• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ronnie 2003 vs Jay 2006

Who brought a better combination of size and conditioning?

• Ronnie Coleman '03 (5'11", 287 lbs.)

Votes: 106 82.2%
  • Jay Cutler '06 (5'9", roughly 280 lbs.)

Votes: 23 17.8%

• Total voters
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I WANT arguments, I see in that pics that Jay's hams are pretty much detailed than Ron's... IT'S TRUE.

BigBen said:
U have a biased view

I don't believe you are the best guy to say that, my friend. :D

S

Scoular

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jays legs are really conditioned but he appears a bit smooth upper body.

I prefer Ron's physique.

IMO of course.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mvsf1 said:
I WANT arguments, I see in that pics that Jay's hams are pretty much detailed than Ron's... IT'S TRUE.

Drugs are bad mmmmmmmmkay.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mvsf1 said:

I don't believe you are the best guy to say that, my friend. :D

NO ITS NOT! :eek4:

Were probably about the most biased 2 people on the board and against eachother, U WANT WAR! :spy:

JK man:D

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mvsf1 said:
I will not reply to this kind of useful comments.

The pictures speak for themselves. Pick the wedgie out of your ass and grow a sense of humor. Ronnie not only had bigger hamstrings but he also had better defined/sharper hamstrings than Jay. Just because Jay won this year doesn't mean he automatically beats Ron at every competition in every pose. No one's argueing with you because there shouldn't even be an agruement.

Z

Zaytser

To say that Jay's back is better than Ronnies of 2003 is ludicrous. Ronnies was not only bigger at that time than Jays in present time, it was way more detaied. When Jay does a back double bicep pose there is no Christmas tree at all. I only see detail in the middle of his back and towards the upper part, traps and tie ins at the rear delts and tricep area. Also Ronnies 2003 back was freaky big and full, but not as shredded as 1998-2001. Jays back of today is not even close to Ronnies back of 1998-2001. I have posted a 2003 back shot of Ronnie and a 2006 shot of Jay. And then a 1998shot of Ronnie. Overall the 1998 back was the best. They are below this post. There are plenty of videos showing just how far ahead of his time, Ronnie was in the back department. But I think years of heavy training and poor form have taken its toll.

The only reason why Jay beats Ronnies back shot now, is because of the nagging injuries that are plagueing Ronnie from training properly, and being able to pose properly. If Ronnie can treat these injuries, or as his sister said, "Aces and Pains," he could bring that granite back, back into form. But he is going to have to train smarter not heavier.

Z

Zaytser

So here are the comprisons. Ronnie 2003 back double bi and Jay 2006 back bouble bi.

Then a shot of Ronnie in 1998. I think it beats the other two. Especially Jay. Just giving my two cents.

Attachments

• 6xo3.jpg
    6xo3.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 82
  • RH9K3254.jpg
    RH9K3254.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 82
  • pic_olympiaback.jpg
    pic_olympiaback.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 106
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay's pic is from 2005 or 2006??? I believe 2005...

THis one is from 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Mango

Mango

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I personally do not believe ronnie has any "flow" at all except for in a back shot. And then you get down to his calves and its BAM all over, they suck no offense to him.

I find colemans physique to be amazing every year. However his body does not neccessarily suggest ideal "bodybuilder image" to me.. theres just too much in some places and too little in others.

Granted you may disagree but Id have to go with jay, and thats part of the reason im a cutler fan

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Z

Zaytser

mvsf1 I got that pic of Jay from graphic muscle cause the lightingwas better than the flexonline pics.

Z

Zaytser

Mango said:
Well I personally do not believe ronnie has any "flow" at all except for in a back shot. And then you get down to his calves and its BAM all over, they suck no offense to him.

I find colemans physique to be amazing every year. However his body does not neccessarily suggest ideal "bodybuilder image" to me.. theres just too much in some places and too little in others.

Granted you may disagree but Id have to go with jay, and thats part of the reason im a cutler fan

That is your preference and has nothing to do with how judges score a physique. But I will admit you do make valid points.

Steve56

Steve56

Ronnie 2003 Hands down, no contest...not even close.....but Jay was at his all time best in 2006

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Zaytser said:
mvsf1 I got that pic of Jay from graphic muscle cause the lightingwas better than the flexonline pics.

Yeah, mate, sorry but I believe it was from 2005. My fault.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like Ronnie's physique more than i do Jay's, but its obvious Ronnie's 2003 blows Jay's 2006 out of the water. Quads look twice as big, bigger/more defined arms, wider back, much thicker chest. Congrats to Jay for this year, but it took Jay's best to beat Ronnie at his worst.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave said:
I like Ronnie's physique more than i do Jay's, but its obvious Ronnie's 2003 blows Jay's 2006 out of the water. Quads look twice as big, bigger/more defined arms, wider back, much thicker chest. Congrats to Jay for this year, but it took Jay's best to beat Ronnie at his worst.

YES welcome to team coleman iron slave :D

:2:

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm sorry but this isn't even close. The 2003 version of Ronnie probably the best combination of size, condition, and shape we've ever seen. Jay in 2006 looked great and it was a personal best for him but the '03 Ron is arguably the best we've seen from anyone.

Just watch his prejudging video from 2003...pictures don't do him justice.

I fully agree!