• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Palumbo Diet

P

PiC

thx for the clue,but can u be more specific? how much asparagus and steam in what? water ..boil for how many minutes? etc..

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a buddy of mine just worked with dave last year for the nationals and printed off everything he email him to do with supps, aas, diet and cardio. this guy has been compteting for 20 years and told me he never physically felt so good while getting ready for a show, and he was far more peeled that he ever was (He placed 4th in the welters). Dave said he felt so much better with more energy becaused because he was in keto. it takes 3 days of zero carbs for your body to stop looking for carbs for energy (when you really feel tired) but after 3 days your body kicks into keto and starts burning fat for energy rather than carbs and you feel just fine. you're actually taking in about 30 carbs indirectly from the fat sources which he says is all you need to get you through an anarobic workout. Dave goes into great detail about it in his q & a thread on md.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do you think ure bud can email you daves email and we can check it out?

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He printed me off a copy but I don't know what I did with it. I'll ask for another when I see him again. It's basically the starting point that he enicially has everybody do and then tweeks it along the way according on how you resond to it. Everything but the aas is on his q and a thread on the md forums.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
He printed me off a copy but I don't know what I did with it. I'll ask for another when I see him again. It's basically the starting point that he enicially has everybody do and then tweeks it along the way according on how you resond to it. Everything but the aas is on his q and a thread on the md forums.

Yeh that would be really good. It seems interesting the Paulumbo diet :techn9ne:

SirTeddy

SirTeddy

I'm currently on palumbo diet (slightly modified, because I haven't found any place selling natural peanut butter :dunnodude: ) and I'm pleased with the results so far. During the first 4 days I actually lost 7lbs of water and the pump in the gym is great! I try reach 180lbs bodyweight (200lbs at the moment so I have still have a long way to go).

Steve56

Steve56

This Diet got me in the best shape of my life without question and after the first week i diddnt even feel like i was dieting...

- No mood swings
- No Hunger Pains or urges to cheat!!
- Strength is through the roof

The diet works for some not everyone... if you have trouble getting lean or getting that last bit of fat off this diet will work wonders for you, but you have to follow it to a T, because everything from the type of cardio to the type of training recomended is key for the diet to work.

Low intensity cardio - under 130 bpm anything more intense and your gonna be burning up glycogen which you cant afford to do on this diet

Weight Training- anything over 1 hour with super high reps and crazy volume is a recipe for disaster, Its suggested that you train low volume with heavy weight in the 4-8 rep range

Cheat meals are key to replenish glycogen but more importantly to stoke the metabolism and keep fat loss from stalling.

2 week fat adaption phase - you need at least this much time for your body to adjust to buring fat for energy and not carbs...you definitly HAVE TO wait the 2 weeks before a cheat meal.

Salting your food !!! - when people tell me that they hate the diet cause there flat or that they cant get a pump the first thing i ask is are you salting your food and that means every meal including shakes!! they answer no lol well what do you expect then!! Use sea salt at every meal to keep your muscles full...

And as far as how healthy the diet is....when i started the diet my blood pressure used to run a bit on the high side always the top number not the bottom ...it went from 140/ 75 to on average 118/ 70 preaty amazing and my resting heart rate went from 85-90 to about 60-65!!! I guess its part that i lost a ton of water weight from no carbs and also part of all the heart healthy fats that i included into my diet like the omega 3's and the the Macadamia Nut Oil

Dave is the man when it comes to diet

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^^Your heart rate was 85-90? Thats is pretty high. I had my resting heart measured and it was 53.

Steve56

Steve56

^^Your heart rate was 85-90? Thats is pretty high. I had my resting heart measured and it was 53.

yea it was definitly on the high end for normal I think anxiety played a major role for me bro..It varries from person to person but normal is catagorized as under 100.. to me thats preaty high..nowadays sometimes its as low as yours mid 50's into the 60's

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Yeh man well i'm glad yours came down then from 85-90 to what it is now. Like you said it varies from person to person, my dad whos 52 had his checked out at the hospital last week and it was 47. i couldn't believe it. He doesn't do fuck all exercise!

Steve56

Steve56

Yeh man well i'm glad yours came down then from 85-90 to what it is now. Like you said it varies from person to person, my dad whos 52 had his checked out at the hospital last week and it was 47. i couldn't believe it. He doesn't do fuck all exercise!

WOW thats fantastic!! yea i also have a temper so it also depends on peoples personality

A

Ancarlillo

and what about the re-loading before going on stage?Do you use any chos?

A

Ancarlillo

hi Princevegeta do you known anything about reloading following Palumbo Diet?

G

gyt

What about a meal between weight session and cardio?
Or just do the weights + cardio and then a shake with some pb?

And if i cant get a hold of mac nut oil or all natural pb, is it ok to just eat raw almonds, walnuts or cashew? ofc count it in soo its gives the same amount of pro and fat like the pb or mac oil would.

and what about the shakes my whey contains 23,9g pro / 1,4g carbs / 2grams fat is that ok or i have to change to a isolate?

Many questions but someone got the answers out there :D

hope u can understand my sentences, cus english aint used to often

R

radguym

Na from what i am reading you can only have those 6 laid out meals. and for the protein drink i think it said it it should be 50grams of protein the fat should be a little more and the carbohydrates should really not be there because you want to keep your body in ketosis so its only using fats for it energy source.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bump,

so cardio should be done twice each day,
once in the AM after your first meal ?
and after your weight training session later on in the day?
I'll be starting this diet today/tomorrow