• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Split Training - All wrong!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Super slow while inducing hypertrophy is a cummulative fatigue method that relies on lactate accumulation to trigger growth hormone release. So rather than actively recruiting higher threshold motor units to tax type 2 fibres, you rely on fatigue to recruit and trigger growth here.

This is counterproductive for athletes or anyone who wants to be "functional" (think being able to have marathon sex sessions) and also anyone who wants to exhibit power. Plus the fatigue element means that training will make you pay for the rest of the week, so goodbye to being able to work at your job without any issues (even sitting all day causes me to cramp up after fatiguing sessions). When there are other avenues that are superior in both lifestyle and functional mass building aspects they are immediately better choices.

So not productive.

F

First_Set

^^ Very interesting. I would still recommend to someone you never tried it to do it for 1 month. As you said this kind of training is very hard on your system. You sure need a lot of rest. When I did this training I got a lot of progress.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good thread, put it in the stickies for newbies, since moving far away from flex magazine type split rountines my gains in strength have been so much better as well as my gains in size....it almost seems ridiculous when i rember the 20 set bicep routines i used to perform......

T

ThatArmyKid

You have a point about the box thing because yesterday i was at a party and when i had to take the huge speaker to a room the first thing i did was kinda power clean it up onto my shoulder

but still i'm not to fond of Full body routines i like doing splits

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i like training split wise, feel im able to focus more on each individual muscle, i have been thinking about a push/pull routine though...

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i like training split wise, feel im able to focus more on each individual muscle, i have been thinking about a push/pull routine though...

Do it! :spy:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ more growth, higher anerobic threshold (read higher metabolic rate for longer), better strength especially on first exercises........... etc

blaz86

blaz86

I wan't to add deadlifts :ughnoes:

Overhead Dumbbell or Barbell Press: 2 sets of 8 to 10 reps
Squats: 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps
Barbell or Dumbbell Flat Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
Chins or Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps
Dips or Close Grip Bench Press: 1 to 2 sets of 8 reps
Deadlift: 1 set of 5 reps
Barbell or Dumbbell Curls: 1 to 2 sets of 8 reps
Standing or Donkey Calf Raises: 2 to 3 sets of 12 to 20 reps

Is this be ok or would i over train my lower back?:uhoh2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^you could alter between squats and deads. For example On mon squats on wed deads on fri squat again.

D

danimalmax

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Super slow while inducing hypertrophy is a cummulative fatigue method that relies on lactate accumulation to trigger growth hormone release. So rather than actively recruiting higher threshold motor units to tax type 2 fibres, you rely on fatigue to recruit and trigger growth here.

This is counterproductive for athletes or anyone who wants to be "functional" (think being able to have marathon sex sessions) and also anyone who wants to exhibit power. Plus the fatigue element means that training will make you pay for the rest of the week, so goodbye to being able to work at your job without any issues (even sitting all day causes me to cramp up after fatiguing sessions). When there are other avenues that are superior in both lifestyle and functional mass building aspects they are immediately better choices.

So not productive.

plus that routine he posted sucked too, lol

hugegunns

hugegunns

Question

I have a problem with this split routine being wrong thread, I've seen lots of pro's doing routines in videos (training or commercial) and in real life. Let me think have I ever seen any pro doing a push/pull routine or a pro doing a HIIT routine. NO, all I've ever seen is pro's doing split rountines. Sure they will promote all these other hyped routines, but when it comes crunch time it split routine and nothing else. I'm sure you can build a great beach body with all the other hyped routines out there, but you will never see a pro in crunch time fooling around with anything else.:dunnodude:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a problem with this split routine being wrong thread, I've seen lots of pro's doing routines in videos (training or commercial) and in real life. Let me think have I ever seen any pro doing a push/pull routine or a pro doing a HIIT routine. NO, all I've ever seen is pro's doing split rountines. Sure they will promote all these other hyped routines, but when it comes crunch time it split routine and nothing else. I'm sure you can build a great beach body with all the other hyped routines out there, but you will never see a pro in crunch time fooling around with anything else.:dunnodude:

Your right but keep in mind that these pros are using very helpfull "sups". Split training isnt all wrong. It has worked for years and it will work for some peopel now. Everybody is different and everybody need a different type of stimulation. Tho research has shown that natural athletes benifid more from frequent stimulation like ub/lb or fb.

hugegunns

hugegunns

I would like to say great follow-up post Philo. I figured I would be flamed for this post and presented with tons of PHD articles, but that was well put. Repped bro!

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This thread is so freaking amazing and such a good read....mi piace molto!!!

S

Slabbefusk

Could someone with a bit of an uneven musculure substitute the big bilateral exercises for some unilateral for a while just to even things out?

Might be an obvious answer but I just want to know if it affects the progress one could make.

Also, is there any idea in doing like a heavy day/medium day/light day throughout the week as to stimulate the muscles differently or could a change in exercises for every session handle that better?

A

asdf

slabbefusk said:
Could someone with a bit of an uneven musculure substitute the big bilateral exercises for some unilateral for a while just to even things out?

Might be an obvious answer but I just want to know if it affects the progress one could make.

Also, is there any idea in doing like a heavy day/medium day/light day throughout the week as to stimulate the muscles differently or could a change in exercises for every session handle that better?
Yes working with dumbells/single limb would be of benefit. Better to fix the imbalances first so that progress and injuries don't kill your results later. But don't ditch the barbell entirely, a lot of the single leg stuff is best done with a barbell for proper glute and hamstring activation (bulgarians, lunges, split squats, etc). Dumbell bench, rows, chinups (ok maybe not), SLDL, shoulder presses, plus the one limbed stuff on hammy curls, leg presses, bench press, rows are all good.

As for H/M/L days, this is what old routines from the 50's used. I'd prefer to see H/M/L exercises in each day so that it works across the week. So you end up doing legs each day but one day is H/M/L and another part worked would be the opposite.

S

Slabbefusk

So, If I went heavy on my legs one day and light on the chest, I would do heavy chest and light legwork the other day and so on?

Lisu

Lisu

I always choose FBW above Split training. Don't know why but I always felt better after FB... Now I know I'm going the good way