• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath - 2009 Mr. Olympia Fifth Place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't understand how you all are so confident Phil will win. Stop being fans and start being realist. There is a chance he will win but 5 other guys have a legit chance of winning 2. So stop saying "Phil will win. End of Story" because the story hasn't even begun yet. The story begins at pre judging and the story ends with whom ever wins. So all in all Kai wins haha just playing.. but he does have a shot.
Agreed. I think it's fair to say all the guys have a shot at the O, it just matters what the judges are looking for that day as well as who brings the best package.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Pfff, this again..

I'm not sure who will win, could be Jay, could be Dex again, or Phil, but no fucking way in hell, Kai will win, no matter what, he won't win PERIOD.

and you'll see this in a few weeks.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arguments could go on forever, but we will see soon. The suspense is killing me.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Phil is gonna win it hands down. Times are changing and the judges seem to be looking for more pleasing physiques and not just the biggest guy on stage. But besides that Phil is always making huge imporvemnts every time he steps on stage, even 10 pounds on him and it would look like 20 and he is always coming in amazing shape. noone will be able to hang with phil and he looks just as big as anyone else onstage as far as mass goes, he may not be as tall but you know what im saying

Kai, no real chance of winning i think. He has craxy legs and a good back and comes in pretty good shape, but he doesnt flow togeather he has been lookin great just based on what i have been seeing from those MD videos but who knows, but still he doesnt look as good as say a dexter or phil, and like i said before, at the olympia at least, it seems times are changing.

Dex will be a top contender but not gonna have enough to win. He will probably look the same as he always does mabye a bit bigger but nothing different. I think thats what messes him up, nothing really changes but he is really consistant so that helps him to, and he wont be out of shape thats for sure.

Jay, what can i say, his time is over and i dont think he should have won any olympias except the 01 he just doesnt look good to me, ronnie messed him up, waist is to wide and never comes in crazy shape and is always holding some water. he is just a big dude. thats it, his name could help him stay in the top 5 or 6.

Dennis Wolf, he could do something if he brings up his back and comes in great shape, last year he was on his way but messed up at the end, he is huge no doubt but has good shape for someone as big as him. If he has the hanging hamstrings the wide think back and comes in shape it could be top 3 for him. It will eventually be between him and phil for the years to come.

Victor, if his legs are up or leg is up and he comes in shape he could be top 3. He looks greeat and has a huge back, everything looks good on him but you never know who will show up with him.

That being said sorry for writing so much ha. But phil is number one and will be for a long long time. And will be the best bodybuilder in history eventaully and he is still young and improvemnts are gonna keep coming. He always comes in the best shape and is just nuts with his shape and size. Noone else like him and thats why he wins, he is in a class of his own. But then again its just my opinion. Whew! nomore writing for me...

If the times are changing as you say for a more pleasing physique then Dexter would take it not phil....

Phil is the best of dexter and Kai, so its apples, oranges, and GRAPEFRUITS when it comes down to this years olympia. Either Dexter wins it for Shape, Phil wins it for the combo and awsome physique (especially arms), or kai wins it for sheer muscularity and conditioning.

I want u guys to think about this.... Kai beats EVERYBODY from the back and EVERYBODY from the side...... Phil can beat kai from the front but Kai still takes the abs and thighs. aside from phil having a better physique than kai, u have to think about who takes which poses. This year it will be about conditioning and what the judges want.... if phil is the best man then i hope he wins but i really want Dex or Kai to win so that all of you people who think you are psychics can learn the difference between opinion and fortune telling.

Pretty Physique-----------------------------------Freaky Physique
|-----------------------------|----------------------------|
Dexter-----------------------Phil--------------------------Kai
Apples---------------------Oranges------------------Grapefruits

C

Comin_Up

If the times are changing as you say for a more pleasing physique then Dexter would take it not phil....

Phil is the best of dexter and Kai, so its apples, oranges, and GRAPEFRUITS when it comes down to this years olympia. Either Dexter wins it for Shape, Phil wins it for the combo and awsome physique (especially arms), or kai wins it for sheer muscularity and conditioning.

I want u guys to think about this.... Kai beats EVERYBODY from the back and EVERYBODY from the side...... Phil can beat kai from the front but Kai still takes the abs and thighs. aside from phil having a better physique than kai, u have to think about who takes which poses. This year it will be about conditioning and what the judges want.... if phil is the best man then i hope he wins but i really want Dex or Kai to win so that all of you people who think you are psychics can learn the difference between opinion and fortune telling.

Pretty Physique-----------------------------------Freaky Physique
|-----------------------------|----------------------------|
Dexter-----------------------Phil--------------------------Kai
Apples---------------------Oranges------------------Grapefruits

Just because the times are changing doesnt meen they are looking for dexter, i was just saying that the biggest guy wont win anymore, its not the era of ronnie anymore. So phil will win it because thats what they are gonna be looking for, i think, but no way kai wins sorry, but then again its just my opinion. but if kai comes in and is obviously better than everyone else then by all means give him the sandow. Now for the poses, again its all a matter of opinion, its in the eye of the beholder. You think kai looks better i think phil looks better. But lets look at the poses since you brought it up and ill try to be fair :thumbsup2:
wish i knew how to put pictures up and this would be alot better ha.

Front double biceps: Kai
Now i might get crap for this one, i actually like kais front double and phils just looks kind of strange to me sure he has huge arms but his chest gets really flat when he does it, hopefully this changes this year :rofl3: but kai just opens it up on this one to me.

Front lat spread: Kai
Damn! Another one! Never one of phils strong poses i think and kai has a huge lat spread and those legs dont help either, Zzzip! Its just that phil doesnt have wide shoulders so its all kind of squished togeather.

Side triceps: Phil
Now this is a hands down pose for phil, great triceps, some of the best ever and the speeration in his legs is nasty. Kai just cant hang with phil on this one, cant win em all! Tri's just arnt good enough and thats what makes the difference.

Side chest: Phil
Now i dont think either of these guys do the side chest right, noone really does with the arms higher to make the waist look smaller, but with phil you see everything that dip in the chest, huge shoulders, and arms from hell. Sure kai is big in all areas to but he is SO big thats its all just one block. This one is more of my opinion ha.

NOW WE TURN IT AROUND! THIS IS THEOLYMPIA RIGHT HERE!

Back lat spread: Kai
Ever since he was getin knocked for his back he has been making huge improvements and now its just as good as anyone elses. Huge lat spread by both me, kia's is bigger but with phil he is more dialed in and those hamstrings are gross!! But kia has the hammies to and is just wider and thats what this pose calls fot.

Back double bicep: Phil
Phil kills it with his conditioning here, thats why he wins it. That only. Its lookin close!

Abs & Thigh: Kai
Kai just looks better, phil has everything but abs. Im not a fan of phils abs. And to add on to it those legs kai has on hiM! just gross! Best set of wheels in the game right now i think.

Most Muscular: Phil
That clasped crab takes the cake, thats phils signature pose! Kai's huge but phil looks amazing with the shoulders and arms, and this pose makes his chest look awsome to.

Lets tally it up! Now again i was trying to be fair but of course opinion takes over sometime. for the most part i thought i was pretty fair.

Phil-4
Kai-4

Looks like we are tied up, but we need to have a winner!

X-Factor: Condtioning- Phil
Phil is the best conditioned bodybuilder today! Kai comes in shape but nothing like phil, phil is shape everywhere. And thats why he wins. :borat:

Sorry bud, its just facts haha :thumbsup2: Kai gets top 4 or so. ill give him top 3 since he put up a good fight

msuman

msuman

Phil will win. We alll saw pictures from his guest posing at the Dexter Jackson Classic. He made Jay look small and best Dex in everyway. That alone, leads me to believe he willl win. Of course, Kai wasn't on that stage. Even so, based on teh videos leading up to the Olyimpia, Phil takes it. That's not taking anything away fromthe other guys. Cause I like Kai and Wolf, too.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil will win. We alll saw pictures from his guest posing at the Dexter Jackson Classic. He made Jay look small and best Dex in everyway. That alone, leads me to believe he willl win. Of course, Kai wasn't on that stage. Even so, based on teh videos leading up to the Olyimpia, Phil takes it. That's not taking anything away fromthe other guys. Cause I like Kai and Wolf, too.

thats right bro !!! Phil will win :thumbsup2:

philheath56-1.jpg

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just because the times are changing doesnt meen they are looking for dexter, i was just saying that the biggest guy wont win anymore, its not the era of ronnie anymore. So phil will win it because thats what they are gonna be looking for, i think, but no way kai wins sorry, but then again its just my opinion. but if kai comes in and is obviously better than everyone else then by all means give him the sandow. Now for the poses, again its all a matter of opinion, its in the eye of the beholder. You think kai looks better i think phil looks better. But lets look at the poses since you brought it up and ill try to be fair :thumbsup2:
wish i knew how to put pictures up and this would be alot better ha.

Front double biceps: Kai
Now i might get crap for this one, i actually like kais front double and phils just looks kind of strange to me sure he has huge arms but his chest gets really flat when he does it, hopefully this changes this year :rofl3: but kai just opens it up on this one to me.
I'd give this one to Phil. IMO, this isn't a good pose for Kai and really brings out his gut.

Front lat spread: Kai
Damn! Another one! Never one of phils strong poses i think and kai has a huge lat spread and those legs dont help either, Zzzip! Its just that phil doesnt have wide shoulders so its all kind of squished togeather.
Agreed here. Phil looks massive in this pose, but his narrowness really holds him back on this one.

Side triceps: Phil
Now this is a hands down pose for phil, great triceps, some of the best ever and the speeration in his legs is nasty. Kai just cant hang with phil on this one, cant win em all! Tri's just arnt good enough and thats what makes the difference.
Phil, but Kai's ain't so shabby either. His triceps are ripped in this pose.

Side chest: Phil
Now i dont think either of these guys do the side chest right, noone really does with the arms higher to make the waist look smaller, but with phil you see everything that dip in the chest, huge shoulders, and arms from hell. Sure kai is big in all areas to but he is SO big thats its all just one block. This one is more of my opinion ha.
I'd have to go with Kai here. Personally, I don't like the way Phil hits this one but he used to hit it normally and I thought that looks much better. Kai's side chest looks great, though.
IMO, Phil should have stuck with this side chest:

NOW WE TURN IT AROUND! THIS IS THEOLYMPIA RIGHT HERE!

Back lat spread: Kai
Ever since he was getin knocked for his back he has been making huge improvements and now its just as good as anyone elses. Huge lat spread by both me, kia's is bigger but with phil he is more dialed in and those hamstrings are gross!! But kia has the hammies to and is just wider and thats what this pose calls fot.
For now, agreed. Phil has brought up his back but we'll have to wait and see. Kai's hamstrings from the back are, however, fucking incredible. Plus I'd give the calves to Kai because his calves are more clearly separated.

Back double bicep: Phil
Phil kills it with his conditioning here, thats why he wins it. That only. Its lookin close!
This one I feel is a tie. Kai's lats are much thicker than Phil's but Phil's back has more detail. Hamstrings and calves go to Kai but shoulders and arms go to Phil.

Abs & Thigh: Kai
Kai just looks better, phil has everything but abs. Im not a fan of phils abs. And to add on to it those legs kai has on hiM! just gross! Best set of wheels in the game right now i think.
Agreed, Kai takes this one because of Phil's bad ab genetics.

Most Muscular: Phil
That clasped crab takes the cake, thats phils signature pose! Kai's huge but phil looks amazing with the shoulders and arms, and this pose makes his chest look awsome to.
This one, I'm kind of edging towards Kai because of his legs and Phil's arms overpower his chest too much in this pose.

Lets tally it up! Now again i was trying to be fair but of course opinion takes over sometime. for the most part i thought i was pretty fair.

Phil-4
Kai-4

Looks like we are tied up, but we need to have a winner!

X-Factor: Condtioning- Phil
Phil is the best conditioned bodybuilder today! Kai comes in shape but nothing like phil, phil is shape everywhere. And thats why he wins. :borat:

Sorry bud, its just facts haha :thumbsup2: Kai gets top 4 or so. ill give him top 3 since he put up a good fight
Bolded.
Comparison photos taken from the muscle kombat thread of Phil vs Kai, I do not take any credits.
63343888-1.jpg

92080424-1.jpg

87178651-1.jpg

54313093-1.jpg

56027959-1.jpg

29826246-1.jpg

56868655-1.jpg

C

Comin_Up

Dont forget bodybuilding is about estetics to or however you spell it haha. Phil has the flow going for him, kai looks like he has just a bunch of huge parts put togeather. Both look great tho. Glad we are on the same page for most ha and thats not the most muscular i was talkin about ha

show.php

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont forget bodybuilding is about estetics to or however you spell it haha. Phil has the flow going for him, kai looks like he has just a bunch of huge parts put togeather. Both look great tho. Glad we are on the same page for most ha and thats not the most muscular i was talkin about ha
Oh, no I know that wasn't the most muscular you were talking about. That was the only one on the thread.
This one right?

Still think his arms dwarf his chest too much in this pose.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

well if your talking about flow then dexter has better flow than phil. what im trying to say is that you guy are pretending to tell the future, i can understand you guys predicting that Phil is going to win but a lot of you are tlaking like its FACT instead of opinion and guess. Im trying to say that its going to be a matter of conditioning and opinion since Kai, Dex, and Phil each have attributes that the other does not and these attributes can lead to an olympia win... as long as these 3 are in the top 3 then ill be happy, i just hope they dont give jay another present with the massive assymetry and decent but not great conditioning.

C

Comin_Up

well if your talking about flow then dexter has better flow than phil. what im trying to say is that you guy are pretending to tell the future, i can understand you guys predicting that Phil is going to win but a lot of you are tlaking like its FACT instead of opinion and guess. Im trying to say that its going to be a matter of conditioning and opinion since Kai, Dex, and Phil each have attributes that the other does not and these attributes can lead to an olympia win... as long as these 3 are in the top 3 then ill be happy, i just hope they dont give jay another present with the massive assymetry and decent but not great conditioning.

Thats exactly what i said. Its just my opinion everyone has there own and thats why there is never a clear cut winner. everyone thinks their favorite should win because thats what they like and thats what they think a mr. olympia should look like. and i think its pretty safe to say they will be top 3 something we can agree on :thumbsup2: and another is yes we dont need another jay cutler being given a present. We can riot in the streets togeather if that happens ha. i was just tryin to compair the two with my knowledge of what bodybuilding should be. But its all good, damn its not even here yet and look whats goin on. Its gonna be a great olympia this year :thumbsup2:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm going to quote myself because I can and because there is a really important point I make about Kai.
I look at it in a different light. The contenders showing up in their best condition ever...... for guys that have showed a drop off or inconsistency in form to be their best ever is not something you'd have good odds on with a bookie.

Athlete by athlete:
Jay - played the size game and after about 5yrs was actually recognised for the year he was the better against Coleman (he wasn't his best the year he won, it was several years previous). Has massive imbalances and unless he can hide them with his posing will battle to be top 5. Hide them though and he will do better than he deserves. And I'm sick of the "you can't see the imbalances" BS, go and get your eyes checked :borat:

Dexter - finally was recognised after being a clear champ several years earlier. His win was also a drastic change away from over a decade (close to 2 decades) of rewarding the mass monsters. This move would not have been taken lightly and shows a change in what the judges are looking for. Dex wasn't at his best last year, but he has made some improvements and when has he not shown up with terrific conditioning. I can't see him lower than third and is a good chance for a second win.

Kai - IMO is the most average of the list of potential winners. I don't think he has aesthetic proportions, his lauded posing routines belong in a strip club and finally his Arnold win is being over-quoted. His nearest competitor was coming off major surgery, the next was a 202 competitor and the other has an unfortuneate pec tear, how is this a decisive win? The biggest point that people fail to take on board is the disrepute that he will bring to the sport from the wider community with his G4P videos. It is a massive skeleton in his closet that will always hold him back from being held up as the BBing O Champ.

Victor - lacks legs. Enough said. He has made improvements in his legs in only a few months since the AC. Give him another month or so and he could have a very complete package. Or he could show up only "improved" since the AC, which isn't enough to win the O against Dex or Phil or Jay for that matter. It should be enough to beat Kai however.

Phil - looked to have won the O last year. He has improved since last year. His conditioning will be key to beating Dex, as well as maintaining his lines. His guest posing against Dex and Jay he looked to have a better package than both, and looked to carry enough mass to eclipse guys actually bigger than him. The biggest concern is what he brings on stage and whether his arms have become too big for his chest. IMO he is this years winner, but he has to beat Dex who is possibly one of the most consistent contenders.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^ That, and it's his first O appearance, MD athlete..etc etc... what's important, is that he won't win haha :D

E

emil

who cares what he may have done to various kind of fruits in his past... he looks awesome!

msuman

msuman

Bolded.
Comparison photos taken from the muscle kombat thread of Phil vs Kai, I do not take any credits.
63343888-1.jpg

92080424-1.jpg

87178651-1.jpg

54313093-1.jpg

56027959-1.jpg

29826246-1.jpg

56868655-1.jpg

Damn! Heath looked good last year. Will be even better this show.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
who cares what he may have done to various kind of fruits in his past... he looks awesome!

The asking of this question shows a level of ignorance about judging and politics in the sport.

Plus it wasn't about what he did to the fruit, it was the fact that it was for a Gay 4 Pay site. You try and promote the sport with a champion that has performed in that sort of arena. Gay people don't think highly of G4P, straight people assume that he is weird, it brings the whole sport into question as they would be held up as the example of the sport, and scandal would ensue as what little wider coverage BBing gets is tainted. The BBing overseers wouldn't allow this to happen.

Just look at the scandal surrounding the Miss Universe contestants that have posed nude. How would someone explain what Kai did to a grapefruit.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
The asking of this question shows a level of ignorance about judging and politics in the sport.

Plus it wasn't about what he did to the fruit, it was the fact that it was for a Gay 4 Pay site. You try and promote the sport with a champion that has performed in that sort of arena. Gay people don't think highly of G4P, straight people assume that he is weird, it brings the whole sport into question as they would be held up as the example of the sport, and scandal would ensue as what little wider coverage BBing gets is tainted. The BBing overseers wouldn't allow this to happen.

Just look at the scandal surrounding the Miss Universe contestants that have posed nude. How would someone explain what Kai did to a grapefruit.

LMAO, bodybuilding would be tainted? i think its too late to save the sanctity of bodybuilding after that with he whole steroid stigma and all the other BS aside from what society portrays bodybuilders to steriotypically be. I dont think people would think about it too much actually. And if they do, bodybuilding has a way of not caring about what most people think, and it keeps on trucking.

I know kai did G4P but i dunno why its concidered gay? gay means being attracted to or having sexual activities with another man, a fruit is not a man LOL. Masturbating on camera for money isnt really gay either. I think G4P is doing gay porn for money. Kai didnt do gay porn, he did 1 man shows and i dont think he put them up his butt lol. Either way it will be interesting how his carreer pans out knowing what he didi when he wa broke.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ still, he did what he did, and that's not acceptable for a bb "champ", it's strange only to think about it, that we have a Mr O that fucked fruits lmao, then bb'ing would be even more strange, disgusting, weird..etc - i wouldn't be surprised if some television channel would make a documentary about "that" mr O, Kai for example with his past and so on..

so..politics or not, and maybe i'm biased (don't think his physique is worth for winning the O, never ever!) but i agree with Weider's politics in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.