio (E/C) = 1.01; 95% confidence interval = 0.88-1.16; p = 0.87) or women (risk ratio (E/C) = 1.07; 95% confidence interval = 0.91-1.25; p = 0.44). In practical application, this prospective study demonstrated that selecting shoes based on plantar shape had little influence on injury risk in BCT. Thus, if the goal is injury prevention, this selection technique is not necessary in BCT.
Basically all those fancy measures they do on feet to select a shoe for your arch type are BS. This doesn't take into account plantar flexion levels and level of heel strike though so a well trained shoe salesman should be able to spot what will suit the best from gait analysis.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I squat and deadlfit in my socks and the rest in some black reebok basketball shoes, or my t-mac 1

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:disgust:

Possibly the worst shoes ever worn in a gym.

but the best looking shoe :coolguy:

i wear shox too. for squats i take them off sometimes. weight feels lighter for some reason if you have some cushion..

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but the best looking shoe :coolguy:

i wear shox too. for squats i take them off sometimes. weight feels lighter for some reason if you have some cushion..

Because you don't get the compressive proprioceptive feedback from your feet to the same extent.

Shox are terrible shoes, especially for squatting. Check the foot position and the knee angles in these vids.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
flip flops are fun to do legs in..if you make sure to have great control

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
i have newbalance shoes. not ideal i should buy some better shoes...