• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mike Mentzer's dangerous lung disease

• Thread starter MuscleMecca Crew
  • Start date
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Mike Mentzer, one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time, was never one to give up. Mentzer never stopped, even after suffering a catastrophic shoulder injury that may have destroyed his career before it began. Not only that, but when the bodybuilder was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition, he maintained his battle. During his most recent interview, Mentzer discussed his sickness and how he overcame it.

Due to complex cardiac conditions, the bodybuilding industry lost the famous Mike Mentzer in 2001. Despite the fact that Mentzer had never won a Mr. Olympia title, he was regarded as the bodybuilder with the greatest physique.

Mentzer had a lengthy interview with The Sandwich of Iron Magazine only a few weeks before his death. The famed bodybuilder discusses his and Ray Berger's condition in this Q&A. "For those who are wondering why Mike Mentzer has blood clots in his lungs, it was discovered a while back while my brother, Ray, was undergoing surgery for clots in his arms at the locations where they link up the dialysis machine," Mentzer explained.

The disease's consequences were severe and potentially fatal. Mentzer, despite having a rare lung illness, continued to live his life to the utmost. "It's intriguing," he remarked. It concerned me on one level. Of course, no one desires such a disease, but it never bothered me." Mentzer was not one to mope around, but rather to combat the sickness. "I don't spend my days gnawing my nails and wringing my hands." "I'm taking everything in stride, trusting the physicians, and am fairly positive," the bodybuilder continued.

Mentzer never had a brilliant moment in his career, but he was recognized for his many scandals, including a confrontation with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Mike Mentzer

Reactions: KaiGold
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't know anything about Mike Mentzor having a lung problems.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!