• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Watch Kai Greene's Overkill for free

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Reality is still perspectively biased.
Correct.
Another bodybuilder with a chip on their shoulder.......

I'm not against his musings on life, just against people thinking they are profound. Most of his ramblings are incoherant and not past fortune cookie levels of depth. I wish they'd just show him training, as he does train hard.
I know, as I said something similar in my first post on the issue. I do agree though that, eventually, one needs to shed their social crutches and live life as it's actually been intended; unfortunately, not everyone has the cognitive ability to manipulate their thoughts as to alleviate the self-imposed stressors that have plagued them for the vast majority of their lives. Sure, he's not exactly plumbing the depths of existence with his meditation and Mike is perhaps positing his quest towards enlightenment, if you will, as more self-actualizing than it really is, but I try to empathize as much as possible. His approach to life's obstacles may be more akin to angsty juvenalia than adult maturation but I find his suffering to be somewhat fascinating, I guess. Regardless, it's not like he's hurting anybody or acting in any egregious fashion, so who are we to judge?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Correct.

I know, as I said something similar in my first post on the issue. I do agree though that, eventually, one needs to shed their social crutches and live life as it's actually been intended; unfortunately, not everyone has the cognitive ability to manipulate their thoughts as to alleviate the self-imposed stressors that have plagued them for the vast majority of their lives. Sure, he's not exactly plumbing the depths of existence with his meditation and Mike is perhaps positing his quest towards enlightenment, if you will, as more self-actualizing than it really is, but I try to empathize as much as possible. His approach to life's obstacles may be more akin to angsty juvenalia than adult maturation but I find his suffering to be somewhat fascinating, I guess. Regardless, it's not like he's hurting anybody or acting in any egregious fashion, so who are we to judge?
I agree with this last point. It is generally not Kai who is trying to market or sell himself as the downtrodden and spiritual champion, but rather the sponsors, fans and people around him. They want their hero to have struggled and be continuing to struggle to come to terms with life. These are the ones I'm wary of as they are manipulating Kai in a manner he is clearly, on occassion, uncomfortable with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I agree with this last point. It is generally not Kai who is trying to market or sell himself as the downtrodden and spiritual champion, but rather the sponsors, fans and people around him. They want their hero to have struggled and be continuing to struggle to come to terms with life. These are the ones I'm wary of as they are manipulating Kai in a manner he is clearly, on occassion, uncomfortable with.
Agreed. :2:

mike pulcinella

mike pulcinella

Good conversation!!

I think Kai summed it up when he said something like, "Until YOU get under 800 lbs and squat until you collapse or throw up then you'll know that there's GOT to be SOMETHING else there that enables you to do that!"

For him it's rage. For others it might be something else.

Zviko

Zviko

Bodybuilding.com Videos - Kai Greene | A New Breed, Vol. 1 | Overkill, Part 5
Part 5 people :borat:

Last edited by a moderator: