• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sounds like some gloomy weather days tim, but hey at least u got some work done, sounds like u did good with those step ups despite ur hammy tweak. lmao at ur explanation of the rain, damn ur neighbor and his oil, for makin it rain.

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mad Max!! When there's oil to blame for all the world's turmoil...pretty much like it is today!!!! LOL! Knowing you Tim it's probably an interpratation of a Jackson Pollock painting as discussed by the luminaries of Oxford University pertaining to the global economic rise of inter-social class behaviour of third-world economics governed by cosmoplolitan attitudes!!

Errr...failing that, is it Gangbang Angels 3??, fuck I'm an ignoramus!! Global warmer, or global cooler???

Either way mate, congrats on your session, love the milk crate idea...see, you're such an inventor!!

Clue 2?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Clue #2: Book was written by a British comedian responisble for shows such as "The Young Ones"

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok my diatribe was based upon the Ben Elton book "Stark". There is a brilliant chapter in it (that was later adapted in the mini series of the same name) describing how a Combine Harvester kills whales.

Today's workout was once again interupted by the phone. But this time I was able to keep the conversation short. It was great weather all day today, especially when I went walking to get the shopping. The "farmers walk" carrying the shopping home was pleasant, not a word usually associated with lugging shopping home over a kilometer.

Few hours later I hit the bench and rows to really get my upper body torched. I've found that my strength has not been up to par after recent high rep work. I'm feeling bench in my shoulders more than in the chest. Tried to improve that today but still a little off, might use less than my 5RM for 5reps next week.

Onto the lunges and OH presses. THe extra day off from leg work payed dividends and allowed my to really hit my thighs hard. THe drop set of bench basically made my OH presses an effort in futility. I literally had to focus with intensity to make sure that I didn't drop the weights bang on my head.

I finally finished up with single leg SLDL's and fat man pullups. Next session will be interesting, have to see how my hammy handles deadlifts and bulgarian squats.

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
never read or heard of that book, but sounds like it is a pretty good read. too bad i don't read.lol

well sounds like u got a good workout tim, the bench press is always one of my favorite exercises to do, even if i don't push alot of weight. glad to hear the weather was good!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well sounds like u got a good workout tim, the bench press is always one of my favorite exercises to do, even if i don't push alot of weight. glad to hear the weather was good!
I like bench, but since this shoulder impingement I've been going higher reps. Now I'm back to some heavier stuff I'm feeling it in my shoulders and triceps more than the chest. Its hard to "feel" the chest contract. This is important to keep the movement from harming my shoulder as I return to heavier weights.

I don't like using the airy fairy terms like 'feel', 'pump', 'instinctive training', etc as they rate up there with 'toning' in language terms. All are easily misconstrued, some are misuses of the terms, and ambiguity begets idiocy. "Hey lets go hit our arms hard! I want a pump, get some tone in them." Does this mean they are going to beat their arms with sticks until the arms swell up? How does this relate to the tonus of the muscles?

I recommend "Stark" as a good read. It is rather black humour, and also a bit 'left field'. Ben Elton always had some ammusing stories and jokes to tell, most of his books are more ammusing than outright funny.

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
I like bench, but since this shoulder impingement I've been going higher reps. Now I'm back to some heavier stuff I'm feeling it in my shoulders and triceps more than the chest. Its hard to "feel" the chest contract. This is important to keep the movement from harming my shoulder as I return to heavier weights.

I don't like using the airy fairy terms like 'feel', 'pump', 'instinctive training', etc as they rate up there with 'toning' in language terms. All are easily misconstrued, some are misuses of the terms, and ambiguity begets idiocy. "Hey lets go hit our arms hard! I want a pump, get some tone in them." Does this mean they are going to beat their arms with sticks until the arms swell up? How does this relate to the tonus of the muscles?

I recommend "Stark" as a good read. It is rather black humour, and also a bit 'left field'. Ben Elton always had some ammusing stories and jokes to tell, most of his books are more ammusing than outright funny.

well yeah it's a good idea to transition smoothly into the bench after a shoulder injury, but i'm glad u are feeling better and pushin more weight.

does that mean i'm an airy fairy?:tear: i use the word pump and feel!:uhoh2:

thanks for the recommendation.

Peanut!!

Peanut!!

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol hey tim hows it going in WA brother?
ps man explain to me the concept of fat man pull ups - cant know too much :D

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Fat man pullups are also called inverted rows. Basically you hang from the bar body parallel to the ground. This can either be done by keeping the bar low, or raising the feet up onto a bench.

If you are really hardcore you can do them gymnast style. This basically means you do a reverse planche. So instead of a pushup with all your weight balanced on your hands you do a pullup with your body parallel to the ground.

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oooops, sorry Tim, looks like I've missed a couple of sessions.

Yep, mate, it's definately important to protect that shoulder. A gentle transition period is the order. Glad to see you finishing strong too mate. Great work Tim.

I've never read Stark, but I might give it look. I've enjoyed Mr.Elton's script writing for many years now.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking good Tim! Hope this new routine is working out for ya now you're back into the heavy weight/lower rep territory. Hope this shoulder iddue is short lived, but I don't doubt you'll know what to do to keep it in check and from becoming a permanent problem, I just hope it doesn't impact on your progress!

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey what happned to your shoulder?

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fat man pull ups sound brutal glad to see your getting into the new routine

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey what happned to your shoulder?
I was having issues with my shoulder where I would strain a part of the muscle in the front delt (or what it felt like anyway).

The physio diagnosed a partial or mild impingement issue that I had to resolve in order to over come the problem. But now back to benching heavier (5RM) I'm finding that I feel all the weight in the shoulders and triceps and not in the chest when I press. So I'm concerned that the form corrections have not addressed all the issues at the shoulder. I'll back the weight off and do 5x5 for it with my 7RM this next few weeks. Hopefully this will help get the pecs involved more and also help strengthen the shoulders without overloading.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sucks to hear about the shoulder timo, hope it all works out for ya. I think I no what you mean about the fatman pullups to, nutty, the copper who goes to our gym does them sometimes.

Peanut!!

Peanut!!

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol yeah right - mick?
hey timmay impingement = no fun i hope everything gets back working at 100% asap. ps hope u got both proteins lol

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good sessions mate getting into it now

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hope you get back to it soon Big Man.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm still at it guys, just haven't been writing it up.

I've had a couple of job interviews and a few deadlines that have demanded my attention. I'll get back to writing my log soon, but rest assured I'm still training. Did squats, sldl, pullups, inclines (with DB's to take the pressure off the shoulders by using a different technique), and arms yesterday evening. All went well, even saw stars after my last set of squats.

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
All went well, even saw stars after my last set of squats.
All good squat sessions should be measured by this feeling looool:weightlifter: Good luck with the jobs mate.