• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Wheres the Drama Queen at?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hmm But is it better then seeing Jay walk around his house and picking up dog shit.

Too each their own I guess...

:umwtf:

There was one video with Kai were they spent all this time on close up shots of all the philosophy books he was reading and then filmed a 10min flow of conciousness ramble on positive thinking he had. I'd prefer to watch a pro do a few mundane things that show they are human than ever see that rambling bunch of crap again.

It's meant to be the power of positive thinking, not positive talking to a camera.

Now whether or not Kai liked the way the video was put together (because I know from experience that you usually shoot 10x the amount of material that actually gets used) or ever intended for his "image" to be portrayed that way, I can't tell. But I do know that it did portray him in that light and so posts like pakiman's are bound to result from people who aren't "fan-boys".

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:umwtf:

There was one video with Kai were they spent all this time on close up shots of all the philosophy books he was reading and then filmed a 10min flow of conciousness ramble on positive thinking he had. I'd prefer to watch a pro do a few mundane things that show they are human than ever see that rambling bunch of crap again.

It's meant to be the power of positive thinking, not positive talking to a camera.

Now whether or not Kai liked the way the video was put together (because I know from experience that you usually shoot 10x the amount of material that actually gets used) or ever intended for his "image" to be portrayed that way, I can't tell. But I do know that it did portray him in that light and so posts like pakiman's are bound to result from people who aren't "fan-boys".

Honestly Tim I enjoy both "types" of videos and Im not a big fan of Kai. But most Bodybuilders have pretty mundane stuff in their videos for gods sakes its bodybuilding. I also think its better then Listing to some one talking about a line of supplements, ETC...

P.s.
I think you can Learn a bit from their philosophies on Training, Prehab, Rehab, Motivation and etc... Well Depends on what videos your watching.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually like listening to Kai because he's a great speaker. I think it's entertaining. Much like listening to Tom Platz talk about the philosophies of bodybuilding and life. It is so inspirational. I never looked up to anyone in my life until I saw Tom Platz I think. Anyway back to the topic, I agree that Kai may ramble on and on about his passed but it is different so I watch it. I'm not a big fan of his either but it is motivational you have to agree.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually like listening to Kai because he's a great speaker. I think it's entertaining. Much like listening to Tom Platz talk about the philosophies of bodybuilding and life. It is so inspirational. I never looked up to anyone in my life until I saw Tom Platz I think. Anyway back to the topic, I agree that Kai may ramble on and on about his passed but it is different so I watch it. I'm not a big fan of his either but it is motivational you have to agree.

You clearly haven't heard many motivational speakers or good public speakers. Kai is not very good at either.

People are clearly easily impressed.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I know this is off topic and may have been posted before but i was looking for the 09 olympia routine and i stumbled on this transformation clip and i didnt wanna start a whole new thread.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I don't even watch bodybuilding vids. I have more important things to do with my time, like cleaning under my foreskin. :bitelip:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Jessica is watching at this thread

15g3w4y-1.gif

co05

co05

You clearly haven't heard many motivational speakers or good public speakers. Kai is not very good at either.

People are clearly easily impressed.

Oh, so, Johnny5's opinion doesn't count for shit?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh, so, Johnny5's opinion doesn't count for shit?
Where did I say that?

He said:
johnny5 said:
I actually like listening to Kai because he's a great speaker.
What I said is a very valid assessment of that statement.

co05

co05

Where did I say that?

He said:

What I said is a very valid assessment of that statement.

Well, Johnny5 likes Kai's speeches and it clearly does something for him. Johnny was just expressing his opinion and preference for Kai's videos. It wasn't as if he were factually stating that Kai was a great speaker among the likes of *insert whoever is considered a historically great speaker*.

I suppose had a issue with your quote because it sounded like it was denigrating Johnny's opinion. After all, who are we to disparage someone's honest, genuine preferences?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, Johnny5 likes Kai's speeches and it clearly does something for him. Johnny was just expressing his opinion and preference for Kai's videos. It wasn't as if he were factually stating that Kai was a great speaker among the likes of *insert whoever is considered a historically great speaker*.

I suppose had a issue with your quote because it sounded like it was denigrating Johnny's opinion. After all, who are we to disparage someone's honest, genuine preferences?

In my opinion gravity is nothing but a scientific conspiracy perpetuated by apple growers. :borat:

co05

co05

In my opinion gravity is nothing but a scientific conspiracy perpetuated by apple growers. :borat:

Clearly you haven't had much experience with scientific conspiracies or apple growers.

Gravity is actually a nasty rumor spread by an angry English guy with a sore head. :ughnoes:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Clearly you haven't had much experience with scientific conspiracies or apple growers.

Gravity is actually a nasty rumor spread by an angry English guy with a sore head. :ughnoes:

That's what the apple growers want you to believe.

But you see my point; we can't replace facts with opinions, even when the information is subjective it can still be assessed critically to be a well informed opinion or a poorly informed opinion.

co05

co05

But you see my point; we can't replace facts with opinions, even when the information is subjective it can still be assessed critically to be a well informed opinion or a poorly informed opinion.

I see what you mean.

But do you base your every single taste and preference on facts and information? Perhaps you like somethings just because you like them. A shit-ton of people loooooved Twilight. A fourteen year old girl's opinion of the book is that it's a great novel. Sure, an informed literary critic might tear it to shreds when compared to Pride and Prejudice (or whatever), but who cares? I like listening to Korean girl-pop groups (and lifting weights, the two are related I assure you :headbang:). Why? Dunno, I'm not going to over think it and justify it factually. I like it and why should it matter?

Johnny5 likes Kai Greene's speaking. It's not something to be analyzed and justified. He values it. He thinks it's great. It motivates and inspires him. Power to him, don't take it away from him.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see what you mean.

But do you base your every single taste and preference on facts and information? Perhaps you like somethings just because you like them. A shit-ton of people loooooved Twilight. A fourteen year old girl's opinion of the book is that it's a great novel. Sure, an informed literary critic might tear it to shreds when compared to Pride and Prejudice (or whatever), but who cares? I like listening to Korean girl-pop groups (and lifting weights, the two are related I assure you :headbang:). Why? Dunno, I'm not going to over think it and justify it factually. I like it and why should it matter?
You can like the banal and shallow. In Mr Holland's Opus there is a line where he describes how crap The Beatles are yet how much he loves them. Star Wars is filled with some of the worst acting and scripting ever put to film, yet it remains a timeless classic. It isn't about ignoring strengths and highlighting weaknesses in any subjective assessment, but rather weighting them. As such my comment was about johnny5's lack of information upon which to weight his assessment.

Johnny5 likes Kai Greene's speaking. It's not something to be analyzed and justified. He values it. He thinks it's great. It motivates and inspires him. Power to him, don't take it away from him.
It does have to be justified. He may like it for a reason that is not being given any weight by another person (such as myself, I may not be giving weight to Kai's exploration of alternate speaking topics for a BBing medium). I'm in an industry that requires oral communication and desemination of complex ideas, as such hearing good public speakers, while not common, is something I am regularly exposed to. So when I hear Kai speak I am less than impressed, so my subjective opinion has a weighting based on communication of topic, clarity, enthusiasm, knowing the topic, concise use of language, etc. As such I feel that someone who says Kai is a good speaker hasn't really been exposed to many good speakers to draw that conclusion.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its amazing that some people cant see through him... Kai is a con-artist constantly on a simpathy hunt!

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim, I just simply said that he's a good speaker (in my opinion). When Kai talks everyone seems to really listen in. And he's also soft spoken too which may help I think. I don't believe I typed out my post properly then. But I don't mean to compare him to, I don't know, lets say Martin Luther King Jr or Winston Churchill... When you watch his interviews you can see what I mean. Anyway I hope that clears things up a bit Tim!

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its amazing that some people cant see through him... Kai is a con-artist constantly on a simpathy hunt!

So, He does not deserve to win shows he has a bad physique?