• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil vs. Dex Comparison pics (ARNOLD CLASSIC 2008)

• Thread starter Mr.Olympia 2008
  • Start date

Who has it?

• Phil Heath

Votes: 41 42.3%
  • Dexter Jackson

Votes: 56 57.7%

• Total voters
C

cannonball33

I voted for Dex -- Phil's arms are just too big for his narrow frame and small-ish and oddly shaped pecs. Everything flows on Dex real well.

D

d.capodiferro

i am, as always, upset by the treatment the judges reserve to silvio samuel.
he's highly overestimated.no way he defeats branch,badell,freeman,joj, or rockel.
the same for kai green. how can the judges even compare him to branch?

Lisu

Lisu

Dex is drier and in great shape but Phil has better calves, hamstrings, back, arm seperation (inside), width, shoulders, and lower lat insertion.

Being in better condition should count, but not compared to someone in almost as good condition but with better size and a more complete physique.
That is just my two cents.

I;m thinking the same way:xyxthumbs:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dexter by a long shot. in most of the poses its really close but Dex takes it. especially in the most muscular and side chest

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very tigth but... it's me or Dex legs look smaller than ever?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Dexter looks thicker...that why Phil lost IMO

Savjav

Savjav

wtf is with phils arm on the side bicep shot... dexter destroys him on it..i think phil looked much better at the IM dexter deserved to win

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dex side chest shot is sooooo much better then phil's......phil beats him in the back poses but not by much...the rest is pretty equal...plus think that dex looked drier/granier..that gave him the edge!! great showing by the gift!! he will be hungry at the olympia!!

M

massmonsterpas

phil needs maturity and that comes with time dex deserve to be numro uno

R

rockhardman

yeah dexter has more mature muscle he is a hard one to beat IMO.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jdowden87

jdowden87

i voted for ninja turtle man, he has the more complete package. phil's chest is really lacking compared to his massive arms

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dex looks good as usual, and by usual i mean he looks the same for over 5 years :e5dunno:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dex looks good as usual, and by usual i mean he looks the same for over 5 years :e5dunno:

If it aint broke dont fix it! I mean honestly, what could the guy do to improve? Maybe more size but taking the risk of compromising those lines isnt worth it. So many people ruin there physiques by trying to jam size on and all the while, Dex is just sitting back consistently placing respectable to great at every single show he competes in. :dunnodude:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If it aint broke dont fix it! I mean honestly, what could the guy do to improve? Maybe more size but taking the risk of compromising those lines isnt worth it. So many people ruin there physiques by trying to jam size on and all the while, Dex is just sitting back consistently placing respectable to great at every single show he competes in. :dunnodude:

He is consistent, but he is also boring like Cutler. They both bring the same package in without making many changes and it gets really boring IMO. Sure Dex is in great condition and symmetrical, but so was Heath. Heath had him on almost every body part, and was just a % off compared to Dex.
Also Dex's arms are very asymmetrical, has high lat insertions, not good definition or separation in his thighs, narrow shoulders with small shoulders to boot, etc. The only thing he does is come in amazing condition, and he owes that to a high metabolism (and his avid cocaine use :keke:)

Its pointless to discuss, because he won and that is that. It could have gone either way, I just do not completely agree with the way it went. Also, his posing routine put me to sleep. :e5dunno:

P

Pain

VIP

He gained 7lbs since the Olympia. I don't see the point people make by saying he looks the same. Its not like he can change his genetics or anything.

Savjav

Savjav

He gained 7lbs since the Olympia. I don't see the point people make by saying he looks the same. Its not like he can change his genetics or anything.

agree..
and lol braaq ok man we get it u dont like dex's physique lol i think this is the 4th thread that u cut him down :keke:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
agree..
and lol braaq ok man we get it u dont like dex's physique lol i think this is the 4th thread that u cut him down :keke:

And? :dunnodude:
It's not that I do not like his physique, it is that he is beating people like Heath in the process.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I didn't see it other than the fact his abdomen protruded more (but not much) than normal. He can make improvements to his physique without changing his genetics. Most/many bodybuilders do make improvements or gain size through the years. Dex has been the same, lets hope he can come in bigger like he says he will for the Mr O. But I doubt it will happen.

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He is consistent, but he is also boring like Cutler. They both bring the same package in without making many changes and it gets really boring IMO. Sure Dex is in great condition and symmetrical, but so was Heath. Heath had him on almost every body part, and was just a % off compared to Dex.
Also Dex's arms are very asymmetrical, has high lat insertions, not good definition or separation in his thighs, narrow shoulders with small shoulders to boot, etc. The only thing he does is come in amazing condition, and he owes that to a high metabolism (and his avid cocaine use :keke:)

Its pointless to discuss, because he won and that is that. It could have gone either way, I just do not completely agree with the way it went. Also, his posing routine put me to sleep. :e5dunno:

Damn Braaq, you just explained everything I was just thinking. I think Phil should of won, but they gave it to Dexter.

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey guys, just thought I'd stop by and say hello. well the show is over and i feel good with everything as i feel that i gave it my best effort. as for me peaking 2 wks before, lemme enlighten you guys on something.

1. Ironman has better lighting whereas ASC doesn't
2. Same lineup in ASC (top 5) was not same at Ironman. This is something important as the top 5 ASC guys were at their all-time bests with great conditioning and fullness whereas the Ironman wasn't as competitive with their not being Dex, Kai or Branch.

Ultimately, I had the same conditioning and even more fullness at the ASC, especially at night. I understand how hard it is for many to judge this, but you've gotta see things from multiple angles and at times actually need to be at the show. I met some peeps from this board and I told them the same thing I'm telling you all, "I've got love for my musclemecca peeps!"