• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Contest Prep- OCB Midatlantic Classic

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First set of pics from last Friday 6/11/10

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
keep strong in the mind pete, your cuts are really showing side shots and front shots particularly side chest really becoming powerful for you and the back is dialling in as well.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
keep strong in the mind pete, your cuts are really showing side shots and front shots particularly side chest really becoming powerful for you and the back is dialling in as well.

This.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As some of you may know, being a bodybuilder means constantly being your own worst critic (except if your king kamali Lolz), so hearing this really is a breath of fresh air from both of you. I really appreciate it. New pics will be coming tomorrow!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys, here are some pics I took 10 minutes ago.

I feel like I look a little flat, but I suppose that's to be expected in the morning. I only have one meal in me here. When I do my show, I need to make sure I go to bed very early, so I can wake up early to eat a few meals before I hit the stage. The difference between 1 meal in me, and 3 is a big difference. I feel more full, and I feel like I can contract my muscles better, thus posing is easier.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i should probably load the pictures, shouldn't I? lol

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Noticeably leaner, great work so far man! keep it up! best of luck!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
11 Weeks down, 9 to go!!!

So this week I noticed my weight loss was starting to slow down a bit with the same macro and cardio plan. I usually check in with Layne every Tuesday and Saturday. However, I noticed the rate slowing down on Thursday, so I decided to tell him so I could make the adjustments sooner rather then later. I'm really glad I did, because every day of this prep I should be getting leaner. Not one day should go by wasted. I would HATE HATE HATE, to get on stage and say, damn if only I had a few more days, weeks, whatever. So yea, Layne agreed based off of my weight from Monday-Thursday and ate the rate it was slowing down, I needed an adjustment. Unfortunately, the adjustment was to kick my cardio ASS! He threw in 2 more sessions of Low intensity cardio, and increased my duration for my H.I.I.T cardio!! Altogether, its an extra 84 minutes of cardio a week :(

To tell you the truth, when he told me this new plan, I thought he made a typo. It just seemed like too much! However, a pound of fat is 3500 calories. And in 10 minutes of cardio, on average, I lose about 100-120 calories. So, 84 minutes more a week would be about 840-1000 calories. I know this is probably a little too black and white in terms of metabolism, but just talking straight numbers, thats not even half a pound of weight. I'm sure the extra cardio will help with my metabolism though.

The extra cardio definitely helped though, because I managed to hit my weight loss goal. I shoot for 1.5-2.0 pounds a week, and this week I lost 1.8, so thats great. I think I've already mentally adjusted to doing cardio 6 out of the 7 days of the week. I just need the mental and physical fortitude to stick with it. I think if I can keep cardio interesting by doing different types of cardio, it wont be so bad.

Speaking of which, tomorrow I have to go to my cousin's college graduation party. This entails driving 3 hours through New York, which is going to suck, but I already packed my turkey, string cheese, and whole wheat bread sandwiches! Another problem is that, there will be A LOT of food at this party. My family is big and Italian, so were always eating (refer to my big fat greek wedding). Dieting for a bodybuilding show means nothing to them, so its always a little uncomfortable and annoying explaining why second, third, or fourth helpings on is not an option. I'm sure there will be some sort of salad, vegetable, and lean meat available. So I'll fill up on those foods, and drink a lot of water and diet soda. The hard part is not snacking on all the finger foods that are at EVERY SINGLE TABLE!!! Chips, pretzels, crackers, pepperoni, cheese, etc.

This is one part of bodybuilding im still trying to conquer. I want to be a part of normal family oriented functions without worrying so much about what im eating or drinking. I always manage to keep my discipline, I just dont want to think so much about it. It makes my time less enjoyable. I feel like a foodaholic! Honestly, if an alcoholic were at a party with beer, wine, etc, he probably would be VERY distracted. He'd constantly be thinking about it. That's how I feel at these type of functions with food. I have control over my hunger and appetite COMPLETELY, but I dont want to have to feel like im suffering. I just want to go and have a good time with my family, and be fine with not eating awesome italian food. LOL
Anyway, enough bitching. I'll be fine, and i'm going to stick to my diet completely.

For training, I can't go to the gym tomorrow, which is fine, because frankly my body needs a bit of rest. The lowered calories and cardio are taking a little bit of a tole on me. Nothing drastic at all, I can just feel a little bit of decrease in strength. All this means is I need to prioritize my deloading more. I can't be going balls to the wall in weights every single week. Which is fine, because your body doesnt need to lift maximum poundages every week to hold onto its muscle. It needs stimulus, but not 100% heaviest weights every week.

However, I need to get my cardio in, so before my family leaves for NY tomorrow at 9 AM, im going to go for a 35 minute jog probably around 7:00 AM.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll be taking pics tomorrow night, so expect to see them!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You look much leaner in the last set of pics. I don't get why your quad-eyedrop and your arms look so round and full. It's amazing.

In the side shots I'll give a try posing a little bit higher, so your legs a little bit look more vertical.

D

dsg36

Looking good man! keep working hard... i'm interested to see the rest of the progress!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Awesome thread pete, cant wait to see the transformation continue.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you for all the posts guy! It's nice to see people interested in my progress. :)

Honestly, when other people know your goals, and want to see you succeed, it makes you THAT much more motivated to work your hardest. So again, I really appreciate it. I want to represent the mecca!

Today was a crazy day! My girlfriend and I are moving into a new apartment very soon, but we have the opportunity to move our stuff into the new space whenever we want. Also, her mom was moving out of her apartment, and because of this, we needed to move her out of her apartment completely today. So I spent the whole day moving furniture, carrying, lifting, taking stairs. Just exhausting! So I didn't hit the gym, but that's fine because, this is a workout in it of itself. The whole job took about 8 hours of my day, so im sure this was sufficient! Layne also agreed.

I'll be taking pics tonight! I'll post them in the next few hours hopefully.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Sounds like you got your cardio and workout out of the way lol

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn Straight DM! Unfortunately, I woke up this morning FLAT AS A PANCAKE! I honestly think yesterday drained me really badly. I didn't ever lift anything that was beyond heavy, but I did carry, lift, load, and walk with a lot of stuff for hours. It was more of a marathon session. Because of this, I think my glycogen stores are really low today.