• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Contest Prep- OCB Midatlantic Classic

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Def. looking leaner man, good job so far! now keep on dieting man! :headbang:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5 weeks down, 15 to go!

Hey guys,

5 weeks down, 15 weeks to go! ( as of Saturday) I should have updated this earlier, but I was pretty busy this weekend.
So all last week, I noticed I wasn't losing much weight. It was constantly fluctuating, but even on the days my weight was low, it wasn't as low as I'd like it to be. Layne agreed, and after I sent him my saturday update, he gave me new macronutrient goals. He lowered my carb by a little less then 10%, and my fat by about 10%. He also increased my low intensity cardio a bit, in duration of time. These changes aren't drastic, but I feel they will definitely help keep the fat burning!

After 5 weeks of dieting, I realized it wasn't too hard at all yet. My body and mind agreed. It was time for change. I'm ready to increase my pain threshold, and take the fat incinerating to the next level. It may be coincidence, but the past week or two my bodyfat hasn't decreased too much. My mind didn't feel like it was in too much of a fat burning process. It just felt like I was eating a little less, and doing cardio. I'm probably reading too much into it, but I just found it interesting.

I'm glad I have a new challenge ahead of me. I'm ready to take it on. I want to achieve great things by the end of this prep. To do so, I need to put in a "great" effort. Everything I want in life that makes me truly happy, always takes great effort. Nothing is ever easy. I know this. And as such, I'm ready for the contest prep to get hard. I'm ready to put out that effort. And im ready to attain greatness. It's what I want, and I'll do anything to get it.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your post it's very encouraging, man. IMO pics doesn't show a drastic change from last week, but I'm pretty sure you'll look more than awesome in few weeks time!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks mvs! I really don't think there was much difference either, and neither did Layne, thats why he lowered my macros. I hope it goes well! I think it already has because I weighed my lightest this morning.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Lovng your desire big Pete. Keep that fire burning deep within and I am sure you will reap the rewards of the hard work your putting in.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you for the kind words brother. These kind of replies are just feeding the furnace inside me!!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
14 weeks to go!

6 weeks down, and 14 more to go!
This week went really well, as I said last week Layne lowered my carbs, fat, and increased my cardio. As soon as the macros changed I could see my body changing immediately. I also had to increase my cardio, and on top of this, I made sure my intensity moved up a bit as well. I found that my heart has grown much stronger since I've been doing cardio these past 6 weeks. Because of such, my heart rate was getting lower and lower with each cardio session. This means, I would be burning less calories because my body was thinking it was exerting less energy. So to counteract that, each week I just make sure I go a little tiny bit faster while doing the elipitical, bike, whatever It is I use.
I utilized vegetables in my diet more this week. Because Vegetables are not calorically dense, I can get away with eating a large volume of them, which is nice because it makes me feel more full, and I can eat for a longer duration of time. Making this change DEFINITELY helped with my fat loss. I'm not going to pretend I know the exact science to why vegetables are so good for fat loss, but I'm sure its one Google search away. It's just interesting to me because, besides the slight change in macros Layne did for me, I'm basically eating close to what I was last week, and I lost twice as much weight this week (about 3 pounds). I think the phytonutrients that can only be obtained through fruits and vegetables help with fat loss.

I know I haven't written this before, so I suppose I'll let you guys in on what I normally eat during the week.
Each week I may change it up a bit, just to keep things fresh and exciting, but for the most part I eat a lot of the same things each week. I go grocery shopping once a week btw.
Sorry the content of my post is so dry this week, but bodybuilding and contest prep does involve a lot of repetition and consistency of aspects of life that aren't thrilling to read about sometimes lol.

Proteins:
Scivation whey
ON Casein
Deli Meats: Buffalo chicken breast, turkey breast, roast beef
Canned Tuna light in water
Chicken breast
(once a week I'll have a leg or a thigh because I buy rotisserie chicken on Sundays)
Egg whites
Omega enriched whole eggs
Low fat string cheese (such a good snack!)

Carbs:
Whole wheat low carb weight watchers bread (this stuff is amazing)
Barley
Oats
Weight control Quaker oat packets (7 grams of protein, low fat, high fiber, very low sugar, and amazing taste)
Low carb whole wheat Tortillas
100 Calorie pack popcorn (94% fat free, or kettle korn)
Vegetables: broccoli, esparagus, carrots, string beans, sweet potatoes
( I steam my veggies, then season them)
Whole Grain couscous
Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches (these are AMAZING! Such a relief while dieting. 1.5 grams fat, 30 grams carbs, 4 grams fiber, 4 grams protein. I'll usually eat half of one at a time. on high carb days I'll usually have a whole one)

Fats:
olive oil (pretty sparingly)
All natural smuckers creamy Peanut butter (my favorite)
Raw Almonds
low fat mayo (I use a tbsp on my tuna)
fish oil caps
CLA caps
Sesamin caps
-Fats are pretty sparing because each meal I get half of them from the carb and protein sources. Example: my first meal I'll have 2 scoops whey, and 1 packet oatmeal. I can have 9 grams of fat at this meal, and 4 grams are already taken up, so to complete the other 5 grams, I'll eat 1/2 a tbsp of peanut butter. It's pretty sad, but that bit of PB really satiates my salty fatty craving.

That's it for now guys, here are some pics I took about 2 hours ago after a cardio session.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

last 3..

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never understood why Layne is such a cardio lover. The body adapts to it so quickly and easily, yet he has you doing it 4 days a week right off the bat. The change in macros should be enough to kick start your fat burning, in my opinion.

What were your calories at before you started the diet?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea Layne definitely likes the cardio, but I'm ok with it I guess because I really like my food, and I rather do a bit of cardio and have some more food, then vice versa. It's really very moderate right now, so it doesn't bother me at all. I feel like I havent lost much if any leg size, and that was my main concern with it. I feel like my heart is thanking me for it too!
2 sessions of Low intensity for 25 minutes
2 H.I.I.T sessions a week. - 5 minute warm up, 10 intervals, 10 minute cool down.

Before I started my diet, when I was putting on mass my macros were as follows..

Protein: 250 grams
Carbs: 520 grams
Fats: 95 grams
Calories: 3935

Thank you for chiming in on my thread Flex. I've read and kept up with all the work you've done for Turk, and its amazing to see. I really admire the teamwork and dynamics you two have together. It's something very special. I'm a big fan of both of you.
Please keep along when you can and give me your two cents when you can! Posing advice is also in high demand lol. I know im decent at it, but I want to be able to display my physique to the best of my ability. Thanks again!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the kind words Pete.

That's a pretty big reduction in calories to start your diet (well over 1,000 calories). I would think Layne would see that as enough, especially being 20 weeks out from your show. Either way, you're on his plan, so just keep doing what he tells you.

Did he tell you to take all of those supplements that you listed you're taking?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1,000 calories sound like a lot, but I was in a mass gaining phase. So I figure, 300-500 put me at a surplus, then he took away about 500-700 from my metabolic baseline. I was 231 pounds to start the cut, so he wanted me to lose around 1.5-2 pounds a week. So I feel like the calorie cut was good. My strength didn't even feel like it went down. I don't feel moody, and my overall health is very good.
Layne doesn't make me take any supplements. He "recommends" some, but he doesn't say what I HAVE to take. I'm pretty sure its a liability issue.
I really don't take that many supplements. Do you think I take a lot next to a prep such as turks? I'll list them off again just to make sure were on the same page.

Scivation whey
ON casein
Creatine monohydrate
Beta alanine
Lipo 6X thermogenic
XTEND BCAAs
Multi V (ON brand)
CLA caps
Sesamin caps
Fish oil caps
(I take three caps of each)
Glucosamine chondroiton

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel like this is a sufficient amount of supps. You'll notice, almost all of them are pure 1 ingredient sources. I try to simplify everything I do, and I feel my stack shows that. Is there anything you would do differently? Add anything? Subtract anything? Any advice is good advice from you flex. I appreciate your opinion bro.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do you think I take a lot next to a prep such as turks? I'll list them off again just to make sure were on the same page.

Scivation whey
ON casein
Creatine monohydrate
Beta alanine
Lipo 6X thermogenic
XTEND BCAAs
Multi V (ON brand)
CLA caps
Sesamin caps
Fish oil caps
(I take three caps of each)
Glucosamine chondroiton
Nah, not at all.

The only supplement I would probably add would be green tea extract.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great work Pete! I'm loving the thread so far and I will keep checking in!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@ Flex: Alright great, thank you for the input. I'm definitely going to be adding in Green Tea Extract soon. I didn't want to bombard my system with too much caffeine all at once.

@ Creator: Thanks man! I really honor and appreciate your opinions and input. Any and all comments are welcome! I'll definitely be keeping up with your thread as well.

Cork

Cork

Pete, best of luck in the upcoming show!

I don't know how NABBA is but you should like the OCB. The shows are run really well, especially since the one you're doing is coordinated by Joe Defranco, he has a lot of experience with running shows.