• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hooked on Dolphins

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
That looked awesome, I have tried something like that some years ago, and it was really hard

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the link. Will order one. Do you know if there are any that go round your waist?

Not a weight vest per say, but you could make your own sled and do sled dragging. You'd wear a weight belt and wrap it around that. Here's a link from another board:

As you all know I am a fanatic about pulling sleds. One can be built for about 40 bucks. Here’s how:

Get a piece of 1/4 inch steel plate at the scrap yard that is 21 inches by 24 inches. You will also need about a 12-15 inch piece of heavy wall 2 inch pipe.

Have your welding/machine shop either bend the 24 inch end up 3 inches to make the lip, or cut off 3 inches and weld it on at an angle to make a lip.

Have them weld the pipe smack dab in the middle of the 21 x 21 section, and then drill or punch a hole in the CENTER upper portion of the lip.

My shop did all of the above for 25 bucks.

Paint it black, and have fun!

Here is a pic of mine. It just happens to weigh right on 45 lbs which is great for the mathematically challenged.

sled1-1.jpg

Something like this is worth considering also.

P

Pain

VIP
Awesome post Ironslave. Will look into that. The guy in the video made me laugh :keke:. Looks like an awesome workout.

P

Pain

VIP
Thursday March 6

AM Cardio
2 mile walk to the gym
30 minute run
20 minute swim
2 mile walk home from the gym

Will post my pm workout later on today.

My left leg at the hip is starting to concern me now, theres a slight discomfort when running. I'm going to get it checked it.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
:eek: All that walking :ughnoes:
And then 20min of swimming :D
Thats the shit :xyxthumbs:

Have you felt anything in the hip before? I think it sounds like you are overstrain it

P

Pain

VIP
:eek: All that walking :ughnoes:
And then 20min of swimming :D
Thats the shit :xyxthumbs:

Have you felt anything in the hip before? I think it sounds like you are overstrain it

I've had problems with my left leg from a bad injury I had when I used to play ice hockey. I just hope this doesn't cause any more problems in my training.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I've had problems with my left leg from a bad injury I had when I used to play ice hockey. I just hope this doesn't cause any more problems in my training.

Oh okay. I hope the best :xyxthumbs:

P

Pain

VIP
I was looking at what I'd have to do in the PRMC (potential royal marines course) and it seems pretty attainable. The PRMC is 3 days of training to see if you are fit enough to do the 32 weeks of training.

Day 1
In the morning of the first day potential recruits will begin their assesments at 6am. Potential recruits will undertake the 'bleep test', gym test 1, the Tarzan assault coarse and weapons familiarisation.

Update 04/03/07: This has now been changed back to 1.5 miles out run as a squad followed by 1.5 mile back individual best effort. The 1.5 miles out is done in 12.5 mins followed by a best effort run back in under a total time of 23 minutes.[1]

* Gym test 1 is conducted in the afternoon of the first day. It incorporates, VO2 Max bleep test (also known as the 'bleep test' You must achieve a level 10 to remain on the course (or 11 if you scored poorly on the mechanical comp psychometric test) - maximum level is 13.

* Pressups are carried out immediately after the bleep test. A minimum of 20 pressups are needed to stay on the course, 60 for a max score, time limit: 2 mins. These are carried out with arms locked into sides and shoulder width apart. The partner puts his fist on the floor facing away and counts one repetition for every time the chest touches his fist. The instructor observe to make sure the assessment is carried out flawlessly. If you do not use correct form, you will have pressups deducted from your final score. If you put your knees onto the floor after starting your score will be recorded by how many you had at that point.

* Situps follow the pressups. Minimum 30 or 80 for maximum points. time limit is 2 mins. Carried out with partner holding feet, elbows must touch top of knees for a repetition to count.

pull-up (note: the beams used during Gym Test 1 are thick)
pull-up (note: the beams used during Gym Test 1 are thick)

* Pullups follow situps. Candidates are required to complete 3 minimum and 6 for a maximum score. Carried out with an over-grasp grip, the candidate is required to pull and hold the position until told to extend the arms (or when the next candidate has completed the "up" movement satisfactorily). The candidates chin must pass over the top of the bar to count.

After Gym test 1 there is a short swimming assessment. Participants will be asked to swim a length of breaststroke unaided after jumping off of a diving board. It's not a test but participants can not pass the 32 week course without being an able swimmer.

Day 2
The second day is a test of mental strength, physical endurance, stamina and determination. Wearing a combat jacket+trousers, rugby shirt and boots. The first assessment of the day is the deathslide and high obstacles, followed by Bottomfield, after a warm-up comprising sprints to obstacles, marking time (jogging on the spot), pyramid exercises (pressups, situps, and squat thrusts), running up a hill and back. Pyramid exercises vary, examples such as Tuck jumps, burpees, squat thrusts and star jumps. The expression "You're only as strong as your weakest man", means there are consequences for the entire squad. Examples of such, candidates not doing required repetitions on the exercises, candidates doing wrong exercises. You will now move on to a light warm-up ready for the next exercise. After the warm-up candidates are expected to complete the assault course. Various obstacles such as, walls, climbing stances and tunnels. The course is timed by the instructors. Candidates are encouraged to obtain a time under 4 minutes. Straight after the warm-up you will go into a determination run, this has replaced the very tough warm-up before the assault course. It lasts for about 45 minutes and aims to see how determind your mind is. This is arguably the toughest part of the course.

After a gruelling morning, candidates take part in their fourth and final assessment, known as gym test 2. Arriving in the gym greeted by gymnastics apparatus, candidates are encouraged to give this assessment 110% as it is the final one, also to gain additional points towards a pass if a candidate is struggling. Gym stances include team and individual events with 3 minutes per event, of which there are 5. Examples of such events, ammunition boxes with varying weight, must be taken by 2 men over and under beams set up. Another example, a heavy board on the floor with ropes attached, putting a bean bag into the box when a team completes pulling the box to their position. The final part of gym test 2 is sprints which vary in intensity depending on the instructor.

Day 3
Cleaning accommodation and returning equipment and clothing to the storeroom. You will also be told whether or not you have been successful on the course

Once a candidate has successfully passed the PRMC, he will be issued with a pair of boots and socks. They will then be entitled to join a recruit troop for Royal Marines recruit training. A "PRMC pass" certificate is also given.

The PRMC often changes and as of now activities are carried out in a different order than shown.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Sounds hard :ughnoes:

P

Pain

VIP
My dad did alot of what I'll be doing in the RM's. He got through it all ok. I have some pics of him training and looking like he is about to pass out. :keke:

Todight I'll be doing legs. I haven't trained legs hard in a long time. I had some ligament damage in my left knee and couldn't train my legs for a while.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
P

Pain

VIP
My goal by the end of june is to be able to do 500 BW squats in under 10 minutes, 100 push ups in under 5 minutes and 200 situps in under 5 minutes.

I just hope my leg doesn't give me any more discormfort. Right now its alot better than it used to be a few months ago but I can still feel it now and then.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those two days don't look too bad at all Rob.

If you used to play hockey, do you still have your old gear? It might sound silly, but you could wear work boots on your feet, and also wear your shinpads, hockey pants, and shoulder pads. Then you could go in your back yard, and do a circuit of burpees, lunge jumps, star jumps, jumping jacks, etc.

P

Pain

VIP
Those two days don't look too bad at all Rob.

If you used to play hockey, do you still have your old gear? It might sound silly, but you could wear work boots on your feet, and also wear your shinpads, hockey pants, and shoulder pads. Then you could go in your back yard, and do a circuit of burpees, lunge jumps, star jumps, jumping jacks, etc.

Don't have my hockey gear anymore. The weighted vest will do a better job then wearing full hockey gear anyway imo.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't have my hockey gear anymore. The weighted vest will do a better job then wearing full hockey gear anyway imo.

Agreed, was just thinking of a cheap alternative.

P

Pain

VIP
First leg workout in 2 months since my knee is now ok to train. I still did alot BW squats and lunges while I was taking time off from training legs at the gym.

Thursday March 6

2 mile walk to the gym

5 minute stretch

legs

Leg extensions
30 x 20kg
20 x 40kg
20 x 50kg
15 x 30kg (one leg at a time)

Leg curls
10 x 20kg
15 x 20kg
10 x 30kg

Hack Squats
50kg x 8
60kg x 8
70kg x 6
50kg x 8

Stiff Leg deadlifts
60kg x 12
80kg x 6
60kg x 10

Stairmaster
level 10 for 10 minutes

10 minute stretch

2 mile walk home

Felt good training legs again.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
:xyxthumbs: Good session Pain, nice Stiff Leg deadlifts

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good leg session Pain :2:
The pain the next few days will be worth it. Keep up the good work, obviously take care of the knee and don't go too fast.

P

Pain

VIP
Good leg session Pain :2:
The pain the next few days will be worth it. Keep up the good work, obviously take care of the knee and don't go too fast.

Thanks Braaq. :xyxthumbs: I'm just trying to get my legs working again so I can focus hard on my running.