• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Robby Robinson Wants Government to Stop Steroids in bodybuilding

warpig

warpig

the federal government should not be involved in any sport....ever.

agreed.... if the government gets involved in sports they can taint it and ruin if for the fans

Zviko

Zviko

I absolutely hate it how normal people view bodybuilding like it's a cult or something :angrydude:to be honest i think it's the best thing that ever happened to my life. It goes to say people hate to see what's different. average life of a black man LOL:methman: some people just dont have the mature nature to appriciate bodybuilding as people seeking the best they can to archieve as best they can a perfect physique, except they just auomatically yell "GAY" thts hw it goes:linedrunk:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
please explain to me how the actual bodybuilding contests could possibly be considered a sport.
Well you have to view it as.....no
It is kinda like.........no
Well gymnastics is based on points not.........no that doesn't work either.

Yep since they removed the muscle control and feats of strength features back in the 1960's it has been a "male beauty contest".:xyxthumbs:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the federal government should not be involved in any sport....ever.

x4

Besides this is an international sport, not an American sport. Although I do believe the use is excessive, people will do what they want to do regardless. If it brings in fans an money to the sport then IMO so be it. Bodybuilders are fully aware of what they are doing to themselves and it should be their freedom to make that choice.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that would completely ruin this sport for me...

X10

this is ridiculous. to those who think what he is saying should be carried through take a step into the real world. the sport would die.

STFU>robby robinson

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well you have to view it as.....no
It is kinda like.........no
Well gymnastics is based on points not.........no that doesn't work either.

Yep since they removed the muscle control and feats of strength features back in the 1960's it has been a "male beauty contest".:xyxthumbs:

how dare any of you insult bodybuilding like this on a BODYBUILDING FORUM. bodybuilding is a culmination of effort and dedication that all adds up to the end result which is the finished product, which is the contest day physique. massive physical effort must be put in to achieve that final product.

seriously what a piece of shit thing to say calling it a "male beauty pagent". if you were joking then please disregard.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
please explain to me how the actual bodybuilding contests could possibly be considered a sport.

Your kidding me right? Then I could say the same for Golf and many would say the same thing to me. Clearly you have not stepped onstage, it is not your typical sport.. but it is a sport none the less.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
massive physical effort must be put in to achieve that final product.

Completely agree. I just filled out a form for a scholarship at put the contest I did as the greatest achievment ive done because I did it senior year of highschool while attending culinary school on the side. Imagine the temptation :angrydude:. Alot of people dont no the dedication and effort needed to compete for nothing because pros are the only ones that get something.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your kidding me right? Then I could say the same for Golf and many would say the same thing to me. Clearly you have not stepped onstage, it is not your typical sport.. but it is a sport none the less.

very well said

the people who claim bbing is not a sport purely off of the fact that shows are not (overly) physically demanding are being unbelievably ignorant to the effort and physical exertion/toll it takes to prepare for a show or to live the life of a true bodybuilder, or just being assholes to real bodybuilders in an effort to insult what they love.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Fucking thank you man... I was afraid I was the only one that thought that way.

I still believe that BBing is not considered a sport because even the people who love it say it's not worthy. That's bullshit, the only way to make it more appealing and more mass-friendly is by believing in it ourselves.

Thinking it's a male beauty thing only degrades it, even more if it comes from the mouth of a guy who likes the sport. Tech, I am deeply saddened by your comments.

Yeah, the internet is serious business like that. I am disappointed.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Robby Robinson is an idiot, he is quick to blame his low B-12 levels on steroid use? Shows his complete lack of knowledge and like most he is quick to point a finger at steroids. There was actually a study that came out of Tufts University that found that as many as 40 percent of healthy men and women have low levels of B-12 -- and those levels were deficient even though the people were eating diets that has as much as three times the recommended daily intake of B-12. But his must be because of his past steroid use... :jerkoff1:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thank God braaq is talking some sense in here

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how dare any of you insult bodybuilding like this on a BODYBUILDING FORUM. bodybuilding is a culmination of effort and dedication that all adds up to the end result which is the finished product, which is the contest day physique. massive physical effort must be put in to achieve that final product.

seriously what a piece of shit thing to say calling it a "male beauty pagent". if you were joking then please disregard.
:dunnodude: Interesting response :jerkoff1:
It was part joking part serious: I'll address both aspects.

Sports are meant to be a physical endevour that requires some display of skill, speed or athleticism that is greater than the opponents that can be measured. For football it is one team using their skills to score points, golf ditto, running it is speed, etc etc. The fringes is where judged sports lay. This is where a physical activity is awarded points for execution of an event; gymnastics, diving, equestrian etc.

So BBing does not display the physical endevour directly or recieve points for the execution of said same (although the later point could be argued from the point of view of posing routines). What it does do is more similar to beauty pagents where the end result of "primping" is displayed to best effect. So it is fair to state that BBing has more in common with beauty pagents than it does with sports.

But this isn't to say that I view BBing as anything other than a sport. I know the effort involved and the prep required. I like how this statement denegrated to name calling and direct insults without actually asking for my actual opinion on the subject first :angrydude:

Now as to it being a joke: at no time did I state that it was my opinion. My post was merely to highlight how hard it is to justify BBing as a sport to lay people.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Tim290280
What it does do is more similar to beauty pagents where the end result of "primping" is displayed to best effect. So it is fair to state that BBing has more in common with beauty pagents than it does with sports.

:io:

way to derive your opinion based on the general population's perception of it and looking at it purely superficially, as braaq sayed before, it's obvious when one has never competed before.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
way to derive your opinion based on the general population's perception of it and looking at it purely superficially, as braaq sayed before, it's obvious when one has never competed before.
You need to learn to read young man.
Tim the legend said:
But this isn't to say that I view BBing as anything other than a sport. I know the effort involved and the prep required. I like how this statement denegrated to name calling and direct insults without actually asking for my actual opinion on the subject first

Now as to it being a joke: at no time did I state that it was my opinion. My post was merely to highlight how hard it is to justify BBing as a sport to lay people.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You need to learn to read young man.

if this isn't your opinion, why in the world are you bringing it up? why would you call, or "insinuate", that bodybuilding has more affinity to a beauty pagent than a sport?

obviously none of us, or at least not the bodybuilders, want to hear why our sport is more like a woman's pagent than a sport where blood sweat and tears go into presenting the best physique possible. if this isn't your opinion, quit arguing for whatever point it is your trying to prove.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if this isn't your opinion, why in the world are you bringing it up? why would you call, or "insinuate", that bodybuilding has more affinity to a beauty pagent than a sport?

obviously none of us, or at least not the bodybuilders, want to hear why our sport is more like a woman's pagent than a sport where blood sweat and tears go into presenting the best physique possible. if this isn't your opinion, quit arguing for whatever point it is your trying to prove.
Seriously you need to learn to read; this is getting ridiculous.
Tim the legend said:
A fair point considering how people were talking about mass appeal of the sport.