• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay vs Ronnie (2006 Olympia-Basic Poses)

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
...Jay will have to overcondition ronnie today to make the judges vote him. I think that if there isn't a clear no-doubt domination of jay over ronnie today coleman will go with the sandow.

I think that ron has lost the back poses this year and has worse simmetry but he still have that freak look.

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To be totally honest I think they are both at there all-time worst, which says how far ahead of the competition they have been in the past. If this was the first Olympia for all of these guys, we would not be talking about Jay or Ronnie IMHO.

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Victor gets my vote in this pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
ruel

ruel

i go with ronnie! insane condition!

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
skywalker said:
this is the worst ronnie has ever looked, his back is finished, the only poses he actually looks decent in is front-double, side-chest and most-muscular, even then his aesthetics are all but gone...

this is the best jay has ever looked, looks awesome in every pose and dominates the back shots

u can't win a show on hams/glutes only, ronnie doesn't deserve to beat the record looking like that, haney was at his all-time best when he beat it...
agreed 100%

A

allheart

If your going to be able to knock down the champ then you must be able to present a noticable stronger physique. With that said, did Jay present this? My opinion is NO, BUT did Jay out shine Ronnie is poses we thought might not be possible...YES. Jay's hammie glute tie in's looked phemominal. His back was dry and looked to me his best everv. Ronnie I was surprised didn't look as dominating from the back as he did in the past. With all that said yes Jay made great improvements BUT Ronnie's shear size dryness from the front makes him IMO the winner of the Mr.O. I think Jay is damn close but not dominate enough to knock an 8 time Mr. O off his thrown!!!!!

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These dude are off the chain man, im blown away, Their size shape and condition is amazing. They both look incredible, ronnie appreas harder in som pla es, but jays got more definiton in other. For the record ronnie ;looks like a new person he has brought hs abs up SO much this year its crazy.everytime i look at him im like something loooks weird about him, he almost looks photoshopped to me bc hes is such redicilous shape

Mango

Mango

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in specific poses jay and ronnie has each of their own bests, however in the "overall" category in my opinion i blieve jay has him this year, sorry ronnie is great but i dont thinnk he has it this year

too bad i gotta work tonight

someone try (tech) and get the webcast or something i wont be here and dont have any $ in my account to pay for an on demand thing ,,lol

w/e

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm going to be completely honest and fair as possible here:

Front relaxed: Ronnie is more vascular and has the size advantage, but Jay's legs blow his away in terms of detail. Also, Jay actually looks like he's hitting a vaccuum!

Winner: Tie

Front double bicep: Ronnie's arms look better, but his midsection looks very bad here. Jay's lats are wider and his legs blow Ronnie's away in terms of detail.

Winner: Jay

Front lat spread: Delts and arms look to be about the same. Ronnie has a thicker chest. However, Jay's midsection, lats, and legs are once again much better.

Side chest: Leg size is close, and Jay has more shoulder-tricep separation. Ronnie looks more vascular and has a thicker chest.

Winner: Ronnie

Back double bicep: Ronnie has better biceps, a better lower back, and bigger glutes. Jay's and Ronnie's glutes and hamstrings have about the same detail. Ronnie's lats are uneven, and Jay's are wider. Ronnie's back looks very watery compared to Jay's, and Jay has better delts and calves.

Rear lat spread: I don't know what happened to Ronnie here. Ronnie wins in the lower back, while glutes and hams look about even. Jay wins in delts, back width, and back detail.

Side tricep: Leg size is about the same, but Ronnie has SLIGHTLY more leg separation. Jay has better calves, intercostals, and shoulder-tricep separation. Jay's triceps are clearly better. Btw, I love how Ronnie looks depressed and Jay is smiling in this pose.

Ab and thigh: Do I even have to explain this? Ronnie's lats are uneven. Jay's midsection is MUCH tighter and his leg detail blows Ronnie away. Ronnie has slightly more leg size, however.

Most muscular: Ronnie is more vascular than Jay. Jay has better traps and slightly better delts, while Ronnie's arms look better. Ronnie's chest is thicker, while Jay's legs once again beat out Ronnie's.

Winner: Ronnie (only because of overall size)

Final scores:

Ronnie- 2
Jay- 6
Tie- 1

Jay definitely gets my vote this year.

P.S. Victor looks great in that back shot!

R

ronjr28

Coleman vs. Cutler

Ronnie's front relaxed is actually one of his best this year. He's displaying his consistent size and tremendous amount of vascularity. He's not as sharp as in year's past but he's pretty close. Jay isn't looking as sharp as he's been in this pose either. Not alot of vascularity but lats are looking massive and legs have that great separation as they always do. I have to give this pose to Coleman hands down, i find it hard to argue any differently.

If you look at the front double bi pose with an unbiased eye, you can see that Coleman's front double bi's pose can't be messed with by too many people. The vascularity and sharpness in his arms are second to none. The man has been truly blessed with some peaks. Jay's no slouch but unless you are totally blind on this pose, genetics don't lie. Coleman hands down in the front double bi.

The front lat spread is one of the poses where they are pretty close overall. Jay's lats are definitely wider but in my opinion, Cutler is holding a little more water than Coleman in this pose. Overall, I would call it a draw for this pose.

With the side chest, neither one of these freaks is looking their best but again with the conditioning and size of the chest to accompany the seperation of the hams, how can you deny Coleman with this pose. Dont get me wrong, Jay is good but can you honestly say he's looking better than the champ. Jay's just holding too much water in his arms and his chest is a little too shallow to mess with the champ in this pose.

The rear double bi pose is where i would have to give the edge to Cutler. Ronnie doesnt look nearly as sharp as he has been and Cutler has brought enough in the striations in the hams, detail in the back to beat Coleman in this pose. For whatever reason, I'm not one to speculate, Coleman looks a little off balance from left to right. Cutler has the wider lats, better detail, and striations to win this pose, period.

With the rear lat spread, Cutler edges Coleman, due to a little bit more width and overall conditioning from the back. Not to say Cutler is looking his best but Coleman is not looking 100% in this pose, his size is there but i just dont see the overall detail and conditioning, especially in the lower back region. Cutler gets the nod in this pose.

The side triceps pose would have to be called a draw. Neither guy jumps out as being ahead of the other in this particular pose. The only thing that jumps out at me is that Coleman's vascularity is superior to Cutler's from the front in the chest and arms. If i had to go with one, Coleman would get the nod due to the previous mentioned factor.

With the abs & thigh pose, this is where i'm confused with alot of people. Let's not get it twisted, Cutler has some of the best wheels in the business. I understand Cutler got the "Best Legs" award or whatever but let's look at the legs from the front. The only aspect that Cutler beats Coleman on would maybe be the seperation in the quads department, because he does have deeper seperation than Coleman. Coleman's quads are noticeably bigger, more vascualr, and if you want to talk thigh sweep, give me a break. Coleman gets the nod in this pose.

We are reminded of the freak Coleman is when we look at the most muscular. Cutler isnt too shabby but there is no way you can give him the nod in this pose. Coleman is bringing too much overall size, vascularity, and conditioning in this pose to give Jay to nod. Ronnie Coleman wins this pose.

If it was a contest between just Jay and Ronnie, I dont believe Jay brought enough to beat Ronnie this year but it is definitely close. Ronnie usually shines from the back but Jay has him this year from most of the poses from the rear. That being said, Ronnie wins from the front hands down in my opinion. If Jay's conditioning or water depletion would have been a little bit better, I would say we are going to have a new champ but who knows. Honestly I dont know if Ronnie were to lose this year, that it should go to Jay. I know everybody wants Cutler to win (seems like it) but if you look at all of the pics with an unbiased eye, excluding Coleman, do you honestly think Jay Cutler has the best body on stage?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
from what i see, Ronnie looks like his condition is better in the upper body at least, Jay looks a tab too smooth...maybe he'll nail it for the finals?

T

trulyhuge

Arcane1129 said:
I'm going to be completely honest and fair as possible here:

Front relaxed: Ronnie is more vascular and has the size advantage, but Jay's legs blow his away in terms of detail. Also, Jay actually looks like he's hitting a vaccuum!

Winner: Tie

Front double bicep: Ronnie's arms look better, but his midsection looks very bad here. Jay's lats are wider and his legs blow Ronnie's away in terms of detail.

Front lat spread: Delts and arms look to be about the same. Ronnie has a thicker chest. However, Jay's midsection, lats, and legs are once again much better.

Side chest: Leg size is close, and Jay has more shoulder-tricep separation. Ronnie looks more vascular and has a thicker chest.

Winner: Ronnie

Back double bicep: Ronnie has better biceps, a better lower back, and bigger glutes. Jay's and Ronnie's glutes and hamstrings have about the same detail. Ronnie's lats are uneven, and Jay's are wider. Ronnie's back looks very watery compared to Jay's, and Jay has better delts and calves.

Rear lat spread: I don't know what happened to Ronnie here. Ronnie wins in the lower back, while glutes and hams look about even. Jay wins in delts, back width, and back detail.

Side tricep: Leg size is about the same, but Ronnie has SLIGHTLY more leg separation. Jay has better calves, intercostals, and shoulder-tricep separation. Jay's triceps are clearly better. Btw, I love how Ronnie looks depressed and Jay is smiling in this pose.

Ab and thigh: Do I even have to explain this? Ronnie's lats are uneven. Jay's midsection is MUCH tighter and his leg detail blows Ronnie away. Ronnie has slightly more leg size, however.

Most muscular: Ronnie is more vascular than Jay. Jay has better traps and slightly better delts, while Ronnie's arms look better. Ronnie's chest is thicker, while Jay's legs once again beat out Ronnie's.

Winner: Ronnie (only because of overall size)

Final scores:

Ronnie- 2
Jay- 6
Tie- 1

Jay definitely gets my vote this year.

P.S. Victor looks great in that back shot!
Jesus Christ dude, I sure can't tell you're a Cutler fan!:mbgreddy:
I could do that system w/ Ronnie but give Jay no points, it's not that hard. You want my honest opinion and I am not a bigger fan of one or the other. I think Ronnie is Mr. O again, followed By Victor and Jay and Dexter are battling for 3rd. How's that for non-biased honesty!:e5dunno:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ronjr28 said:
Ronnie's front relaxed is actually one of his best this year. He's displaying his consistent size and tremendous amount of vascularity. He's not as sharp as in year's past but he's pretty close. Jay isn't looking as sharp as he's been in this pose either. Not alot of vascularity but lats are looking massive and legs have that great separation as they always do. I have to give this pose to Coleman hands down, i find it hard to argue any differently.

If you look at the front double bi pose with an unbiased eye, you can see that Coleman's front double bi's pose can't be messed with by too many people. The vascularity and sharpness in his arms are second to none. The man has been truly blessed with some peaks. Jay's no slouch but unless you are totally blind on this pose, genetics don't lie. Coleman hands down in the front double bi.

Ok, sure... don't bother mentioning midsection or legs.

The front lat spread is one of the poses where they are pretty close overall. Jay's lats are definitely wider but in my opinion, Cutler is holding a little more water than Coleman in this pose. Overall, I would call it a draw for this pose.

Once again, midsection and legs are pretty major.

With the side chest, neither one of these freaks is looking their best but again with the conditioning and size of the chest to accompany the seperation of the hams, how can you deny Coleman with this pose. Dont get me wrong, Jay is good but can you honestly say he's looking better than the champ. Jay's just holding too much water in his arms and his chest is a little too shallow to mess with the champ in this pose.

Agreed.

The rear double bi pose is where i would have to give the edge to Cutler. Ronnie doesnt look nearly as sharp as he has been and Cutler has brought enough in the striations in the hams, detail in the back to beat Coleman in this pose. For whatever reason, I'm not one to speculate, Coleman looks a little off balance from left to right. Cutler has the wider lats, better detail, and striations to win this pose, period.

Agreed.

With the rear lat spread, Cutler edges Coleman, due to a little bit more width and overall conditioning from the back. Not to say Cutler is looking his best but Coleman is not looking 100% in this pose, his size is there but i just dont see the overall detail and conditioning, especially in the lower back region. Cutler gets the nod in this pose.

Agreed.

The side triceps pose would have to be called a draw. Neither guy jumps out as being ahead of the other in this particular pose. The only thing that jumps out at me is that Coleman's vascularity is superior to Cutler's from the front in the chest and arms. If i had to go with one, Coleman would get the nod due to the previous mentioned factor.

No way.

With the abs & thigh pose, this is where i'm confused with alot of people. Let's not get it twisted, Cutler has some of the best wheels in the business. I understand Cutler got the "Best Legs" award or whatever but let's look at the legs from the front. The only aspect that Cutler beats Coleman on would maybe be the seperation in the quads department, because he does have deeper seperation than Coleman. Coleman's quads are noticeably bigger, more vascualr, and if you want to talk thigh sweep, give me a break. Coleman gets the nod in this pose.

Not even a chance. Cutler blows Ronnie into the next dimension here.

We are reminded of the freak Coleman is when we look at the most muscular. Cutler isnt too shabby but there is no way you can give him the nod in this pose. Coleman is bringing too much overall size, vascularity, and conditioning in this pose to give Jay to nod. Ronnie Coleman wins this pose.

Agreed.

If it was a contest between just Jay and Ronnie, I dont believe Jay brought enough to beat Ronnie this year but it is definitely close. Ronnie usually shines from the back but Jay has him this year from most of the poses from the rear. That being said, Ronnie wins from the front hands down in my opinion. If Jay's conditioning or water depletion would have been a little bit better, I would say we are going to have a new champ but who knows. Honestly I dont know if Ronnie were to lose this year, that it should go to Jay. I know everybody wants Cutler to win (seems like it) but if you look at all of the pics with an unbiased eye, excluding Coleman, do you honestly think Jay Cutler has the best body on stage?

I agree that Ronnie was overall more vascular, but Jay definitely has Ronnie's number this year imo.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome pics for a start and I am surprised at just how much Jay's rear lat spread is better than Ronnie's - very surprised. But Ronnie still has overall better condition on the day judging by these pics.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
trulyhuge said:
Jesus Christ dude, I sure can't tell you're a Cutler fan!:mbgreddy:
I could do that system w/ Ronnie but give Jay no points, it's not that hard. You want my honest opinion and I am not a bigger fan of one or the other. I think Ronnie is Mr. O again, followed By Victor and Jay and Dexter are battling for 3rd. How's that for non-biased honesty!:e5dunno:

How about you suck? :mbgreddy:

I proved why I think Cutler is better, while you shoot your mouth off.

/trulyhuge failure

B

big_duuude

It's a tough one to call this year as there are so many top competitors vying for the top 10 this year.

I looked at the pictures from different photographers and you can get a different opinion on the same shot.
Without knowing which photgrapher's angle is closest to the judges it's impossible to call.

That said I don't really see any reason why Jay will walk away with the Sandow over Ronnie.
I won't be surprised to see Dexter shaving Jay.
One big advantage Jay has is no gut down to him never really going off season all year.
But Ronnie doesn't really have a gut atall this year neither does Ruhl !
DJ being the only top10 finisher who still has a bit of a bulge.

But hey guys, as they said on Thunderbirds TV show "anything can happen in the next 24 hours".

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
I'll even be a nice guy and give Jay rear lat spread but it doesn't matter; Ronnie has this year won pretty much hands down.

yeah me too... i dont think Ronnie is spreading his back fully though.. that back lat spread looks kinda odd for Ronnie.. but hands down.. hes obviously the clear cut winner..

J

jay

The biggest dissapointment to me is Gustavo. After all of the shit he talked all year about how he was gonna win the Olympia and that Ronnie and Jay better watch out for makes me laugh. The past couple of contests that he did he looked like shit and got some gifts but from what I can see tonight that will not be happening. I feel that he hit his stride and now is burnt out from doing contest after contest. Same goes for branch I was expecting more from him but I feel that he is in the same boat as gustavo They are just both burnt. Same could be said for alot of competitors.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PUMBA said:
To be totally honest I think they are both at there all-time worst, which says how far ahead of the competition they have been in the past. If this was the first Olympia for all of these guys, we would not be talking about Jay or Ronnie IMHO.

Glad I'm not the only one who's thought this.

EDIT: Though I wouldn't say their all time worse but in comparison to the other athletes Jay and Ron and off. Right now, I think Vic has the best package on stage.

zdub311

zdub311

what is all this talk about ronnie being so much more vascular...guys vascularity is genetics, jay has never been very vascular and if this were a vascularity contest where is branch??