• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hooked on Dolphins

P

Pain

VIP
Nice leg work Pain:2:

Thanks bro. :2: I'm just glad to be able to work my legs again. A training routine just doesn't feel right without a leg day.

Next week I'm going to start doing squats again. My gym just got a power rack. For the 2 years that I've been going to this gym the only way to do squats was with the smith... :weaksuace:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to se you workin the old wheels pain! now that u have a power rack u can really kill them legs with some good squats!! Pics?

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks bro. :2: I'm just glad to be able to work my legs again. A training routine just doesn't feel right without a leg day.

Next week I'm going to start doing squats again. My gym just got a power rack. For the 2 years that I've been going to this gym the only way to do squats was with the smith... :weaksuace:

You know,i didnt do legs in a last couple of weeks and i felt so stupid..
Good to hear that you can squat now on..:)

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
nice goal pain look forward to coming in and checking your progress. 500 squats in 5 minutes is no mean feat! maybe 100 in a minute... best of luck with everything young emporer

P

Pain

VIP
Just got back from a 1.5 mile run. I ran outside today and the weather was horrible for running. Winds upto 70mph , it was hard enough running up an incline. Oh well. :) Glex was kind enough to help me out with my running and outline some goals for me to work towards. Thanks Glex. :xyxthumbs:

My left knee didn't give me any problems at all during the run, if this was 2 months ago it would've started hurting after 10 minutes. Glad its all healed up now. Still had some slight discomfort in my hip, which is worring me.

I ran past a news crew while they were filming some weird stuff. They had a skeleton set up in the middle of the road and a sign saying "bumpy Road" or something like that. I'm going to check my local news tonight and see if they filmed me running by. :ughfingers:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just got back from a 1.5 mile run. I ran outside today and the weather was horrible for running. Winds upto 70mph , it was hard enough running up an incline. Oh well. :) Glex was kind enough to help me out with my running and outline some goals for me to work towards. Thanks Glex. :xyxthumbs:

My left knee didn't give me any problems at all during the run, if this was 2 months ago it would've started hurting after 10 minutes. Glad its all healed up now. Still had some slight discomfort in my hip, which is worring me.

I ran past a news crew while they were filming some weird stuff. They had a skeleton set up in the middle of the road and a sign saying "bumpy Road" or something like that. I'm going to check my local news tonight and see if they filmed me running by. :ughfingers:

Glad to hear that ur knee is healthy again...get that hip checked out before it causes any further discomfort....Pain on the news?:ughnoes:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to see your log started up again. Glad the legs seem to be better for you to train them. Good luck with the goals. Hope you keep the log up.

P

Pain

VIP
My gym has 4 x 40" tvs on the wall, they usually have on sport stations or music stations on. Some Robbie Williams video just finished playing on my 3rd set of military presses, next video to come on was.... yup you guessed it. :tear:

March 7

AM:

5 minute stretch
2.4km run outside
5 minute stretch

PM:
Run,Delts,Abs and rick roll

cardio
2 mile walk
5 minutes of stretching
4.5km run on the tred

Delts

Front raises
10kg x 30
20kg plate x 15

side db raises super setted with front db raises
10kg x 15 / 10kg x 15
12kg x 10 / 10kg x 15
12kg x 8 / 12kg x 10

machine military press superset
40kg x 10 / 30kg x 5
50kg x 7 / 30kg x 5
70kg x 4 / 30kg x 5 (Rick Rolled on second rep of the 70kg x 4 :tear:)

Rear Delt Raises

10kg x 15
10kg x 15
10kg x 15

Abs

decline sit-ups
50 reps
40 reps
30 reps

kneees to chest
20 reps
20 reps
15 reps

5 minute stretch

2 mile walk

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Good session Pain, Strong presses :xyxthumbs:
How do you get Rick Rolled doing military presses?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very good session!Rick Rolled?:49:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
"Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up" music video was playing on the tv. :hsughr:

The machine makes the weights lighter. 70kg on the machine isn't the same as doing 70kg with a bb. Its much much easier.

Yeah I know what a rick roll is, just wondered how
:xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome man, Royal marines are hardcore!
you sure do look like a commando in those pics!
thats some good weight with those shoulder presses!!!
hope to see some more man!

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Damnit, this log grew like bamboo.

The training sounds intense. I'm with you and Ironslave on running with the vest on; I wouldn't. There's a special type of running, more like a shuffle, you do with a pack on so you don't put undue stress anywhere. That would be fine to practice with extra weight, but you'd have to learn how to hump it right. I don't know if there's much to learn about the technique, but I'm certainly not an expert on it if there's any expertise to be had. My friend who went special forces said marches with your packs on get easier after a while; he had to do 100 miles over the course of 3 days or something ridiculous. He said it sucks but that it's not as bad as it sounds.

To get ready for the long distance running, I'd try something simple to start out:

Day 1 - 25 minutes, hard but don't kill yourself
Day 2 - 35 minutes, take it easy

Rest a day if you think you need it, otherwise:

Day 3 - 20 minutes, hard
Day 4 - 40 minutes, take it easy

Rest - One or two days

See how your leg is holding up on the longer runs; if it starts hurting don't chance anything and stop. Oh, if your shoes are old that could definitely contribute to leg pain. I've had pains in my hips and knees that went away after I got a new pair of shoes. Obviously it's different with your injuries and you'll probably feel them every now and then anyway, but new shoes will definitely help. You don't want to run on broken down shoes you've been walking in for the past year...I've done it numerous times and I always hate myself for it later :49:

I would definitely recommend getting a pair of shoes strictly for running that you don't wear for anything else. That's pretty common knowledge, but just wanted to make sure you knew. Some runners even get two pairs of shoes and rotate them from day to day to give the shoes time to recover :49: I don't know if that's entirely necessary, it's probably just a gimmick to sell more shoes. Maybe they last like 5% longer or something.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great session bro :2: I don't think I would last.. my endurance sucks. Keep up the hard work. I really hope you make it all the way through the training and make your goal of becoming a royal marine. You would then win the MM biggest bad ass award :spy:
Keep up the good work, hope the knee holds up. Are you icing or heating it at all?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Credit for bookending your sessions with all that cardio! Even with the imboogerance of being Rick Rolled.

P

Pain

VIP
Damnit, this log grew like bamboo.

The training sounds intense. I'm with you and Ironslave on running with the vest on; I wouldn't. There's a special type of running, more like a shuffle, you do with a pack on so you don't put undue stress anywhere. That would be fine to practice with extra weight, but you'd have to learn how to hump it right. I don't know if there's much to learn about the technique, but I'm certainly not an expert on it if there's any expertise to be had. My friend who went special forces said marches with your packs on get easier after a while; he had to do 100 miles over the course of 3 days or something ridiculous. He said it sucks but that it's not as bad as it sounds.

To get ready for the long distance running, I'd try something simple to start out:

Day 1 - 25 minutes, hard but don't kill yourself
Day 2 - 35 minutes, take it easy

Rest a day if you think you need it, otherwise:

Day 3 - 20 minutes, hard
Day 4 - 40 minutes, take it easy

Rest - One or two days

See how your leg is holding up on the longer runs; if it starts hurting don't chance anything and stop. Oh, if your shoes are old that could definitely contribute to leg pain. I've had pains in my hips and knees that went away after I got a new pair of shoes. Obviously it's different with your injuries and you'll probably feel them every now and then anyway, but new shoes will definitely help. You don't want to run on broken down shoes you've been walking in for the past year...I've done it numerous times and I always hate myself for it later :49:

I would definitely recommend getting a pair of shoes strictly for running that you don't wear for anything else. That's pretty common knowledge, but just wanted to make sure you knew. Some runners even get two pairs of shoes and rotate them from day to day to give the shoes time to recover :49: I don't know if that's entirely necessary, it's probably just a gimmick to sell more shoes. Maybe they last like 5% longer or something.

Thansk for the routine. I'll start it tomorrow. I'm going to buy a pair of running shoes tomorrow.

I'll post up my AM and PM workouts later tonight.

Braaq - Thanks Bro. My edurance used to really suck this time a year ago. Now I'm happy with the progress I've been making in these past few months. I haven't iced my knee but I guess that would be the smartest thing to do now and then. I'll going for physio soon to figure out whats wrong with my left leg.

Rocky - lol Rocky Thanks. I think I was the only one in the gym that knew what Rick Roll was.

I just bought an oldschool pair of Army DMS boots to bull. My dad has been teaching me how to bull and shine boots for a parade. Its a hell of alot of work bulling boots. Hours upon hours upon hours just sitting there shining up boots.

I'd like to get a shine like this.

156ag07-1.jpg