• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

chest: db's vs bb? poll

dumbells or barbells

• barbell- i can go much heavier and i prefer it all the time or most of the time

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • dumbells for sure.. i get a way better chest contraction and squeeze

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters
PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Scoular said:
PUMBA they wouldn't have the resources or funds to test 'EVERY' athlete despite what they claim. That's all i wanted to say.
Yeah that's what I thought bro??? But they are guarenteeing it on there site and all. It's being pushed down here by Danny Chau, I even had a guy come to work to ask if i intended on competeing, I said yes but with the INBF and he said oh they don't test and then explained what the WNBF is going to do.
It would be cool though as it would be a more level playing field for all. It also says you can't have used for 7 yrs......how do they test for that, it could only be done with the polygraph.

Go to wwwwnbf.com if that dont work add .au after the com

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Line said:
And I was pointing out that they chose to ignore any measurable scientific evidence and instead believed in dogmatic theories.
Pumba said:
You do realise you have just managed to piss off every religious percson here and around the world.........don't worry you can hide at my place
It was just metaphor.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Glex said:
It was just metaphor.
Yeah seriously...I'm one of the more religious members of the board
Shrug 1

A more detailed rebuttal will come sometime tomorrow when I'm more awake and/or sober.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Yeah seriously...I'm one of the more religious members of the board

yet you used to bash me for my beliefs..

:food-snacking:

Glex

Glex

VIP
Line said:
Context, my friend. Learn it.
Quite. I've got a fair bit of faith in my own way, but I still bash your beliefs all the time :49:

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:io: PUMBA sneaks back out whilst the attention has gone somewhere else :cool:

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Well, it looks like it's a bit late after all this debate/rant but just for thread starter's interest:

I use both.
I use BB for flat bench because:
-I feel more comfortable
-I can use more weight
-I don't have heavy enough DBs in my gym.

I use DB for incline because:
-I feel more comfortable (BB inclines fuck my shoulders and i think that my tris fatigue before my chest have been properly worked, it might be a form issue but i believe i'm doing right, dunno)
-I think it's a good idea to use both (BB and DB) and i use BB for flat.
-BB incline scares me (what if the bar fall?) way more than flat, and as i train alone (no partner) i feel more confidence with DBs to throw them away in case i cannot lift them (it has never happend but who knows...)

I use DB for declines (those strange times i do them) because:
-My gym doesn't have a decline BB bench :e5dunno:

That's my non-totally-scientific, pratical oppinion.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am with DB's right now just because of my tendons. I use both most of the time. One for incline, one for flat or fly. I try to switch it up every workout, that way my workout gets done faster too because I use whats open.

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big04pimpin said:
I try to switch it up every workout, that way my workout gets done faster too because I use whats open.

That is also a very good point, I do the same as it can really suck waiting for high school kids to finish thier daily bench press comp :disgust:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PUMBA said:
That is also a very good point, I do the same as it can really suck waiting for high school kids to finish thier daily bench press comp :disgust:

:49: :49: :49: So true...

Teenagers at my gym are like that all the time. I get there and there's like 3-4 people using the same bench. They usually get in my way and it pisses me off. Im almost positive they bench every day :no:

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh my favorite ones are the kids who come in and do bis, chest, and some abs, and then flex in the mirror for a while and leave. a few of the kids at my school who also go to my gym do that. it's hilarious when they come up to me and ask me for tips, and then when i give them the advice they asked for, they go right back to doing their partial reps w/ 40 lbs BB curls. haha, in one ear, out the other.

Glex

Glex

VIP
CJU said:
oh my favorite ones are the kids who come in and do bis, chest, and some abs, and then flex in the mirror for a while and leave. a few of the kids at my school who also go to my gym do that. it's hilarious when they come up to me and ask me for tips, and then when i give them the advice they asked for, they go right back to doing their partial reps w/ 40 lbs BB curls. haha, in one ear, out the other.
Where'd they get my split??? :spy:

MetalMX

MetalMX

Ego = Barbells.

Contraction, squeeze, feeling the muscle being worked = Dumbbell's.

Plus for me using a barbell feels uncomfortable to be honest.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
LOL MetalMX, talk about waking up an old thread :D

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I prefer bb, but I believe a good mix is really the best.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Contraction and pump=dumbell
power and mass= barbell

Best option
1st a barbell movement
2nd dumbell movement
3rd a flye dumbell
4th any good plate loaded machine/dips