• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2010 Arnold Classic RESULTS!!

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What the hell happened to Melvin Anthony?

He came in VERY soft. Peaked 2 weeks ago instead of last night, good idea imo.
tkd said:
lol again at this guy!
:D that guy was hilarious

I didnt think Kai deserved best poser (although his routine was pretty good) but it is bodybuilding, once they get a habit started they dont stop. Branch was guaranteed most muscular and Kai best poser before the weekend even started.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im satisfied with the result. id be pleased if phil won, but have no problem with kai winning.

what really made my day was dexter getting 4th:tiphat:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya Dex lacked the condition he is known for (specially from the back) and was the same size as always...4th was accurate

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In defense of Branch, he's abit like Dorian; Huge, always in great shape, massive in odd proportions, not much separation, lousy genetics for shape/aesthetics, great genetics for big mass.

What bugs me the most is his forearms. His brachioradialis is so damn short.....

Similar in condition ya...Yates had arguably the best back in history though where as Branch has a terrbile back, its a blurry mess. And as we all know the back shots win shows

L dimi

L dimi

i'm glad for kai even if he was in better shape last year, Phil could have won, Rockel progressing really is madness his shoulders are amazing, congratulations to ROELLY for his 7th place

C

Comin_Up

Im bout to give up on bodyuilding this is an outrage. And i hate kais little gay routines with his stupid handtsands. Just ruined my day...

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im bout to give up on bodyuilding this is an outrage. And i hate kais little gay routines with his stupid handtsands. Just ruined my day...
Why does it anger you so much? Not even Tim or tkd is that upset. It's not like Phil got completely robbed. It was a close contest and it could have gone either way. And I don't think anyone really likes Kai's handstand routine..at least as a fan, I definitely do not.

Now if Branch won, then I would give up on bodybuilding.

C

Comin_Up

im just messin around guy chill. But i actully dnt like kais little routines. They r pretty anoying. but im just messin, just sucks phil didnt win :)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I agree.

Oh, and I'm happy with Kai's victory. He deserves it. I love the guy, his attitude and dedication.

PS: still, Phil's back double biceps is unbeatable.

Madness, thats his worst pose IMO. His arms looks way smaller then kais in that pose and his narrowness really stands out.

_P8C0110-1.jpg

Got the placing he deserved. Someone realised
he wasn't as good as Toney, or Hide or anyone else for that matter.

Admittedly Toney was harder at the ASC than the Phoenix Pro, which would be frustrating for Toney. He comes in looking best on stage at Phoenix only to place third, now he comes in even better at the ASC, beats the guys that placed ahead of him just weeks before, but still finishes 5th. :shakefist:

I think Toney is at the point where he has to do something amazing to attract some attention at these comps. He does have some weak points, but nothing that should hold him back so much, nor that can't be fixed soon. He should dominate the guys smaller than him. He carries more mass, is taller, and he can get conditioned (although inconsistently). If he does a Jay and wows us he will win something for a change.

He has, as cormier would say, a ghetto booty and lacks the seperation of the top guys.

Why does it anger you so much? Not even Tim or tkd is that upset. It's not like Phil got completely robbed. It was a close contest and it could have gone either way. And I don't think anyone really likes Kai's handstand routine..at least as a fan, I definitely do not.

Now if Branch won, then I would give up on bodybuilding.

You clearly didnt see tkD's posts last night LMAO. But yeah, the people who get angry towards kai's "gayness" should just jump off a bridge instead.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you want to know why bbing isn't taking seriously, then just look up.

No one wants to see a guys ass in the air.

It could also have something to do with the obvious use of steroids to achieve a physique.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I just looked at all the pics. Kai beat Phil and won?

I don't get it :dunnodude:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I just looked at all the pics. Kai beat Phil and won?

I don't get it :dunnodude:

competitions are not won pose for pose. When Kai hits that Rear Double Bi next to phil, the judges see that kai is a much larger bodybuilder. After that, no matter what pose they hit, the judges know that no matter what, kai is much larger bodybuilder as a whole.

If you remember in 2005 Gustavo Badell beat Ronnie Coleman in the Pose for Pose Challenge Round but Ronnie Coleman still won the olympia because he was far more dominant (not to mention his conditioning). Phil looked much better then Kai but the judges went for the bigger, wider bodybuilder. And even though Kai was soft, he was still muscular enough to have striated glutes, quads and seperated muscles.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
competitions are not won pose for pose. When Kai hits that Rear Double Bi next to phil, the judges see that kai is a much larger bodybuilder. After that, no matter what pose they hit, the judges know that no matter what, kai is much larger bodybuilder as a whole.

If you remember in 2005 Gustavo Badell beat Ronnie Coleman in the Pose for Pose Challenge Round but Ronnie Coleman still won the olympia because he was far more dominant (not to mention his conditioning). Phil looked much better then Kai but the judges went for the bigger, wider bodybuilder. And even though Kai was soft, he was still muscular enough to have striated glutes, quads and seperated muscles.

ElFreako's point is that BBing isn't necessarily about being the biggest. If it was just about being big you'd see more guys that are taller and that are coming in at competition weights of +140kg. Instead we have a bunch of guys that are small to medium height that are 100kg to 120kg (on the ASC stage aside from Toney).

Big is not what BBing is all about, people seem to have forgotten that for some reason.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
ElFreako's point is that BBing isn't necessarily about being the biggest. If it was just about being big you'd see more guys that are taller and that are coming in at competition weights of +140kg. Instead we have a bunch of guys that are small to medium height that are 100kg to 120kg (on the ASC stage aside from Toney).

Big is not what BBing is all about, people seem to have forgotten that for some reason.

Thats true but Kai has a much better package compared to Toney, Sergey other and taller/bigger guys. In comparisons, those guys dont look very dominant even though they are taller. THey are not as muscular as smaller guys. Big is not what bodybuilding is all about but bodybuilding is subjective and there are many different things that bodybuilding is about and it all depends on what the judges opinion and/or criteria was.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats true but Kai has a much better package compared to Toney, Sergey other and taller/bigger guys. In comparisons, those guys dont look very dominant even though they are taller. THey are not as muscular as smaller guys. Big is not what bodybuilding is all about but bodybuilding is subjective and there are many different things that bodybuilding is about and it all depends on what the judges opinion and/or criteria was.

So you are contradicting your own point :dunnodude:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
So you are contradicting your own point :dunnodude:

Nope. Kai beat Phil because of his size, Phil beat Toney and other heavy guys because they dont come close to the quality of bodybuilders that Kai and phil are. This show was between Kai, Phil, Dexter, and Branch, all of the other competitors didnt match up to these guys so bringing up the rest of the large bodybuilders is irrelevant since they are not at the caliber that these guys are at. Kai managed to be Larger then Phil while being shorter and in the judges eyes managed to be the better bodybuilder even though he was soft.