• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WOW ..GARY STRYDOM: May Be Planning Olympia Comeback!

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gary was and still is a super star in the sport. Best of luck to him.
..X2 .. I met him in person and is also a great guy!
His best card and keys are keep in diet mode all year long
..:bullwhip:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
things are changing Tim.. remember that Dexter in Mr.O ( ok he carries a lot of mass.. but jay carries more ) and Troy Alves winning Europa this year.

BB with good lines are the future.

Why not show that at 47+ you can still do it!"

there's some minor shows that I think he could qualify!

I don't disagree there is a trend away from the mass monster, but take a look at the comparison pic threads with guys like Kevin vs whomever. The guys with tight lines now are also carrying a lot more mass. And Gary is definitely on the light side.

One of the Aussie BBers qualified for the Arnold (?? Con - he turned pro recently but has been around for years.) but got his arse handed to him because he looked so light on stage. Yet he had great lines, was a good size and was well defined (although looked a bit soft on stage so he could have messed up his last week).

Essentially we still have a mass game in BBing.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gary is great and he looks great from the front and also maybe from the side too. But when he turns around it's bye bye Gary... Sad but true. It was like that even when he was at his prime.

Interesting news though.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I don't disagree there is a trend away from the mass monster, but take a look at the comparison pic threads with guys like Kevin vs whomever. The guys with tight lines now are also carrying a lot more mass. And Gary is definitely on the light side.

One of the Aussie BBers qualified for the Arnold (?? Con - he turned pro recently but has been around for years.) but got his arse handed to him because he looked so light on stage. Yet he had great lines, was a good size and was well defined (although looked a bit soft on stage so he could have messed up his last week).

Essentially we still have a mass game in BBing.

yes we still have the mass game..but the rules of the game are starting to change there's signs of it.

If BB wants to go mainstream ( wich I believe never will) it has to change the rules.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Natzo said:
yes we still have the mass game..but the rules of the game are starting to change there's signs of it.

If BB wants to go mainstream ( wich I believe never will) it has to change the rules.
Lets hope they are trying to change. It is ridiculous to reward distended physiques with no aesthetics.

I don't know that BBing wants or should go mainstream. But it should try to be less fringe and actively divorcing itself from larger audiences. Considering the huge numbers involved in the fitness industry you would think their apex would be more marketable to Joe and Jill Bloggs.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ They wouldn't go mainstream because pro BB is not healthy. End of story.