• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Split Training - All wrong!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^I've just recently started back on a fullbody routine and it's working a treat.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I personally prefer upper/lower ones, i just find it very taxing doing things like squats, chins, deads all in the same day, but i think a split like German_Joe posted is great

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lets see if i understood, this is based on:

moving great weights on basic exercices
NOT hammering or exausting any muscle
and touching same muscle 2-3 times a day depending on how you feel

?

and what about going to failure? never? last serie?
and how many repetitions? didnt saw it or i skipped it :(

next routine will be this or upperbody/lowerbody for sure thx rocky

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
deathmaggot said:

?

and how many repetitions? didnt saw it or i skipped it :(

To failure or not is a hard one. There are no absolute awnsers on that. Imo it can be done but not every workout. Use it once in a while. In other sessions try to avoid it and stay 1 or 2 reps away from it.
For the reps i would go 5-8 reps or 10-12 (or even12-15). You can used both in a session or split a heavy/low rep day with more reps/less heavy day. You could also work with periodization.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

?

and how many repetitions? didnt saw it or i skipped it

Um 2-3 times a week not a day. If your doing multiple sessions a day I hope that you are a full time athlete with nothing else to do, or have help from a friendly Mexican pharmacist.

Repitions is based on what muscle quality you are trying to exercise. So whatever.

To failure has the increased likelyhood of DOMS, which will make training that muscle again that week hard. But this also depends on the definition. Cummulative fatigue can have you fail a rep and be well short of really reaching muscular failure. I personally prefer to keep failure out of the training as much as possible. Research done (mainly by HIT jedi) has shown no benefit of multi sets all done to failure. So if you want to get appropriate volume it is best that the sets be shy of failure, until the last one for that muscle (and even then its not a great idea).

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thank you both

yes i typed 3-4 times a days instead 3-4 times a week sorry

well, considering my history, i think the more radical change would be:

3 days per week fullbody, 4 sets 6-8 reps NO failure, and starting with arms and doing only basic exercices

then, after 2 months take more decisions like increase the reps or ...

thanks again mates

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
German_Joe said:
So does an Upper/lower split like this look fine

day 1 Upper
day 2 Lower
day 3 Cardio/off
day 4 upper
day 5Lower
day 6 Cardio/off
day 7 off

I really like this way of training more than my previous split. My older split didnt have as much frequency in it. Ive also noticed some of my problems have cleared up from doing this split. My rotary cuff no longer aches and my back is coming up too.

interesting routine too, how much sets and reps you used?

I

intraining87

would you guys advise trying a workout like this during a cutting time or not? just during a bulking?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
intraining87 said:
would you guys advise trying a workout like this during a cutting time or not? just during a bulking?

you can always use it, bulking or cutting it doesnt matter. When cutting its all about the cals. You need to burn more than you eat. Which training style you isnt all that improtant only be carefull with the volume especially when cutting.

I

intraining87

like take it easier on the cutting phase becasue of the recovery time? or what do mean? less frequently?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
intraining87 said:
like take it easier on the cutting phase becasue of the recovery time? or what do mean? less frequently?

Jep because of the recovery time you need to cut some volume so instead of doing 4 sets use 2-3 sets but still use heavy weights. Dont train less frequent. Frequency is one of the key facors for hypertrophy. The lowest you could go is hitting the muscle ever 5th day.

MuscleHead

MuscleHead

Reg park used steroids and Steeve reeves

Testosterone was first synthesised in 1935 by the team of Butenandt and Ruzicka (1935 Nobel Prize for Chemistry).

Serriously it was legal back then?

Everyone thinks Arnold brought them in but the truth is people used them. Even the so called "naturals" who claim they did not. (They are the same as Gustavo all NATURAL:49: )

Don't believe me look at Bil Pearls oppinions of Reeves and Parks. Natural my ass

I

intraining87

all i know is i tried that workout on the first page of this.. kicked my ass.. i had been doing split training for awhile now.. thanks for this one.. im goin to stick with it for awhile and see where is gets me.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
intraining87 said:
all i know is i tried that workout on the first page of this.. kicked my ass.. i had been doing split training for awhile now.. thanks for this one.. im goin to stick with it for awhile and see where is gets me.

Good to hear. Frequency is the key m8 as long as you keep the volume low. you dont need to do a lot of excersises 2 for the big muscle groups and 1 for bis/tri. Keep up the good work

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my gym membership ran out 2 days ago.. im going to renew it tomorow... i htink i might try this fullbody 3x week thingo

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mygeeto said:
my gym membership ran out 2 days ago.. im going to renew it tomorow... i htink i might try this fullbody 3x week thingo

:xyxthumbs:

F

First_Set

The hardest training I ever did was the super slow( hyper slow... I don't know how to call it). It was a fullbody routine.
As an exemple on on the leg press , you take 8 sec to push the weight up and 4 sec the lower it.
between 8-10 reps/set

The complete training was the following:
leg press 3 sets
leg curl 3 set
Chest press 3 sets
Pulldown 3 sets
Concentrate curl 3 sets
Arnold Press 3 sets
Lying extension 3 sets

give it a try

tim290280

tim290280