• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Xiva - Strength block!

Sentinel

Sentinel

I looked at your squat video. Those clowns in the back ground are hilarious!!! :D

When you squat, don't think of squatting back or anything. You aren't doing this with a suit on. For normal raw lifters, just think of squatting DOWN.

Are you doing the hip mobility drills?

More on your technique: don't go down so fast because your body doesn't adapt to the weight so fast: thats why you kinda have to struggle when you come back up.

This is also why speed squats (which we spoke about) are important: they will enable you to go down slowly, and come up with lightening fast speed. Therefore, you build a tolerance to a certain weight threshold and after the speed stuff when you take the heavy squats, you are able to hit some solid numbers.

Box squats were high but thats fine...they looked good for that sticking point which most squatters have.

X

Xiva

Banned
I looked at your squat video. Those clowns in the back ground are hilarious!!! :D

When you squat, don't think of squatting back or anything. You aren't doing this with a suit on. For normal raw lifters, just think of squatting DOWN.

Are you doing the hip mobility drills?

More on your technique: don't go down so fast because your body doesn't adapt to the weight so fast: thats why you kinda have to struggle when you come back up.

This is also why speed squats (which we spoke about) are important: they will enable you to go down slowly, and come up with lightening fast speed. Therefore, you build a tolerance to a certain weight threshold and after the speed stuff when you take the heavy squats, you are able to hit some solid numbers.

Box squats were high but thats fine...they looked good for that sticking point which most squatters have.

They are indeed hillarious and very good friends ;)

I'm doing the squat mobility atleast 3 sometimes 4 times a week, i added a few new mobility drills, so i'm doing 10-12 mobility drills.

Slower excentric and keep my chest high, by pressing my elbows forward.

It's defently my sticking point atleast :)

About the bench: I'm doing way to much airfucking. I've been focusing at getting more leg drive in my lift, which meant airfucking. Gotta stop that now, so no more airfucking :)

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched your video too. As Sentinel said, go down slower on the squat. Overall good form.

But the box squats are not that good. You must sit back waaaaay more. That's the point of doing box squats, you learn to sit back and use all your glutes, abs, hamstrings etc. If you watch the video, you can see that your knees are going past your feet, if you are doing a box squat your knees must be in the complete opposite position, because that allows you to use those glutes etc.

train hard buddy

X

Xiva

Banned
Thanks Jonathan, and you're right. Somebody told me that, but thanks for mentioning again :)

25/04/2010

I lowered my max bench, to avoid air fucking.

Deadlift

1x4 @ 75kg
1x4 @ 90kg
2x4 @ 107,5kg
4x4 @ 120 * I didn't read my notes proper, 120 was 5kg to heavy :(

Bench press - Pause @ Chest

1x6 @ 45kg
1x5 @ 52,5kg
2x4 @ 60kg
2x3 @ 65kg
2x2 @ 70kg
2x3 @ 65kg
1x4 @ 60kg
1x5 @ 57,5kg
1x6 @ 52,5kg
1x7 @ 47,5kg
1x8 @ 45kg

I tried something new, tried to lower the weight slowly and pause at my chest, it gave me a way better lift! I'm gonna do that, from now on!

Incline DB flies

5x10 @ 10kg

Deadlift of boxes

1x5 @ 92,5kg
2x5 @ 107,5kg
4x4 @ 120kg

I only filmed the 2 first set, which were kind a bad. All the weight, got moved by my lower back. In the last 2 set, i tried something new. Pulling the weight back and lift with my legs and glutes. Worked perfectly!

Walking BB Lunges

3x10 @ 52,5kg

Facepulls

4x8 @ "9"

Db lateral raise

3x15 @ 12,5kg

Note:

Pretty decent round!

Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
26/04/10

2 days in a row, due to my work. Ohh well, power in bench, was good today!

Bench - Pause @ Chest

1x5 @ 45kg
1x4 @ 55kg
2x3 @ 62,5kg
5x2 @ 70kg

Really good press, i discovered that i have a tendens to press awry.
No airfuck

Squat

1x5 @ 65kg
1x5 @ 77,5kg
2x5 @ 90kg
5x4 @ 95kg

Good round of squat, worked at having my chest high and pressive elbows forward!

CG Bench press

1x6 @ 45kg
1x6 @ 55kg
4x6 @ 60kg

Easy! Good press, and very stable.

Flat DB flies

5x10 @ 10kg

Backraise

2x15 @ 27,5kg

Seated close grip Rows

3x9 @ "15"

Straight bar pushdown

4x11 @ "6"

Note: Really good round. Not more else to say. Next session will be motherfucking tough, hardest leg session in Sheiko :'(

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good benches and squat dude. form looks tight. glad u got rid of the airfucking. thats a horrible habit to get out of when uve done it for long enough.

X

Xiva

Banned
Thanks guys :)

Bulk -> Now i just need to get as strong as you!

28/04/10

My energi was kind a bad today, hard work at school and in generel bad company at the center. I missed my homies ;)

Squat

1x5 @ 65kg
1x4 @ 77,5kg
2x3 @ 90kg
3x2 @ 107,5kg
5x3 @ 102,5kg

Hardest part of sheiko, god damit. Tough as fuck, i was so tired when i went to the bench, that my lifts were bad ;) Anyway impressive leg power imo, first time ever to do 107,5kg. Anyway i need to work on:
1. Keep my chest high (push elbows forward)
2. Make sure my head moves up before my ass to avoid GM squats!
3. Get rid of belt, when i belive my back is allright again.

Bench press - Pause @ Chest

1x5 @ 45kg
1x4 @ 55kg
2x3 @ 62,5kg
5x3 @ 70kg

Ikke meget pres styrke, må indrømme at squaten havde taget utroligt hårdt på min overall energi. Syntes dog at sættene blev bedre og bedre, for hver gang.

Pretty solid round, it looks good imo.
Suggestions?

Incline DB flies

5x10 @ 10kg

French press

5x8 @ 35kg

Box Squat

1x5 @ 65,0
1x4 @ 77,5
2x3 @ 90,0
4x2 @ 100,0

Tryed to just hit the box and lower it, felt pretty good. Should i sit still or just touch it, like i do?

Leg curls

3x12 @ 80kg

Rear lateral raise

3x15 @ 12,5kg

Note: Fucking awesome round!

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey mate, nice squats.

Regarding box squats, you have to sit back all the way and sit still. Not touch and go. Keep all the muscles tight when you sit down, the only muscles that have to relax are your hips.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
X

Xiva

Banned
Thanks Jona!

30/04/10

1 session left and i'm going to Berlin!

Bench press

1x5 @ 45kg
1x4 @ 55kg
2x3 @ 62,5kg
2x3 @ 70kg
3x2 @ 75kg

75kg, wasn't that good. But up they came!

Deadlift

1x4 @ 80kg
1x4 @ 90kg
2x3 @ 107,5kg
2x3 @ 125kg
3x2 @ 130kg

I tried to start up higher with my hip, to see if it help me with my deadlift. Maybe i should keep doing this. Guys, what do you think?

Bench

1x5 @ 45kg
1x5 @ 55kg
4x4 @ 65kg

I tried to keep a longer break and relax at my chest. It felt awesome!

Incline DB flies

5x10 @ 10kg

Walking DB lunges

3x10 @ 52,5kg

Seated Cable rows

3x8 @ "16"

DB hammer rows - Cheated

4x10 @ 22,5kg

DB lateral raise

2x20 @ 10kg

Note: Awesome!

Sentinel

Sentinel

Berlin is a beautiful city. Have a safe trip, Mike! :)

X

Xiva

Banned
I'm lowering my max once again. I need to get my airfucking 100. gone!

BE GONE PEST!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've had a look at your vids and I'll make some general comments. You're squats seem to be very similar to mine, i.e. we have the same problem.

Squats: your hips rise fast which means you are transferring weight forward rather than up. Practice driving through the heels and think of keeping the bar over your centre of gravity.

Box squats: I prefer a paused touch and go style so that you don't compress the spine. I'd also say that the sitting back and driving through the heels is the goal with these. Strengthen that posterior so that you aren't just transferring to the quads and lower back with quick hip rise. In my log you'll notice that in the two boxies sessions I've gone from 10 reps to 5 reps at the same weight, all due to the change in sitting back, pausing and driving through the heels to make sure the hips and shoulders rise together.

Bench: I don't like the way you set-up. You set your shoulders first with your legs then you put your feet down and your hips don't take position until you have unracked. Instead the order should be feet, hips, shoulders then unrack/handoff. You are setting up your base so that you transfer leg drive which means getting those feet and hips solid then making the arch as part of setting the shoulders. Your setup is more akin to trying to create an arch between your shoulders and feet, almost forcing your hips to rise.

I'm finding it hard myself to get leg drive. I either don't get any or I find myself cramping in my posterior chain. I.e. I am battleing to hold my position to transfer leg drive. Spend a couple of sessions setting your base first then your shoulders, and keep the base tight the entire time.

Deadlift: looks good.

X

Xiva

Banned
Thanks for the great answer Tim. I'll be working on it.

Sentinel

Sentinel

I am with Tim 100%. I couldn't have worded it any better.

X

Xiva

Banned
02/05/10

Warmup
10xMobility

Bench press

1x5 @ 45kg
1x5 @ 55kg
3x5 @ 60kg
5x5 @ 62,5kg

Very good! No airfuck, video later!

Squat

Skipped because i got some problem with my hip flexor, i belive it's called?
Gonna start at Ipren and hopefully it will solve the problem, with some rest too.

Incline DB flies

6x10 @ 10kg

French press

5x8 @ 35kg

Ez-bar curl

4x12 @ 30kg + stang

Lateral raise

3x15 @ 12,5kg

+ 3 abs øvelser

Note: Ok round.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_