• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Why cut dairy on a cut?

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
i´m been wondering this since i heard that i should cut the dairy from my cut around 18 weeks out
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MetalMX

MetalMX

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
373
Points
18
Dairy contains lactose and milk sugar both which can cause water retention, bloat and a soft look to the physique thats why competitors cut it from their diet at a certain point. If your not competing and cutting i don't think diary should be cut from the diet. Myself i use alternatives since i'm allergic to diary.
 
samsam

samsam

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
143
Points
16
Most of it's high calorie. Cheese-phobia is another reason.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
i almost dont have any dairy at all, not when bulking nor cutting. i have cottage cheese late at night in small amounts, and even that makes me feel bloated. dont think ive had any milk the last half a year or so. i take calsium in supplement form to make sure i get that. but ive never been really into milk drinking and i dont like the way it makes me feel so:)
 
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
2,517
Points
36
Useless calories. There really isnt any point to even drink it. And of course what MetalMX said about lactose making you body look soft. For me its just as simple as its not needed in a cut theres no reason for it.
 
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,475
Points
38
Got milk ?

I drink it because it is known to have very good effects on the body, it does bloat you a little (can I even form that sentence ?) but the positive effects on the rest of the body are priceless.
 
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
Milk is one of the if not the best sources of protein available. This is why protein powders are made from it. I dont think it would be necessary to cut it out at 18 weeks out, just make smart dairy choices. While lactose is a sugar, it significantly increases the absorption of calcium. It can cause bloat so I would recommend cutting it out at maybe 8 weeks out depending on the individual.
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
Useless calories. There really isnt any point to even drink it. And of course what MetalMX said about lactose making you body look soft. For me its just as simple as its not needed in a cut theres no reason for it.


ok that's just simply not true tony. useless calories? milk protein is 2nd only to whey (which btw is a dairy protein) in quality proteins. it is a solid food to add to any diet, unless you are cutting. metalmx is exactly right. the lactose converts to sugar on top of the fact milk already has 12g sugar a cup. sugar is your arch nemesis on a cut and that is why it is wise to eliminate milk.
 
Top