• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Xiva - Strength block!

X

Xiva

Banned
Really? I might do it for calves then...how does this work?

You do 7 sets of 15 reps with 30 sec break. You adjust the weight so that you can do 15 reps each time. :) Easy.

It's perfect for calves...

Should only be used in iso exercises.

X

Xiva

Banned
Why do your knees and toes matter while squatting?

Well his point was that if i was sitting more back, i would be able to squat more kilo's..

I'll ask him, so i can give you a prober explanation.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well his point was that if i was sitting more back, i would be able to squat more kilo's..

I'll ask him, so i can give you a prober explanation.
you are right, when you sit back you can handle more weight. It is a technique that asks pratice but you will learn it. Only a matter of time. Be sure to stand pretty wide with your legs.

Sentinel

Sentinel

You do 7 sets of 15 reps with 30 sec break. You adjust the weight so that you can do 15 reps each time. :) Easy.

It's perfect for calves...

Should only be used in iso exercises.
I will do that for calves on my Deadlift Days in that case.....Thanks!

X

Xiva

Banned
you are right, when you sit back you can handle more weight. It is a technique that asks pratice but you will learn it. Only a matter of time. Be sure to stand pretty wide with your legs.

I cant stand to wide either :)

I cant do WSB guys style, there's also a different on when you lift in gear and do raw. We talked alot about stance yesteday, so that's solved :)

Sentinel

Sentinel

Sounds like a good plan champ, remember it's a finisher...
I was going to do it today at the end but I forgot. I'll definitely do them tomorrow after all my press work. I've made a note.

Regarding the whole toes over knees thing: it's a myth. The sitting back thing is also, IMHO, complete BS because when you lift raw you don't worry about sitting back or up or anything. You got to hit depth and come up. Simple. When you're training for a geared meet, all these things come into effect because geared lifting is a LOT more about equipment manipulation - and thats hard to do in raw work when all your equipment is a pair of shorts and boxers lol....

I'm glad you got the stance and stuff sorted out. I wouldn't advise you to take any particular stance because to me thats too much labeling and relative from person to person. My opinion on this is that a squat should feel comfortable. For me, spreading my legs for anything is not comfortable (no pun intended). So Wide Squats and Sumo Deadlifts are out of the question. I don't enjoy it. My hips are plenty mobile as you can tell from my OH Squats but they do not enjoy being spread out. So thats my take on this.

I looked at your squat video again and it looks fine to me. You're nitpicking about the angle of your feet, etc and thats fine. These are minor issues which can only become a problem if they limit you in the future. But it seems to me that you are forming a solid foundation right now so I wouldn't change a thing (unless you want to become a frog like me and do overhead squats and pistol squats :D)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
X

Xiva

Banned
Got volume? :omgwtf:

Volume is good!

25. December 2009

Today i trained with a good friend in a real weightlifting center, magnesium, music at max volume and you could drop the weight after DL without ANYONE saying anything. So god damn awesome!

Bill starr, week 3, training 2

Squat

10x20kg

5x50kg
5x55kg
5x60kg
5x65kg
5x70kg
5x75kg
5x80kg
- My partner was jelous at my mobility

Incline DB press

5x17,5kg
5x20kg
5x22,5kg
5x25kg
3+2 forced x 27,5kg
- Soon there!

RDL

15x60kg

8x90kg
8x90kg
8x90kg
8x90kg

Military press

10x20kg

5x30kg
5x35kg
5x40kg
5x45kg
5x45kg
5x47,5kg PR!
- My Partner was screaming, COME ON MIKE! - And i did it, fucking PR :)

Barbell bent over rows

8x60kg
8x60kg
8x60kg
8x60kg

Beach work

Barbell curls - Cheat

He told me to cheat in curls, so i did :)

5x45kg
10x40kg
10x40kg
10x40kg

Lateral raises - down the side

15x9kg
15x9kg
15x9kg
15x9kg

Standing calf raise

15x200kg
15x200kg
15x200kg
15x200kg

Bench press - Technique

5x50kg
5x50kg
5x50kg
5x50kg
- Still not good, when i have to rep :( First rep is looking good tho.

Note: Allright round. I'm really looking forward to the 29th, i'll be training there again and i'm going for 5x95 in squat, and besides we'll do alot of filming and taking pictures, so lets see if i can work something out with Sony vegas :)

Sentinel

Sentinel

Good stuff, dude. I used that FST-7 protocol on forearms yesterday :)

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was going to do it today at the end but I forgot. I'll definitely do them tomorrow after all my press work. I've made a note.

Regarding the whole toes over knees thing: it's a myth. The sitting back thing is also, IMHO, complete BS because when you lift raw you don't worry about sitting back or up or anything. You got to hit depth and come up. Simple. When you're training for a geared meet, all these things come into effect because geared lifting is a LOT more about equipment manipulation - and thats hard to do in raw work when all your equipment is a pair of shorts and boxers lol....

I'm glad you got the stance and stuff sorted out. I wouldn't advise you to take any particular stance because to me thats too much labeling and relative from person to person. My opinion on this is that a squat should feel comfortable. For me, spreading my legs for anything is not comfortable (no pun intended). So Wide Squats and Sumo Deadlifts are out of the question. I don't enjoy it. My hips are plenty mobile as you can tell from my OH Squats but they do not enjoy being spread out. So thats my take on this.

I looked at your squat video again and it looks fine to me. You're nitpicking about the angle of your feet, etc and thats fine. These are minor issues which can only become a problem if they limit you in the future. But it seems to me that you are forming a solid foundation right now so I wouldn't change a thing (unless you want to become a frog like me and do overhead squats and pistol squats :D)

This.

I'd advise the exact opposite of your friend. Your knees and hip should travel as far forward as possible. You do not learn to raw-squat properly from a powerlifter. You learn to squat form weightlifters.

Sentinel

Sentinel

This.

I'd advise the exact opposite of your friend. Your knees and hip should travel as far forward as possible. You do not learn to raw-squat properly from a powerlifter. You learn to squat form weightlifters.
I don't get it. Are you agreeing with me? I am saying the same as you, sir. I also believe your knees and hips move as far outward and forward as possible. And no, you don't learn raw squatting from a powerlifter and if your goal is not to compete why bother squatting as per federation rules? If you're a recreational strength trainee (I most definitely am) then your goal is longeivity of your joints co-related with the most strength you can gain.

X

Xiva

Banned
This.

So you think that i should aim for this position?
johndavis_squat-1.gif

So that means a closer feet stance and less hip opening?

X

Xiva

Banned
I don't get it. Are you agreeing with me? I am saying the same as you, sir. I also believe your knees and hips move as far outward and forward as possible. And no, you don't learn raw squatting from a powerlifter and if your goal is not to compete why bother squatting as per federation rules? If you're a recreational strength trainee (I most definitely am) then your goal is longeivity of your joints co-related with the most strength you can gain.

He's agreeing with you :)

X

Xiva

Banned
27. December 2009

Early training, good energy.

Bill starr, week 3 of X, training 3 - Medium

Squat

12x20kg
12x60kg

5x70kg
5x77,5kg
5x85kg
3x90kg
3x95kg

Bench press

10x50kg

8x55kg
8x57,5kg
8x55kg
2x62,5kg
2x62,5kg
2x62,5kg

CG bench press

5x55kg
5x55kg
5x55kg

Barbell bent over rows

5x45kg
5x50kg
5x55kg
5x60kg
5x65kg

1-arm DB rows

8x37,5kg
8x37,5kg
8x37,5kg
8x37,5kg
- No straps :)

Beach work

FST-7 Barbell curls

15x27,5kg
15x27,5kg
15x27,5kg
15x27,5kg
15x27,5kg
15x27,5kg
15x27,5kg -> 12x22,5kg

FST-7 Lateral raise - Down the side

15x7kg
15x7kg
15x7kg
15x6kg
15x6kg
15x6kg
15x6kg

FST-7 Standing calf raise

15x170kg
15x170kg
15x170kg
15x170kg
15x170kg
15x170kg
15x170kg

Bench press - Technique

5x50kg
5x50kg
5x50kg
3x50kg
3x50kg
3x50kg
3x50kg
3x50kg
3x50kg
3x50kg

Preventive exercises

2x Rotator manchet
- 2 Sets

Note: Nice round with good company :)

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome session xiva. u seem to be improving on a consistant basis. great stuff brother. how u feel the fst-7 thing is working for ya?

X

Xiva

Banned
awesome session xiva. u seem to be improving on a consistant basis. great stuff brother. how u feel the fst-7 thing is working for ya?

Thanks Deltboy, buddy :)

The FST-7 i fairly new for me, so far i really like, it really gives you a great muscle feeling, and because of the short breaks it makes you sweat :) I cant really say much about it yet, only been doing it for 2 times now.

And yes i'm improving :)

My deadlift and squat is really good looking by now. Bench is still my enemy and makes me cry, but i just gotta work harder!