• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Palumbo Diet

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry i didnt mean helth probs

I meant if your eating such restrictive carbs coming from nuts and veggies..

the trade off should be less cardio..

but people on ketosis diets do the same amount of cardio as someone eating rotating carbs.

Oh ok, sorry. :tiphat:
I agree, I actually expected that there would be less cardio. He did specify, however, on a part I didn't post that you should regularly check your body composition in case you start to lose muscle. So I would expect you should gauge your total amount of cardio based off of that.
Sorry, i completely misunderstood what you meant.

faiz

faiz

Oh ok, sorry. :tiphat:
I agree, I actually expected that there would be less cardio. He did specify, however, on a part I didn't post that you should regularly check your body composition in case you start to lose muscle. So I would expect you should gauge your total amount of cardio based off of that.
Sorry, i completely misunderstood what you meant.

No prob.. over at md.. i see some figure girls doing 3 hours of cardio on the diet.. thats where i'm like id rather have carbs and doing LIT cardio 65%-70% of max hr then dave's approach..

no prob man.. good debate at least.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay, so what about a Palumbo diet for someone my size. I'm roughly 315lbs. I couldn't last a week on this diet if this is all it was.

Could you possibly elaborate on this Braaq?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good debate Faiz.. and i agree with you.. this is by no means a good approach for a long term diet.. but as far as show prep.. i haven't seen one guy come in looking "off" that Palumbo has trained.. the guy knows what he's talking about.. and of course he is trying to sell his products, he's not a moron, its called smart business.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay, so what about a Palumbo diet for someone my size. I'm roughly 315lbs. I couldn't last a week on this diet if this is all it was.

Could you possibly elaborate on this Braaq?

Note, that the diet below is for a 250 lb man. If you were to message Palumbo he would adjust if just for you. But really he mapped it out 1.5g pro and .5g fat per lbs of total bodyweight
So I would assume you adjust the amounts in the six meals appropriately. :tiphat:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could see going the last few weeks before a show with this type of diet but an entire diet ignoring carbohydrates sounds ridiculous to me.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could see going the last few weeks before a show with this type of diet but an entire diet ignoring carbohydrates sounds ridiculous to me.

Agreed, if you have to drop weight quickly, low carbohydrate diets have a place just because it's hard to overeat on chicken breasts, tuna, etc. But I seriously wish the bodybuilding community could get over the "omg, carbs release insulin, insulin makes you fat, so don't eat carbs and you won't be fat."

brizzy03

brizzy03

it doesn't matter if you're holding water throughout the prep, as long as you aren't on stage.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it doesn't matter if you're holding water throughout the prep, as long as you aren't on stage.

That is not the whole point of the diet, it's just an added bonus. :xyxthumbs:

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's been said that the Palumbo diet,for the natural, will leave you looking like a high school swimmer. I don't know, I just saw it on MD.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, but they say a lot of shit over there, you can really only believe what the Pro's say, and even then it's pretty sketchy.

A

animalkja

i dont like this at all everyone is different. One of my old friends is on this diet and he lost so much weight he looks so scrawny now when he used to be ok looking. Everyone is differ-- i for instance eat 12 meals a day thats right 12 -- the place i work at allows me to eat all day and i eat nothin but clean food every day went from 230 lbs to 244 and its clean weight can still see my abs -- just eat clean and alot and by eat clean i mean all carbs are brown and fats are nuts ect and get differ sources of protien i get all types just when i see diets like this on here and even some peoples pics that are posting this hogwash it makes me think i cant take this site seriously-- need some true hardcore muscle heads in here

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont like this at all everyone is different. One of my old friends is on this diet and he lost so much weight he looks so scrawny now when he used to be ok looking. Everyone is differ-- i for instance eat 12 meals a day thats right 12 -- the place i work at allows me to eat all day and i eat nothin but clean food every day went from 230 lbs to 244 and its clean weight can still see my abs -- just eat clean and alot and by eat clean i mean all carbs are brown and fats are nuts ect and get differ sources of protien i get all types just when i see diets like this on here and even some peoples pics that are posting this hogwash it makes me think i cant take this site seriously-- need some true hardcore muscle heads in here
What is this nonesense you're talking about?

This diet works very well for certain individuals, it all depends on their sensitivity to carbohydrates. I would love to know why it is hogwash to discuss it on a bodybuilding forum, even though I strongly disregard it.

A

animalkja

its not hogwash to discuss it its hogwash to take advice from some members in here when they clealy have not been around the sport for more then 5 years -- everyone needs to find what works for them i dont think anyone should follow a diet someone else has planned... u need to see what your body reacts to

A

animalkja

o and my stats 22 years old are 6'2 245 lbs 10%bf been aroundbodybuilding while now its my life

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its not hogwash to discuss it its hogwash to take advice from some members in here when they clealy have not been around the sport for more then 5 years -- everyone needs to find what works for them i dont think anyone should follow a diet someone else has planned... u need to see what your body reacts to

i agree with you to some extent but this is a fairly well known diet that has worked for some pros and i'm sure it would work for others. but to me going NO carb for a whole diet is just crazyness. i can see doing it in the last couple of weeks but i feel like i would just shrink like crazy doing it for 12 weeks

Wolfdogs

Wolfdogs

I have been on this type of diet for about 8 weeks now. I went from 14,8% bf to 11,2% which represents from 204lbs to 195lbs as we speak. I lost very few muscle mass, mostly fat and would even say a little bit of lean mass gained. I will be continuing this for another 10 weeks since I like the results. My goal is 8% by the 1st of June. I need to work on my discipline. Im allowed a cheat meal every 5 days but everytime It transforms into a cheat day. Im also doing 2-3 times cardio post-workout for about 25 mins per week. My HR is around 150-160 so I should probably do more with lesser intensity.

The only variation I have is 7 egg whites and 1 whole egg for breakfast. I also have a higher intake of Omega-3 at 6 x 1000mg per day. The low to no carb is extremely difficult to keep up... I started taking Gaspari Cytolean to keep my energy levels high and help suppress appetite. My strenght overall has stayed the same.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
o and my stats 22 years old are 6'2 245 lbs 10%bf been aroundbodybuilding while now its my life

You say your "hardcore", and we need more "hardcore" bodybuilders in here but you stats are rather unimpressive nor hardcore. :jerkoff1:
Just because you do not like something (or understand) doesn't mean it doesn't work. Also, years in the sport do not qualify you over others when it comes to knowledge of diet, training/exercise physiology, anabolics, etc.