• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Wrist pain - Help me design a routine that doesn't involve my right wrist

thinkler

thinkler

Member
Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
20
Points
1
Hey guys,

Since about 2 weeks I have pain in my right wrist. I trained with the pain but right now I feel the pain won't go if I continue to train. However, like everybody on this site I'm addicted to the gym and can't imagine not training for 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm doing full body routine 3x per week
I thought I could do the following:

squat
leg press
good morning (in replacement of deadlift)
leg curl
calves
lunges
(in fact about any lower body exercice except deadlift and front squat)

the upper body get trickier
crunches for abs
pec-dec for pecs (using elbows to squeeze)
lateral raise shoulder machine (the one you lift with your elbows)
rear delt machine (you push with your elbows)

Does anybody is thinking of others exercices, especially for upper body, that is possible to perform without using a right wrist?

thanks in advance

the dubber
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
I know how it feels to train with a painlfull wrist. got a car accident a few years back which left me with a very painfull wrist. I had to take some rest to recover fromt he injurys but after that my wrist felt really bad for a long time. I did some light upperbody work during that period which helped me recover. I would suggest to take a week of and start the next week with a light session. Build up slowly and try to avoid serious pain in your wrist.
 
skid9832004

skid9832004

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
337
Points
16
I know how it feels to train with a painlfull wrist. got a car accident a few years back which left me with a very painfull wrist. I had to take some rest to recover fromt he injurys but after that my wrist felt really bad for a long time. I did some light upperbody work during that period which helped me recover. I would suggest to take a week of and start the next week with a light session. Build up slowly and try to avoid serious pain in your wrist.


agreed just take a week off its better to rest than to get hurt more and have to take even more time off then after the 1 week off go light and build up
 

Similar threads

PumpChaser
Replies
3
Views
111
justinr84
justinr84
MuscleMaverick
Replies
2
Views
154
CoachCelestine
CoachCelestine
BigArvin
Replies
0
Views
187
BigArvin
BigArvin
Top