• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MuscleMecca: What's one Exercise you've never done before

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeh which harkens back to my concession that people with lifting experience have less issues learning them.

I think this is two-fold:
1) You have a better strength base in the required areas
2) You have better coordination with moving your body around a barbell.

I've seen people who are predominantly machine based trainees try to learn simple lifting tasks and battle. They lack the skill base, and probably some strength base, in order to complete the lifts correctly.

So I think for the guys here we could both agree that they should all have a go at the power versions of the weightlifting lifts. Maybe watch a couple of vids first to get an idea of what they are meant to be doing so they can step themselves through (like you would learning other lifts).
:borat:

I wanna try that jefferson lift.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jefferson lifts... dont make much sense to me at all.... lower half of wide stance squat hit my glutes and hamstring just right!

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jefferson lifts... dont make much sense to me at all.... lower half of wide stance squat hit my glutes and hamstring just right!
You can say that for any lift. Why do RDLs when wide stance squats hit your glutes and hams fine, why do hyperextensions when deadlifts hit your erectors just fine as well as the rest of your back? etc etc.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I want to add some more that I plan on getting into in the following year:
Prowler work
Tire-flipping
Atlas Stones
Yoke Walking
Cardio

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Atlas stones? You know someone who can make concrete balls? :keke:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Atlas stones? You know someone who can make concrete balls? :keke:

You make them yourself. You have to make a mould and then pour in concrete in layers.

I've never used Atlas stones, but I've used just great big lumps of granite. Very hard on the hands and forearms, not to mention clothes.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I've seen them for sale on the GC on Aussiestrength.com. But I may just make my own anyway.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Cheaper than postage will be.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Fuck postage, I'd pick them up myself. Atlas Stones wouldn't fit in my letter-box anyway.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fuck postage, I'd pick them up myself. Atlas Stones wouldn't fit in my letter-box anyway.

Neither will my safety squat bar, but it is being posted. I suppose you have the advantage of being in the same state as these stores.

Did I mention I can't wait for my safety squat bar?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I can't wait to get one either. :turborun:

I just wish I wasn't as broke as Adam's sister's ass.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A exercise that I should try, that helps the whole core( upper and lower abs, side, back, psoas, and glute muscles) as well as the entire chain of muscles in the back, is called Prisoner Get Ups. Also this exercise builds better balance and agility as well.