• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil vs. Dex Comparison pics (ARNOLD CLASSIC 2008)

• Thread starter Mr.Olympia 2008
  • Start date

Who has it?

• Phil Heath

Votes: 41 42.3%
  • Dexter Jackson

Votes: 56 57.7%

• Total voters
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey guys, just thought I'd stop by and say hello. well the show is over and i feel good with everything as i feel that i gave it my best effort. as for me peaking 2 wks before, lemme enlighten you guys on something.

1. Ironman has better lighting whereas ASC doesn't
2. Same lineup in ASC (top 5) was not same at Ironman. This is something important as the top 5 ASC guys were at their all-time bests with great conditioning and fullness whereas the Ironman wasn't as competitive with their not being Dex, Kai or Branch.

Ultimately, I had the same conditioning and even more fullness at the ASC, especially at night. I understand how hard it is for many to judge this, but you've gotta see things from multiple angles and at times actually need to be at the show. I met some peeps from this board and I told them the same thing I'm telling you all, "I've got love for my musclemecca peeps!"

:xyxthumbs: your the logo for the forum, you better love us! :)

by the way, i had you as the clear cut winner.. love ya bro!

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey guys, just thought I'd stop by and say hello. well the show is over and i feel good with everything as i feel that i gave it my best effort. as for me peaking 2 wks before, lemme enlighten you guys on something.

2. Same lineup in ASC (top 5) was not same at Ironman. This is something important as the top 5 ASC guys were at their all-time bests with great conditioning and fullness whereas the Ironman wasn't as competitive with their not being Dex, Kai or Branch.

Ultimately, I had the same conditioning and even more fullness at the ASC, especially at night. I understand how hard it is for many to judge this, but you've gotta see things from multiple angles and at times actually need to be at the show. I met some peeps from this board and I told them the same thing I'm telling you all, "I've got love for my musclemecca peeps!"

And I was one of those peeps. :hsughr:

Phil, it was great chatting with you and Flex (the other guy doing most of the talking). You seem to be a lot more social with your fans than other bodybuilders and that's certainly a good thing because you will gain tons of respect due to your personality. I watched your DVD when I got home last night, and it's very good. I have one question though, me and another member on here (Tweak) were wondering: How did you manage to get so much mass on the upper part of your forearms?? It's crazy cause we've never seen forearms like yours. Looks like you did a A LOT of forearm work and threw in some sets of hammer curls as well. Well, it was really great talking to you, maybe even more Muscle Mecca members will get to see you sometime in the future or even at next years Arnold. Take care man. :xyxthumbs:

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No problem, it was my pleasure getting to meet you guys at the expo yesterday. I'm so tired now as I'm packing my bags for LA in two hrs for shoots with Weider. As for forearm work, I think they came from doing more free weights with arms and also back training. I've never done specific training for them [forearms] but will soon as I'm gearing up for the Olympia along with every other bodypart. If any members happen to be around an expo or guest posing, be sure to say hey as I've enjoy meeting bodybuilders of all kinds.

Take care!

Phil

Prote

Prote

You did great Phil! Have a good offseason, cant wait to see you in Mr. Olympia!!

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya i met phil as well at the expo, forgot to mention i was from the mecca though... he's truly an awesome dude. Very good with his fans and ya i'll say it again Phil you got robbed! keep doing your thing, your awesome inspiration man.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil you are just awesome. And so fucking young, it`s amazing.

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Thanks Phil for the keeping us up to date. I just wanted to say you looked awesome and keep it up. Can't wait to see you at the Mr. Olympia. God bless !!!

msuman

msuman

Heath looked better at the Ironman, but still edged out Dex at the ASC, imo.

M

Me So JDM

i cant wait untill september lol