• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Your Top 5 For the O

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
1. Dexter
2. Phil
3. Victor
4. Kai
5. Wolf
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
At a quick glance through everyone's posts so far we have three guys that are consistently ranking in people's top 3:

I'd agree that no-one can write Jay off, but has his time passed?

And what about Wolf? Aside from him squatting like a girl, can't he improve a place?
If Jay is anything close to 2006 conditioning, he has it. Doesn't matter how Dexter or Heath looks.

You may not like his physique, but he's still the favorite for the 2009 Olympia in my eyes (and probably the judges).
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
If Jay is anything close to 2006 conditioning, he has it. Doesn't matter how Dexter or Heath looks.

You may not like his physique, but he's still the favorite for the 2009 Olympia in my eyes (and probably the judges).

The Dex Classic showed that Jay was looking good. His imbalances he is able to hide when he poses so he does better than he should. Add to that a good diet and he will definitely be in the rankings.

But looking at Heath and Dex standing right next to him and they looked to have him. I can see Jay winning, can't see him lower than 4th, but I see Dex and Phil as the Top 2.
 
Joeb23

Joeb23

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2007
Messages
249
Points
16
1.) Phil Heath
2.) Dexter Jackson
3.) Kai Greene
4.) Jay Cutler
5.) Victor Martinez

Phil Heath is the modern day Flex Wheeler. Not only is he a genetic wonder, he is the chosen one. He has the look and that wow factor that everybody seems to love. The major difference today is there will be no Ronnie Coleman coming out of no where to take the title. As much as I love Kai Greene for everything he is. He is no Ronnie Coleman.
That being said Dexter being the reigning Mr. Olympia will only fall as low as second, which now opens up 3rd place which will probably end up being more controversial than the winner of the show. No matter what Jay Cutler ends up looking like, he will never be able to match Kai Greene on conditioning. With Kai's added size he is also every bit as big as the former champ. So I really do not see him being able to take out Kai. This leaves Jay in 4th, still able to hold off a not yet 100% Victor Martinez who will end up being 5th.

Obviously this is just my opinion. I do try to base my statements on the most rational or logical form of thinking. I try my best to take my own bias out of the equation. Sure I would love to say my boy Kai Greene is going to come in and smash everybody. This would not be realistic though. I think we should all try to take our own feelings of who we like and dislike out of this to attempt to formulate a more accurate reading of what may happen that day.

At the end of the day though, trying to make sense of a subjective sport like this is rather complex. :thumbsup2:
 
T

tmeireles

Member
Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
23
Points
1
1)WOLF
2)KAI
3)DEX
4)PHIL
5)VICTOR
 
The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
557
Points
18
1) Kai Greene.
2) Phil Heath.
3) Dexter Jackson.
4) Victor Martinez.
5) Jay Cutler.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
this thread again?!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Salt

Salt

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
119
Points
18
Ok it is now two weeks out and we need to start backing our metaphorical horses.

Who do you have in your Top 5?

Mine:
1) Phil
2) Dex
3) Wolf
4) Cutler
5) Victor (if he has legs)
5) Kai (if Victor doesn't have legs)

x2 Gotta agree with Tim.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
this thread again?!

As I said to sexnews: this isn't an old thread, this isn't a "dream Top 5", this isn't a "Top 10" thread. This is your predictions for this years Mr Olympia.

I also cash checks and write prescriptions.
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
What I think will happen...
1.Kai Green
2.Phil Heath
3.Dexter Jackson
4.Jay Cutler
5.Vic Martinez

What I would like to happen :D
1.Cutler
2.Phil
3.Kai
4.Vic
5.Dexter
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
1. Phil
2. Dex
3. Vic (if his legs are up to scratch)
4. Jay
5. Kai/Wolf
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
1.Phil
2.Dex
3.Jay
4.Kai/Wolf
5.Wolf/Kai

Dex won't go any lower than 2nd, and i think Phil will beat him. If Jay nails his condition he's still a beast so 3rd. 4th and 5th are Kai's and Wolf's if Victor doesn't have legs.
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
1.) Jay Cutler
2.) Phil Heath
3.) Dexter Jackson
4.) Kai Greene
5.) Victor Martinez
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
Ok it is now two weeks out and we need to start backing our metaphorical horses.

Who do you have in your Top 5?

Mine:
1) Phil
2) Dex
3) Wolf
4) Cutler
5) Victor (if he has legs)
5) Kai (if Victor doesn't have legs)


That is what i'd like to see as well, but Flex's top 5 is not bad either, you never know, if they still want Jay to win for another year...

But if it's gonna be Jay again, fine, anyway it's way better than Kai.


1.) Jay Cutler
2.) Phil Heath
3.) Dexter Jackson
4.) Kai Greene
5.) Victor Martinez


So my top 5 would be something like this:

1. Jay/Phil
2. Phil/Jay
3. Dex
4. Wolf
5. Victor (or Kai, like Tim explained above^)
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
What I think will happen...
1.Kai Green
2.Phil Heath
3.Dexter Jackson
4.Jay Cutler
5.Vic Martinez

What I would like to happen :D
1.Cutler
2.Phil
3.Kai
4.Vic
5.Dexter

be careful with placing Kai in 1st around here :spy:
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
tim it's so clear you are a hater of Kai it's almost pointless to explain ya, but I got a few minutes to waist so:
Kai ain't the most aesthetic guy, that's FOR SURE, but he brings a 5'8'' body mass at 253 lbs of weight, with legs and glutes striated EVERYWHERE, and back thickness which reminds me of Coleman:

Now that's a shot taken at 300 lbs of weight but still you cannot deny that.
If we wanna start talking about aesthetics then Dorian wasn't the most aesthetic for sure, in an era where Levrone, Wheeler and Ray came almost everytime in killing shape, but still Dorian won, except for 96/97, where he didn't deserve it considering the other contenders shape and his tears, he presented the whole package everytime, conditioned and huge.Jay wasn't the more aesthetic but in 2006 he deserved the Sandow.So I don't see you hate on Greene.

If you had time to waste you would have spent a bit more time understanding all of my points rather than just one.

Kai's faults in no particular order:
He isn't very aesthetic.
He isn't a Weider athlete.
He has a shady past in G4P that the industry wouldn't like hanging next to an O medal.
He doesn't pose well (IMO), he poses like a stripper not a BBer.
Being big is only one of the criteria for a O title.
The judges last year awarded symmetry, if this is a new trend then Kai will battle to be top 5.
This is his first O.
He hasn't faced off against Phil, Dexs and Cutler, whom most agree are the top 3.

I had more points that I've made, but I'm sure with you spare time you could go look them up. :gaysign:
 
Top