• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath 16 weeks out

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no one knocks his clavicle width to be mean, where just giving an honest assesment of his physique, and yes he does have very narrow clavices :dunnodude: as is most apparent in his front lat spread. going up against someone with the structure of a dennis wolf makes it very hard for phil to come off as overpowering and if he wants to win that comparison he better come in absolutely peeled. i doubt a top 3 placing is in the books, top 5 definately. the top 3 will go to (in no order) dexter, jay and a tossup between wolf and victor considering vic was injured.

Well I guess I'll do just that, come in absolutely peeled like always and continue to bring up areas where I need more size. As for width, it may be something that many will knock, but I feel I bring fewer weak points than many others, which is why I have had success against many who are actually wider. Funny thing is that I am a work in progress and I will work extremely hard to bring back what bodybuilding was, size, shape and all-out conditioning.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I guess I'll do just that, come in absolutely peeled like always and continue to bring up areas where I need more size. As for width, it may be something that many will knock, but I feel I bring fewer weak points than many others, which is why I have had success against many who are actually wider. Funny thing is that I am a work in progress and I will work extremely hard to bring back what bodybuilding was, size, shape and all-out conditioning.

i cant wait to see u at the O this year phil, just wonna wish u the best of luck with ur training and dieting, truly amazing physique and on top of that a straight up guy with a great personality. really appreciate that u still find time to post on the board.

take care bro:tiphat:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this makes me even more amazed at how dennis wolf manages to look spectacular all the time. phil does not lool like anything exceptional here but he is in the offseason.

Thats probably why Wolf hasnt brought up any of his weaknesses...lack of a true off-season? Props to Phil...who continues to improve every time we see him. Dont matter what you look like in off-season if you come into the shows the way he always has... bigger, better and more conditioned (if thats possible) your doing your job and his dues will come :tiphat:

D

drexel1234

great response phil if u bring in a little more size and ur conditioning from the ironman/arnold i really think it will be between u cutler wolf and victor depending on his legs of course. dexter doesnt look much different and i personally had u better then him at the arnold and kai has a heavy muscular physique but i dont see him winning. good luck bro ur time is now!!!!!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

and one would be foolish to bet against you, you'll notice that the only knock on you is your clavicle structure because you are as flawless as they come everywhere else. and you are spot on you do bring far less weakpoints than nearly the entire IFBB and have conditioning that is mentioned among the best there is, reminicsant of coleman in his glory years and the only one comparable to you in this regard is dexter. there's not a doubt in my mind you will end up around the pro win total of levrone, coleman, and taylor when all is said and done.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

And you do just that, with your work ethic, charisma with fans, and nearly flawless physique combined with Coleman-esque conditioning and fullness I do not see you placing below third in any contest. I do not see a show that you cannot win, it rarely happens when a "rookie" comes in and immediately becomes one of the top tier pros. Last time that happened was Flex Wheeler, our sport has needed you for years now. :tiphat:

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Offseason the dude is a tank. He looks like a friggin defensive tackle.

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo!

Thank you all for the posts, I truly respect and appreciate them all. I am currently 2wks out from my olympia prep weighing today at 265lbs, about 20lbs heavier since last early May so I should get up to 272 maybe by contest prep time. My goal isn't just to get huge, but to get better, so gaining weight isn't the goal...overall shape and size is. Training is again getting better each day and I plan on filming my next dvd 2 wks from today at the NPC Colorado State show (i won in '04). I will do my best to post, but I will probably do most of it on flexonline.com as they are my sponsor. You guys are the chit, so keep hitting the gym hard and be safe out there in those streets bcuz summer is here and people get a bit too excited.

P

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo!

Thank you all for the posts, I truly respect and appreciate them all. I am currently 2wks out from my olympia prep weighing today at 265lbs, about 20lbs heavier since last early May so I should get up to 272 maybe by contest prep time. My goal isn't just to get huge, but to get better, so gaining weight isn't the goal...overall shape and size is. Training is again getting better each day and I plan on filming my next dvd 2 wks from today at the NPC Colorado State show (i won in '04). I will do my best to post, but I will probably do most of it on flexonline.com as they are my sponsor. You guys are the chit, so keep hitting the gym hard and be safe out there in those streets bcuz summer is here and people get a bit too excited.

P

words of wisdom there, can't wait for the dvd.
that prep for shape and size should be an awesome sight
speaking of excitement there are loads of accidents here in SA, :disgust:. keep up the hard work Phil, we're backing ya up!:xyxthumbs:

D

drexel1234

Yo!

P

yea defin man what you just said there is key. even though im just beginning and not newhere near ur level i realized the hard way when i bulked up to a ridiculus 190 then had to drop 35 lbs in 14 weeks for my first show, a show where i could have defin been top 5 but came 8th becuz i had lost muscle along with fat. that being said u obviously know wat you doing cant wait for the olympia espically when u show up everyone including ur mentor jay cutler and start ur domination of the O. dare i say 9 in a row? lol
good luck big guy

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo!

P

GOdd luck with your prep, Phil.

Mybe it's a little bit too early but... at what weight are you planning to compete in the O?

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is a GREAT PRO in all the ways i can imagine

you deserve big things in your future Phil

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
GOdd luck with your prep, Phil.

Mybe it's a little bit too early but... at what weight are you planning to compete in the O?

That's actually a good question because I asked my trainer, Hany "Pro Creator" Rambod that today. Currently I am better than I looked when preparing for the early shows this year, so I'm thinkin' 238-242 range, which would be much bigger than the arnold. I will say that I am not sacrificing conditioning for just a few extra pounds because I normally rely on my full muscle bellies along with my smaller joints to provide a much more complete look than others so we will see in 14wks.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil... don't listen to Duality, nobody else here does :tiphat:

Keep making the improvements and things will come.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
That's actually a good question because I asked my trainer, Hany "Pro Creator" Rambod that today. Currently I am better than I looked when preparing for the early shows this year, so I'm thinkin' 238-242 range, which would be much bigger than the arnold. I will say that I am not sacrificing conditioning for just a few extra pounds because I normally rely on my full muscle bellies along with my smaller joints to provide a much more complete look than others so we will see in 14wks.

:hsughr::hsughr::eclipsee_gold_cup:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Sounds excellent.Thanks for giving us updates Phil:tiphat:

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he looks huge but im suure he'll be ripped by the time he gets to the olympia.