• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sounds like u have been a busy man, but it is good to know u are still lifting.

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good luck with the job interviews Tim and thanks for keeping us up to date.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Trained again last night and had a good one. Bench is finally working the chest rather than the shoulders. This workout I saw stars after the lunges (they absolutely kill me) and standing overhead presses. The later was not the best time for this.

Job interviews went well, and I've been invited to speak at the international Agronomy conference in November (Indianapolis). I've also just been told that I need to submit a presentation today for a conference next week that I'd completely forgotten (local ones you just don't have to plan for the same).

And my footy team has made the finals so I need to glue myself to the TV for the next few weekends until they win the premiership!!!! Go Eagles!

Mango

Mango

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice to hear tim

good luck buddy

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glad your getting it all together mate. I had a shite benching session last week. All in the shoulders and not the chest. Put it right this week though!

That's great news about speaking at the conference and submitting a presentation for another. Congrats on that.

F

fistacuffs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Congrats on the guest speaking spot at that conference!! best of luck in your job interviews man! Hope you land the job you want!!

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lunges sounded brutal in the last workout tim, those always kill me too, some solid looking shit bro:xyxthumbs:

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sounds like things are going good for you mate, good on getting to speak at the conference also everytime I bench for chest it feels like its working the sholders and not the chest

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fottball Fan said:
also everytime I bench for chest it feels like its working the sholders and not the chest
I've found that the impingement has lead to a weakening of the shoulder muscles, but also a tendency to load the shoulders. The loading is because of the improved positioning of the shoulders and the lack of anterior movement during the lift. I'm now feeling it in the chest because I backed off the weight by about 15kg and concentrated on contraction and with correct shoulder placement and stability. I had it correct at lighter weights (higher reps) but the heavier loading has thrown this out. Just learning the movement pattern correctly again.

This is why I was arguing about using correct technique and continuously revisiting it in the thread about loose form in the training forum. So easy to end up with problems.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to see you geting your training going around your shoulder prob and that it's not affecting it too much. Sounds like you're a busy chap at the mo - but looks like all is well which is good to see! All the best buddy - keep it up.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just to update and say that I've still been hitting the iron. Also been getting into a bit of yoga. Most stretching comes from yoga so it really is just an organised routine of stretching, and actually stretches better as you learn to position yourself correctly.

I did something a little different last night, as I was a bit too post coitial to do my scheduled workout. So instead I did some fun stuff. I did some cleans which I then bradford pressed into place behind my neck and walked across my yard and did lunges on the way back. I got up to 100kg before I couldn't press it into place anymore. Then I did some dumbbell snatches, then some one arm bench presses (with a dumbbell), and some thick grip bicep curls (2.5" grip).

Good fun, and I got a fair bit out of it.

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for keep the your log updated Tim. Looks like things are going well. Props for the Yoga too mate. If it's one more thing I'd like to be (as well as a huge muscular mofo!), it'd be more flexible. I imagine the benefits to be quite useful, for the mind as well as the body.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Project Evo said:
I imagine the benefits to be quite useful, for the mind as well as the body.
I don't really buy into that transendental bullshit. I can see that doing yoga has many benefits beyond stretching, as you really do relax and unwind. This has got to be useful to the modern day stress bunnys we are. But as far as the granola crunching hippie side of it, well thats why I do it at home to keep away from those fruit cakes.

There definitely is a difference between stretching and yoga though. Most stretches are yoga poses, but done without the thinking of the body as a whole unit. Stretching is the BBing of flexibility, yoga is the athlete, as one seeks to isolate, the other seeks to improve balance.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like the fact that you mix things up Tim - both in your out and out weight training and with the addition of yoga too. Can only be a benefit.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
An update if you will.

I had a great weekend. My footy team "The West Coast Eagles" won the premiership. I managed to shout myself horse, drink enough beer to leave me battling the next day, and decided that having a kick of the football on paved concrete would be good for my knee.

Needless to say my knee is the size of a balloon and is really eating into my training week. Could be worse, I could have decided to drive home after the drinking......(I couldn't even walk straight!)

Funny thing happened with training the other day. I was doing bench and the new weight was beyond me, I got half the reps I should have. So I backed off to the previous weeks weight and proceeded to do a several sets of 8. Now I used that weight for sets of 5 the week previous.... There's something to even acidentally doing post tentanic facilitation.

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
I don't really buy into that transendental bullshit. I can see that doing yoga has many benefits beyond stretching, as you really do relax and unwind. This has got to be useful to the modern day stress bunnys we are. But as far as the granola crunching hippie side of it, well thats why I do it at home to keep away from those fruit cakes.

this had me pissing myself laughing, infact everyone in the house is looking at me like WTF is he on.:bowroflarms:
Sorry to here the knee blew up, but boys will be boys on grand final day, fuck it ya gotta have some kinda fun bro.
.....And i won't even pretend that I am into the scientific side of training enough to understand what it is, let alone how post tentanic facilitation helped, but I'm glad it helped you.:e5dunno:

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well sounds like u partied hard tim, that's cool though u gotta celebratem especially since ur team kicked ass. well the bad thing is that u messed up ur knee, but hopefully it will be a quick recovery.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The knee should be fine. It seems that whenever I go and run around and then change directions too much that it swells up like mad. Straight line no problems, but cutting......

I'd say its because I didn't do enough running in the early stages of rehab, but it shouldn't be too bad. I'm more concerned about the scar tissue that is floating around, may have to get a scan and see whether it should be removed. That could mean arthroscopy.

My voice still isn't back to normal, but that didn't stop me training last night. Deadlifts were off a little, but bulgarian squats needed more weight.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Had a break through last night. ART massage.

Basically got a tennis ball and massaged the shoulders and back. The idea is to release the adhesions and scar tissue to improve the quality of the muscle. It also helps the muscle fascia.

So after doing that the benching went well, with no problems with feeling the weight in my shoulders too much. I'm going to be doing this stuff more regularly now.

Mango

Mango

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Been a while since ive stopped in Tim. Nice to see things are still moving. good work.