• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Which routine worked best for you

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
Like the titel said. So if its a fb/split/ub+lb/push+pull routine please post the name(like rippetoe or 5x5 etc) or post the whole routine.
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
To be honest my last routine I made the best progress as far as strength and everything goes:

a 2 split: Chest/Back/Tris, Legs/Shoulders/Bis

2 main sets for each exercise 2 or 3 exercises per bodypart centered around the main compound lifts.
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
I find 2 on 1 off to work very well...lots of time to rest and grow. I dont get burned out or OT from this style of training. Looks something like this:
Day 1 chest/biceps
Day 2 back/rear delts
Day 3 off
Day 4 Legs
Day 5 Shoulders/triceps
Day 6 Off
Repeat

I tend to grow best off low volume/heavy weight training. 6-8 reps a set/ 6-9 working sets total
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
So far I think Rippetoe and lyle McDonalds bulking routine worked best for me.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
My best ever was a 6-part split spread over 3 days with 2 workouts per day, training 6 days a week. Of course it helped that I worked at a gym at the time and was eating like and animal.
 
Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
397
Points
16
My current program seems to be working well.
Sunday - off
Monday - chest, rear delt
Tuesday - deadlift, calf
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - shoulders, traps, calf
Friday - back
Saturday - arms

Tuesday was initially going to be an off day but my deadlifts had been suffering lately so I decided to have a deadlift day with nothing else to worry about and it has worked very well. I train traps with shoulders and not back because of time and energy. For a long time I used a split of chest/sh/tric, back/bic, legs and did each twice per week, once heavy, once lighter. It worked for a while for some bodyparts but really started to burn me out and I missed the straight arm work - as I felt my arms were getting no place with this split, no worse, just no better. I have tried many different splits throughout my training, but I always seem to come back to what I am doing now, my body just likes it.
 
alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
888
Points
18
monday - chest back arms
tuesday - legs
thursday - chest back delts
sarurday legs
 
afgan-ali

afgan-ali

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2007
Messages
150
Points
16
my best was one or two body parts a day but in this orderr

day one - quads n hams
day two - chest n calfs
rest
day three - bak upper n lower
day four - shoulders n traps
day five - arms
rest
repeat

i reckon i gave everythin enough time too recover n go stronger as i went
 
A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
Keep them comming...
 
German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
1,032
Points
38
upper/lower split

doing bill pearls 5x5 at the moment and seems to be improving my lifts fittingly
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
1,977
Points
38
Upper/lower split and HST.
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
I find low volume, low reps (6-10), and make your workout week extend to 8 or 9 days works best for strength and size gains. It allows for maximum recovery with maximum stimulation.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
mon- chest, biceps, traps, abs and calves
tue - off
wed - shoulders, quads, hams, abs
thu - off
fri - forearms, calves
sat- back, triceps, traps and abs
sun - off
 
thinkler

thinkler

Member
Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
20
Points
1
day 1 upper body
day 2 lower body (heavy squat moderate dl)
day 3 rest
day 4 upper body
day 5 lower body(squat moderate heavy dl)
day 6 rest
day 7 rest
 
Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
5,398
Points
38
5x5 worked great for me and HIT Training works great for me as well so its 50 50 for me because I will begin switching with each program every month.
 
samutown

samutown

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
118
Points
16
mon - chest, delts, tric
tue - legs
thu - chest, delts, tric
fri - deadlift, back, bic, legs
 
SirTeddy

SirTeddy

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
105
Points
16
I've got the best results from a program which is loosely based on Pavel Tsatsouline's book.
Day 1. Chest, Quads, Calves
Day 2. Back, Forearms
Day 3. Shoulders, Triceps
Day 4. Hamstrings, Biceps
Reps/Sets are 5x5-6 avoiding failure. Two exercises per musclegroup.
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
My training routine is basically from the approach of Dorian Yates (HIT) it just makes sense to me to train in this manner and obvi i wouldnt do it if it didnt produce results :tiphat:

Monday-Back and rear Delts
Tuesday-Delts, Traps and Triceps
Wednesday-OFF
Thursday-Quads and Hams
Friday-Calves, Chest and Biceps

Doing a couple warm-ups per set then one-all out set to failure and often past the point of failure.
 
A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
765
Points
18
Is that you in your avatar? If so you looking great lance
 

Similar threads

TitanProgress
Replies
0
Views
61
TitanProgress
TitanProgress
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
39
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
29
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top