• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Robby Robinson Wants Government to Stop Steroids in bodybuilding

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seriously you need to learn to read; this is getting ridiculous.

A fair point considering how people were talking about mass appeal of the sport.

um seriously i did read your post, and um seriously why in the world would you argue for the opposing side if that is in fact not what you believe? we all get that this is a cult sport and has very little mass appeal. and the arguement on "mass appeal" in this thread is about steroids and how they inhibit the public from accepting bbing, NOT because they don't find it to be a sport for whatever reason. the scarlet letter bbing carries is steroid usage and that alone is predominately why people are not accepting of it. this thread is more about why the public refuse to accpet bodybuilding, not whether or not they think it's a sport. there is a difference.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I'll be honest, it's 3:30am and I've been drinking and I haven't read all the posts....but if you consider bodybuilding contests to be a sport, then Miss America is a sport too.

13504124hq6-1.png

spelling bees and dog shows are more exciting than bodybuilding contests....thus they get dedicated coverage every year from major television stations.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll be honest, it's 3:30am and I've been drinking and I haven't read all the posts....but if you consider bodybuilding contests to be a sport, then Miss America is a sport too.

13504124hq6-1.png

spelling bees and dog shows are more exciting than bodybuilding contests....thus they get dedicated coverage every year from major television stations.

:no:

i hope i speak for all the bodybuilders on here when i say :stoofoo: and :weaksuace:.

if you dislike bodybuilding shows so much and think spelling bees are more exciting, why don't you go join a different forum. ridiculous. i could care less that your an admin. maybe it goes to show you shouldn't be one when you post something like this on a forum where over 3/4's or so are bodybuilders. you obviously aren't one.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow tech, that post is kinda shocking to read, especially when it comes from one of the admins of this forum. i gotta ask, like duality, why are u even a posting on a bodybuilding board, if that is ur perception of the sport and what goes into it?

one thing is to not be all that into it as alot of others are, but to post this stuff, and basically drag the sport through the mud and ridiculing it infront of thousands of bodybuilders on this board. i gotta say im alittle shocked...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i'm sure he'll use alcohol as an excuse for how he really feels. he meant what he said. and it has no place here. if you feel that way about bodybuilding tech go join a men's fitness forum, or better yet, a dog show forum! you seem to find those exciting!

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally I think bodybuilding shows are exciting. If you compete than its awesome to watch others. Secondly if you are a good judge at bodybuilding which i feel I am its fun to analyze the bodybuilders and decide who you think should win. I agree with duality that everyone hsouldnt be ripping on our SPORT which is bodybuilding.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
That was shocking for an admin of this "Bodybuilding forum" to say such a thing. I mean why say that, and if you think that! then why the hell are you on this forum, like duality said, shouldn't you be on a dog forum or something then if you find that more appealing :wutyousay:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
oh noes. I have a different opinion than you guys, I should be banished from the internets.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Tech
oh noes. I have a different opinion than you guys, I should be banished from the internets.

way to trivalize it when you know no one wants to hear your "opinion" when that "opinion" goes against the very backbone this forum was built on. you shouldn't be banished from anything, but you shouldn't be here.

maybe you don't understand, i'll clear it up for you; people don't join bodybuilding forums because they dislike bodybuilding or find a need to knock it, they join it because it is an understood general consensus that those that join support and take interest in bodybuilding and enjoy discussing it and current events pertaining to it. your bad.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

you see absolutely no problem in u as an admin of a bbing forum stating that bbing is more dull than dog contests? ure allowed to have that opinion, i just think its weird that u would say something like that.

and i gotta ask this question again, why are u hanging around so much on a bodybuilding forum if ure not slightly interested in bbing?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP

Ok, well if you do have different opinions and that is your opinion about the sport of Bodybuilding, then why the hell are you on this forum never mind an admin. :angrydude:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just curious how do you become an admin. Did you guys create the site or what. I no its off topic but just curious.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Blasphemy! We need to ban Tech and burn him at the stakes!!!!

R

Ruhlforever

Pure shit, steroids will always be an entire part of our sport and any sport everywhere, anytime, since its application is for general health for Hypogonadism, and other wasting conditions, steroids play and played a critical role in our sport, just imagine that since 1940 steroids have been extensively used, even our dear Arnold, our dear Zane, our dear Oliva, everyone, everybody has used steroids.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech is allowed to have his opinion, so what if it is the way it is? Maybe he just likes exercising, staying fit, proper nutrition, plus all the other random shit we talk about?

Not saying bodybuilding isn't a sport, but is it really different from Miss America? Lets not nitpick into the training/nutrition needed to get on stage, of course those are grueling, but both are basically just standing on stage, and being judged on arbitrary criteria with some minor guidelines.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Ironslave
Not saying bodybuilding isn't a sport, but is it really different from Miss America? Lets not nitpick into the training/nutrition needed to get on stage, of course those are grueling,

jesus you just basically brushed off all the hard work a bber does, and you call it nitpicking???

but both are basically just standing on stage, and being judged on arbitrary criteria with some minor guidelines.

great....just great. why would you lower yourself to the general public's perception of it? wanna know what i hear a lot? "a bunch of guys in thongs flexing" makes me want to slap whoever said it across the face for trivializing it to nothing and having complete disregard for the effort it takes to look like that.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Blasphemy! We need to ban Tech and burn him at the stakes!!!!

More like send him to admin a jailbate site, instead of a BBing one. Which he clearly does not like enough.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
It's laughable how worked up some people in this thread are getting. Personally I'm enjoying myself. Instead of insinuating what the ramifications of Robinson's moral objections to drug use why not consider the fact that nothing will be done about what he's said? I doubt the government is going to react now that some former athlete, whom they've never heard of, is opposed to steroids.

Also, there's far more going on with Tech's postings than you guys are noticing or giving him credit for. That being said, he should still be banished from the site because that's democracy for you.