• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MuscleMecca: In your opinion what makes a good training partner

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pickle wins.

I dont get it though, when i started getting shoulder pain, i had to stop doing smith exercises because i couldnt adjust my positioning. I dont see how smith is BETTER for your shoulder pain when it forces you to move in a certain way as opposed to moving the way your body wants to move. The last time i used the smith was to do bent over rows because all the freeweights were being used at the time and it was fucken shit compared to free weight.

Please read both Pickle's and my posts again slowly. You will see that all three of us are saying that the smith machine sucks. :borat:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Please read both Pickle's and my posts again slowly. You will see that all three of us are saying that the smith machine sucks. :borat:

Yeah i got that. Im just saying i see how some people gravitate towards the smith machine and think its somehow better for you'r joints when it clearly is not. Ive met people who say they use the smith machine because they have an injury lol.. I just dont get how they reach to that conclusion.

I had no knoledge about how much the smith sucked up until my shoulders started hurting and i realised that the freeweights were so much easier on my joints and the smith made me move awkwardly in a fixed path that caused pain.

in the second part of my comment I was just speaking in general terms about the people who use the smith and then complain about shoulder pain for 5 minutes. I was just confused as to their rationale.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Gotcha. You've essentially come to the same conclusion I did. I couldn't figure out why the smith sucked, I just knew it did. Then when articles started being posted on the internet I was able to figure out why.

I just made myself sound really really old........

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I've decided that King of Lurkers would be my perfect training partner. We both have approx. 20% bf and I need more work on my arms while he needs to work everything else.

Oh the irony.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I've decided that King of Lurkers would be my perfect training partner. We both have approx. 20% bf and I need more work on my arms while he needs to work everything else.

Oh the irony.

:iorofl:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
someone who :

1. Trains hard
2. Supports You to always go 1-2 more reps.
3. SHUTS THE FUCK UP AND TRAINS

mike pulcinella

mike pulcinella

A video clip about training partners.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I agree with most of the stated above. Ideal training partner imo is slightly stronger than you (so you're motivated to catch him), have the same goals and shows up in time and without excuses.

I've trained alone most of the time but currently i have a parter who is almost there except for a few things: he's stronger than me only in a few lifts (shoulders, mainly), he doesn't really like deadlifting although he does them each week and he tends to fail almost a day per week so he has started to lag behind. Hopefully the new program we're starting on monday will keep him motivated.

One of the things i most appreciate of him is that he knows how to (don't) spot and he's not an ego-driven lifter so neither of us is doing assisted rows when the other one is benching. And we're almost the same height which always comes handy. I shared the squat rack with a shorter guy the other day and i know i couldn't stand that for too long.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bone Yard

Bone Yard

someone who has legs and arms.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Biggest thing- On time to training session.
Somebody that knows how to spot and when to spot.
Somebody that doesnt act like a goon while your working out.
Somebody who is not chasing tail while working out.
Somebody who knows when to push you and when to back off.
Somebody who isnt afraid to smack you silly before a heavy set of sqauts.