• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Road to Humiliation: My First PL Meets

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
none.

Haven't had much luck finding a PL coach in Manhattan....

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Good to see another super wide sumo lifter hehe

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Maybe you might want to try and hunt down a few articles or vids about meet prep, warm-ups and lift calls.

Then post them up for me to read. :borat:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Are you gonna be goin to UQ at all to get some coaching Ben?

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hell, I'm hoping to meet some other lifters in Newark who live near me, maybe get a training partner. I'm sick of being the only idiot who squats in my gym.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Hell, I'm hoping to meet some other lifters in Newark who live near me, maybe get a training partner. I'm sick of being the only idiot who squats in my gym.

I wish I was the only idiot who squatted in my gym. It would stop the revulsion I feel towards the highschool football squad quarter squatters who are often next to me.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I wish I was the only idiot who squatted in my gym. It was stop the revulsion I feel towards the highschool football squad quarter squatters who are often next to me.

Pretty much, yeah.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Quick question for any PL people:

Do they allow ammonia capsules at meets? Should I try some? Anybody try them?

I also found a great way to soften my new belt. I hang it on the wall inside of my bathroom, even when I shower. The heat and humidity has taken alot of stiffness out of it.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just came across your log. I'm not too far from Newark (Nutley, right next to Belleville). We've got similar lifts. I weigh around 140-145 when I'm not in wrestling season.
Bench 235, dead 315, and squat 285 (and if you can't tell from the avi, I live for ass to grass squats) So we're pretty close in lifts. Maybe we could have a work out someday.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just came across your log. I'm not too far from Newark (Nutley, right next to Belleville). We've got similar lifts. I weigh around 140-145 when I'm not in wrestling season.
Bench 235, dead 315, and squat 285 (and if you can't tell from the avi, I live for ass to grass squats) So we're pretty close in lifts. Maybe we could have a work out someday.

Not a bad idea. Hell, we should both enter the same meet sometime. We could even compete in the same weight-class. The competition would be great!

Let me know if you're ever in Manhattan.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not a bad idea. Hell, we should both enter the same meet sometime. We could even compete in the same weight-class. The competition would be great!

Let me know if you're ever in Manhattan.
Once wrestling season is over, I'll see to that. It'd be good motivation for me to get back on my feet.
I'm actually at Manhattan on Sundays sometimes, but that's for church. I can easily take a bus there, though.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Got on the scale this morning, a whopping 150. Right on target for the meet.

Yesterday, deadlifted, doubled 285 fairly well. Still hoping to squat and dead 2xBW and bench 250. Did a solid, paused bench of 235x2 last week, had more in the tank.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, today sucked.

It started off well. I got on the scale and weighed 148 on the dot. Right at the weight I want to be at for the competition in two weeks. Happily, I went off to the gym.

Then I got buried with sets of 100 kilos.

No shit, you say. Drop weight and you lose strength, DUH.

Wendler and Tate were right. Forget about making weight at your first meet. Since I'm at the weight I need to be now, I'm hoping I can add some more carbs and gain a little bit more strength back.

For my next competition, (Aug 7th) FUCK MAKING WEIGHT. I'll lift at 165 and risk being a wee bit pudgy.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Pudgy is they way to go mate.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last Bench Day Before the Meet:

Actually went well. 245 went up like air, me weighing a mighty 150. I think I'll be good for 260, possibly 265 at the meet.

Also, did two sets of dips with 75 pounds strapped to my waist. They were full reps, acute angle to arms straight. Will go heavier in the future.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Awesome work on the press dude!

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last deadlift day before meet. Doubled 305 and it FELT HEAVY.

Man, dieting sucks. (this is the last time I'll say that.....)

Commandment 1# Don't over diet for a meet!

Still, a double at 305 dead at 148 is more than 2xBW, not good, but not bad, either. Just want to repeat it at the meet, then go back to adding muscle and weight. I might hit a single in the 320's or 30s if I can add some more carbs.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heading to Newark right after work tomorrow.

One day left till the meet! Will report back on Sunday with pics and such.

Deity

Deity

Suck it in :thumbsup2: - Good luck, LD.