• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best & Worst Personality of an IFBB Pro

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are so many you can add on this list of worst and best. I will go from who I have met personally and based off how they interact with the public.

Best - Phil "The Gift" Heath. He is a great ambassador to the sport and he is extremely polite and curtious to fans. He even takes the time to get on the mecca and answer questions and chit chat for a bit.

Worst - My opinion out of the one's I have met are Melvin Anthony and Dexter Jackson. I have met both and they were consceded pricks that were talking trash about competitors at local shows... wtf? Dexter guest posed at my show and didn't talk to anyone in the back.

Savjav

Savjav

There are so many you can add on this list of worst and best. I will go from who I have met personally and based off how they interact with the public.

Best - Phil "The Gift" Heath. He is a great ambassador to the sport and he is extremely polite and curtious to fans. He even takes the time to get on the mecca and answer questions and chit chat for a bit.

thats exactly what i was going to say, he's a rally great guy. i would also like to add lee priest. when i met him after his surgery at a local contest he sat down a talked to me for ages and gave me free stuff all because i help him pick up his phone he dropped on the floor. :gaysign: really great guy and funny as hell.. Kai and ronnie are also a really great guys, warm and seem like they both really care about their fans.

Worst: King kamali and Gus, cant freaking stand watching them

Cutsjr

Cutsjr

Thread title is simple

who do you believe has the best and worst personality of an IFBB Pro

*might be a repost of my own thread not sure lol

ill start

Worst: Jay cutler
why: the guy talks like a robot

Best: Lee priest equal with Markus ruhl
Why: always having fun and joking around in the gym and outside

You have OBVIOUSLY never met Jay in person. He is as good as it gets, totally down to earth, and takes the time to talk with you. He doesn't just blow you off after signing an autograph like some do...Ronnie Coleman for example.

H

Hane

Best: Flex Lewis
A real friendly guy who likes a conversation with his peeps.
Worst: Branch Warren
Signature sign..NEXT!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ ive met flex lewis a few times and did a drawing for him, he is a really awesome guy. Humble and respectful.

Dennis James is Awesome in person. When i met him he would do any pose you asked him to. Someone even told him to take his pants off and he did and was posing with anybody, he was enjoying himself the whole time.

I should add Art Atwood to the list, he was an asshole when i met him. Also Naser El Sombaty, my buddy said he met him and asked him to flex in a picture with him and he got all butt hurt and told him "thats not what im here for" lol... Marius is also an arrogant prick but he aint a pro bodybuilder.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Based on personal experience, I'd say Shawn Ray is great, Nasser is an asshole.

Shawn Ray: Met him at a seminar in the 90's. Answered EVERYONE's questions (even when they asked about Dorian, lol), took time to ask me about my training, personalize his autograph, and even chatted me up on his way out of the hotel. A real fan-type guy; arrogant in competition, but out to please all his fans.

Nasser: Refused to personalize his autograph, generally didn't talk to fans, just sat at his table and stared. A kid asked him to show his bicep for a picture, and Nasser refused with some lame ass statement like "If I pose, and you take a picture, everyone wants a picture, then no one buys pictures, blah blah blah."

Btw, good thread idea.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Best: Flex Lewis
A real friendly guy who likes a conversation with his peeps.
Worst: Branch Warren
Signature sign..NEXT!

I used to workout in the same gym as Branch and JOJ. Branch is extremely friendly and always said hi. During his workout he was down to business so watch out, but before and after he was as friendly as can be. Same with JOJ, both are class acts in person.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You have OBVIOUSLY never met Jay in person. He is as good as it gets, totally down to earth, and takes the time to talk with you. He doesn't just blow you off after signing an autograph like some do...Ronnie Coleman for example.

Obviously i have, thank you very much :iorofl:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

:rofl3:

I have met him Multiple times, Once it was at a guest posing, and at the Olympia he was a bit of a robot and he looked like it was a he was having a workout by trying so hard to give a fake smile... but then i met him again outside of the ironman (wearing a MASSIVE suit) and he was cool as hell. I guess he has his good days and bad days.

G

Griffstrong

Almost every IFBBer i've met has been very cool, which has been quite a few. However, a few of the guys I haven't seen mentioned here that I think need a little work on their attitude would hands down be Toney Freeman, and Trey Brewer (not an IFBBer I know). Two guys i've met twice and on both occasions they brush fans off like they aren't even there. I personally don't like Dex's attitude either, even though i've never met him. Good thread Driddz.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So you're basing a person's personality by the tone of their voice?

And like Dilated said, pros have their good and bad days, too. I mean some people meet them while they're in precontest and they could be cranky with the diet and all.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So you're basing a person's personality by the tone of their voice?

And like Dilated said, pros have their good and bad days, too. I mean some people meet them while they're in precontest and they could be cranky with the diet and all.

not only his tone of his voice,
but i asked him afew questions and etc and he seemed to only give me a 1 - 2 word answer/reply

i thought silvio was pretty good guy, saw him last year, he took the time to say hello and have a joke

Berry

Berry

I've met Dexter in 2006 and actually he was really nice, he was here for a guest appearance he made jokes with us and even remembered our names at the end of the evening when he stopped to say us goodbye. Also met Jay in 2007 was also a nice guy he took the time for answering our questions and pictures.

MJ23

MJ23

I've met Dexter in 2006 and actually he was really nice, he was here for a guest appearance he made jokes with us and even remembered our names at the end of the evening when he stopped to say us goodbye. Also met Jay in 2007 was also a nice guy he took the time for answering our questions and pictures.

Very interesting because by just seen for a moment a Pro we can't, in my humble opinion, know exactly who's sincerelly cool or not.

So as far as I supposed by seeing them once or twice LOL:

Cool: Jay, Flex lewis, Melvin, Alves, Phil Heath, Greene

Worst: Rockel

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't met many but I met Flex Lewis and he was a very nice guy. While talking to him peter putnam walked up and my group of friends and those 2 pros just shot the shit.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I met a bunch of Pro Bodybuilders at the Arnold of 09' and I had a great experience with almost all of them.

Some of the best: Mark Alvisi, Flex Lewis, Marcus Haley, Dexter (he was actually really nice to me),

Not so great: Toney Freeman. I took it with a grain of salt though, cause he was contest dieted.

THE WORST: FRANK ZANE.

I totally looked up to this guy, he was actually one of the reasons I took up bodybuilding. It was such an inspiration to see his sort of physique get so much praise, and do so well. But I digress. I went up to his booth, that was almost completely empty, really exuberant to finally be meeting one of my greatest heroes. I walk up to him and say with my hand out for a handshake "Hi Mr. Zane, so great to finally meet you! Do you mind if I get a picture with you?" Without even looking at me in the eye, nor shaking my hand, he just passively said "Gotta buy somethin first.". I was crushed.

I completely understand meeting a pro is a two way street, and that they just like normal people are trying to make an honest dollar. But the way he handled the situation made me feel just awful. Keep in mind, im not a stingy person AT ALL. I've bought one of his books, and magazines he was featured in, so there's no doubt I would have bought something that day as well. But the way he went about his business just made me leave that day, no longer a Zane fan.

There was literally NO ONE at his booth, he could have at least taken the time to shake my hand and say Hi. If he had done that much, I probably would have bought something. What a miserly old prick.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
A co-worker of mine was a huge fan of Marcus Ruhl for years and he went to meet him this past olympia and he said Marcus was a dick. He told me he went up to marcus and said " hey marcus im a huge fan, can i get a picture with you?" and marcus simply said " im busy right now and looked away"... i couldnt beleive it.

I was thinking about how uncool some pro's are and i thought to myself " if i was a pro, i wouldnt be like that"... But then you put yourself in their situation and you feel like you're dying because your so depleted... your standing in a booth and people are asking you the exact same question 100 times a day every day your at an event for years and years... i would be tired of elaborating on answers to the questions they ask me... but i dunno.