• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Split Training - All wrong!

D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i want to talk about it more, i want an open discussion about it

J

jornT

danimalmax22 said:
i want to talk about it more, i want an open discussion about it

There's nothimg to discuss about it. More frequent stimulation = growth.

D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dont be an a-hole, discussion is a good way of learning more about stuff

J

jornT

danimalmax22 said:
dont be an a-hole, discussion is a good way of learning more about stuff

Call me a a-hole again and get your ass banned you a-hole!

Serieusly, there's nothing to discuss.

Science and real life experience both indicate that frequency of at least 2 times a week work better. What else would you like to know?

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
danimalmax22 said:
but ive been doing one body part per day and went from 165 to 200 pounds lean.. although i kind of do want to try this out, i just get a weird feeling about it, maybe i'll just go for it and see what happens, nothing to lose, right?

Hmm thats fucked up i went from 165 to 210 in a little under a year, i was using a push/pull routine with a separate day for legs. But then again i changed my diet drastically too. Im really pumped about this topic and am starting a 4 day a week upper/lower split.

D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jornT said:
Call me a a-hole again and get your ass banned you a-hole!

Serieusly, there's nothing to discuss.

Science and real life experience both indicate that frequency of at least 2 times a week work better. What else would you like to know?

:phone:

D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you are being kind of rude if u look at it, im not even putting this program down as an ignorant person or anything, i just want to learn more about this subject, and i find i learn things best while discussing it with others rather than reading long papers on my own, i was merely hoping others with experience or greater knowledge would like to "discuss" the topic with me so i could learn more about the how's and why's, i already understand that this type of program works better, but experience, discussion, etc obviously gives a person a better understanding of things, basically, a few days ago i just learned about this type of training by the exposure of rocky's article post and i became very interested in it, surely u dont expect me to be completely satisfied with the knowledge presented in that article? i just want to know more

J

jornT

danimalmax22 said:
you are being kind of rude if u look at it, im not even putting this program down as an ignorant person or anything, i just want to learn more about this subject, and i find i learn things best while discussing it with others rather than reading long papers on my own, i was merely hoping others with experience or greater knowledge would like to "discuss" the topic with me so i could learn more about the how's and why's, i already understand that this type of program works better, but experience, discussion, etc obviously gives a person a better understanding of things, basically, a few days ago i just learned about this type of training by the exposure of rocky's article post and i became very interested in it, surely u dont expect me to be completely satisfied with the knowledge presented in that article? i just want to know more

Yes I know, but you can't expect me to start out giving random info about it. Ask questions and I'll answer them if I can.
Your only question so far was, does this work for mass and I said yes, now move on with the next!

D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fine, b-hole (haha that doesnt count!) just kidding, anyway, if repetitive stimulation instead of anhilation works better with this system, would i be overtraining if i did it everyother day instead of just m w f and the weekend off?

J

jornT

danimalmax22 said:
fine, b-hole (haha that doesnt count!) just kidding, anyway, if repetitive stimulation instead of anhilation works better with this system, would i be overtraining if i did it everyother day instead of just m w f and the weekend off?

Depends.

Overtraining soesn't happen, unless you suck :yarly:

First of all, if you're used to to once a week split training, first do twice a week training.

ub/lb for example.

Start that with relative low wolume and work it up.

After that, do fullbody every other day, but start with low volume again, Work your way up. The body can pretty much handle whatever you throw at it, if you give it the change to recover. And that doesn't mean recover between every workout.

Train 3 weeks, then in week 4 do half the volume of week 3.

For example (very basic and short discription)

Week 1 x sets

Week 2 x+ 5 sets

Week 3 x + 10 sets

Week 4 (x+10)/2 sets

Week 5 x + 10 sets

Week 6 x + 12 sets

Week 7 x + 14 sets

Week 8 (x+ 14)/2 sets

week 9 and on x + 15 sets

No the numbers are totally random, I'm not saying add 14 sets in 8 weeks or something, just to give you an idea how to work the volume up. What you also can see, don't add the volume endlessly. It's steay from week 9 on.

After keeping it steady for 3 weeks and a deload week after that, go for a higher frequency for example.

How this makes sense to you. It just shows that weight and reps aren't the only variables.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the info, i was kind of interested in ub/lb but kind of decided with the full body m w f workout, as i put in my log, think that'll be okay for now?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jornT said:
There's nothimg to discuss about it. More frequent stimulation = growth.

You need to rest also. When do you reach the point when frequent is getting too frequent...?

Big Nasty

Big Nasty

i was reading in my personal trainer manual and there it says for bodybuilding clients they should use 3-6 sets,rest 30-90 second rest and train each bodypart 2 a week and in some study´s shown that training each bodypart 3x a week is benefical.i was like wtf is it based on natural bodybuilding or something like that?? becouse i feel that if i train once a week everybodypart i get bigger on that than 2x a week

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was reading in my personal trainer manual and there it says for bodybuilding clients they should use 3-6 sets,rest 30-90 second rest and train each bodypart 2 a week and in some study´s shown that training each bodypart 3x a week is benefical.i was like wtf is it based on natural bodybuilding or something like that?? becouse i feel that if i train once a week everybodypart i get bigger on that than 2x a week
Depending on how you structure your training you can as a natural lift for a body part 4x week. I'm doing three x pw at the moment myself. The more regularly you stimulate the muscles the more stimulation and oportunities it has to grow.............. within reason.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So does an Upper/lower split like this look fine

day 1 Upper
day 2 Lower
day 3 Cardio/off
day 4 upper
day 5Lower
day 6 Cardio/off
day 7 off

I really like this way of training more than my previous split. My older split didnt have as much frequency in it. Ive also noticed some of my problems have cleared up from doing this split. My rotary cuff no longer aches and my back is coming up too.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
The more regularly you stimulate the muscles the more stimulation and oportunities it has to grow.............. within reason.

Exactly. Protein synthesis stops w/in 48 hours after training a muscle anyways.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
German_Joe said:
So does an Upper/lower split like this look fine

day 1 Upper
day 2 Lower
day 3 Cardio/off
day 4 upper
day 5Lower
day 6 Cardio/off
day 7 off

I really like this way of training more than my previous split. My older split didnt have as much frequency in it. Ive also noticed some of my problems have cleared up from doing this split. My rotary cuff no longer aches and my back is coming up too.

Looks pretty good to me. Of course what exercises you're doing within this split will make the difference too!

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
Looks pretty good to me. Of course what exercises you're doing within this split will make the difference too!

The exericises were mostly compounds like rows, presses, deadlifts, squat, bench the only iso movements were legcurl, pushdowns and curls

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Sounds pretty solid to me!

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think I'm convinced! i'll try it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes...no point in me doing it now coz I'm just coming back from injury and I could anything and still grow so it'll be at least 3-4 weeks until I'll get into it