• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Will Kai Greene Accept Olympia Special Invite

Will Kai Greene Accept the Olympia Special Invite?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Jim Manion has extended the special invite to Kai Greene for the 2017 Mr. Olympia. Considering all of the factors (perhaps not as much prep time as he would have liked, his previous issues with AMI, his age, etc.), I am going to stand by my earlier prediction from almost two years ago that Greene will never stand on the Olympia stage again.

Of course, it would be a much more exciting show with The Predator in the line-up. This is going to be a slam dunk for Phil Heath, even with Greene. But that would be his closest competitor. So it makes sense for Manion to do this, business-wise and PR-wise, since Greene is the clear cut fan favorite and people's champion.

What do you guys think?

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm with you Joe. I agree. It's all just bullshit pr. Kai isn't coming back.

TheMuscleBear

TheMuscleBear

Banned
Kai won't and will not come back.

Torres

Torres

Kia won't go to the Olympia !!!
Maybe years down the road, he'll do a Leverone or Flex and do classic physique , who knows with these dudes doing comebacks all of a sudden . But he won't come back !!!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Thanks Joe!

Kai is not going to do it! It would be great if he did though!

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Manion's move was ingenious and the iFBB (and even AMI, for that matter) can say they welcomed him with open arms and he chose not to compete. And by some chance he does enter, it's a much better show.

TheMuscleBear

TheMuscleBear

Banned
This is why you don't try to procreate with grapefruits

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Since he will be guest posing in India & China @ August, I do not think he has the time to prep properly for the Olympia and will probably refuse the offer. However if for some reason there is a huge contract or something that involves money between the IFBB and him, he might take a shot at it.

Not sure at this point. I too thought he will never compete at the O ever again, but with an invite like this you never know.
With that said, the Mr O 2017 is not hyped at all if not for this "special invite".