• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2010 IFBB Tampa Pro - info & updates

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
He's been going backwards for at least 5 years. I used to be a fan of his, but he has just not shown anything worthy to my mind.

I reckon Turk stole his mojo.

Yup, i remember when i first started following bodybuilding i thought Darrem was awesome but i keep condering why he is still competing, his son practically surpassed him already since he has back detail and legs that darrem never had.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Posing routines:

Ed Nunn

Brandon Curry

Ben White

Troy Alves

Michael Kefalianos

Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
thank god the posing routine doesn't count for teh scorecard anymore.. Ben would've lost the show in there.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
more..

Clarence DeVis

Darrem Charles

Mike Liberatore

bulkinprogres

bulkinprogres

Very good poser darrem!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
more vids from team-andro:

PBW 202 Final Top 3 Steve Namat Tricky Jackson Jose Raymond

Nate Wonsley PBW 202 Final 2010 Tampa

Steve Namat PBW 202 Final 2010

PBW 202 Best Poser Award Tricky Jackson Clarence DeVis

Lee Haney Ben Weider Lifetime Achievement Award 2020 PBW

Jose Raymond PBW 202 Final 2010

Frederic Sauvage PBW 202 Final 2010

Tricky Jackson PBW 202 Final 2010

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
B. Curry disappointed. 6th place after 2+ years since he's got his pro card, would not be that bad for an Arnold or Olympia debut, but in a 3rd tier pro show like Tampa, is not what the most would expect him to do.

Also his legs are lacking big time compared to his huge upper body. All in all, if he will bring his quads up and the condition, he will be a top pro at any show. Still, an incredible potential.

DSC_1592_DLEIZOSJEZ-1.jpg

DSC_1599_OQLXWOQZOM-1.jpg

DSC_1604_NETYHLJWBV-1.jpg

maybe he will take another 2 years off to do quarter rom movements. it paid divdends

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Once again, awesome phisique...
JEB_8558wtmk_PQHMSZZGMGJPG-1.jpg

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I would take that physique over jay any day of the week!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Full ROM FTW!!

Genetics ftw!! Branch has the same ROM on the leg movements, and his legs are his strongest point, one of the best in bodybuilding.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Genetics ftw!! Branch has the same ROM on the leg movements, and his legs are his strongest point, one of the best in bodybuilding.

genetics will only take a pro so far. Most pros dog training they ride on their genetics and everything else but training, and make little to no improvements year to year. The only pros that i have seen use good ROM on everything was ronnie the biggest and best of all time coleman(his squats exceptional a2g, deadlifts from the floor, full range dumbell presses hes 1000 times better then most pros). and guys that compete as nattys. I dont know how many pros have used the cop out Im not Ronnie Coleman and you hear how they wont bench press over a certain weight or squat at all and then you see their vids and they do partial moves of the good core lifts that they do include. By saying and doing this shit they are dooming themselves to stay the same.

Brendan currys squats were quarters at best and if he would of taken 2 years off to squat properly like a tom platz like a ronnie coleman the whole offseason he would of actually made some gains.

Examples through time.
Arnold great chest up until his first retirement. His rom was full, no Time under tension bullshit and his weights heavy. He had weak legs but look at how he squatted. Apperently in the offseaon he'd go deeper, but why not all year? If he did he'd have had better legs.

Kevin levrone again a great chest,delts and tris. Look at the ROM and his commitment to lift heavy on his chest moves. He was also known for his big lay offs in offseason and for quick transformations afterwards. He transformed with progressively heavier reps over a full ROM. Levrone had a weak back and legs. Dunno about his back training but his leg training was pretty poor. Partial leg presses and if his "deep squats" from the leverone report were an indication of his squatting proess back in the day then its no wonder his legs were behind his upper body.

Dorian yates- big all over. Look at the ROM he used on all all his fucking moves. He couldnt squat but ive never seen any pro do a leg press with as much ROM as him and his presses were top notch. Photos of him before he was a bodybuilder would suggest he has worse genetics then most people he beat as well Training full Rom and heavy (not HIT) got him that good.

meh, it shits me. Bodybuilding is plagued by too much "what works for me bullshit" and not what actually works. The pros need to hook up with the nattys and learn to train so that can actually make some fucking gains.

"oh but hes not natural his chest is too big for a natty,its even bigger then mine, hahaha your idiots" Some roided fool referring to a top level natty
"Man he flat benches 400 for reps" A non fool
"So Do I" The Same roided fool
" Yeah but does the bar move more than an inch for you? and is yours on a smith machine? because his is full ROM and its free weights." A non fool
"Well yes, but thats what works for me...Theres no way Hes natural." roided fool out.
"learn about progressive overload over a full ROM and actually get gains please." Non fool out

Last edited:
Y

yardharr

^^ I agree with you for the most part.

As for Arnold having weak legs, most of his bodybuilder footage comes from the 1975 Olympia when he was far from being at his peak mass. He injured his knee sometime in 1974 and couldn't do any leg work for many months. Check out pics of him from 1974 when he was ~245 lbs. and his legs actually were proportioned to his massive upper body.
untitled176-1.jpg

W

Warbmaster

With such video quality, now we can understand why ben white wins..great lower body separation..esp the quads..

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
genetics will only take a pro so far. Most pros dog training they ride on their genetics and everything else but training, and make little to no improvements year to year. The only pros that i have seen use good ROM on everything was ronnie the biggest and best of all time coleman(his squats exceptional a2g, deadlifts from the floor, full range dumbell presses hes 1000 times better then most pros). and guys that compete as nattys. I dont know how many pros have used the cop out Im not Ronnie Coleman and you hear how they wont bench press over a certain weight or squat at all and then you see their vids and they do partial moves of the good core lifts that they do include. By saying and doing this shit they are dooming themselves to stay the same.

Brendan currys squats were quarters at best and if he would of taken 2 years off to squat properly like a tom platz like a ronnie coleman the whole offseason he would of actually made some gains.

Examples through time.
Arnold great chest up until his first retirement. His rom was full, no Time under tension bullshit and his weights heavy. He had weak legs but look at how he squatted. Apperently in the offseaon he'd go deeper, but why not all year? If he did he'd have had better legs.

Kevin levrone again a great chest,delts and tris. Look at the ROM and his commitment to lift heavy on his chest moves. He was also known for his big lay offs in offseason and for quick transformations afterwards. He transformed with progressively heavier reps over a full ROM. Levrone had a weak back and legs. Dunno about his back training but his leg training was pretty poor. Partial leg presses and if his "deep squats" from the leverone report were an indication of his squatting proess back in the day then its no wonder his legs were behind his upper body.

Dorian yates- big all over. Look at the ROM he used on all all his fucking moves. He couldnt squat but ive never seen any pro do a leg press with as much ROM as him and his presses were top notch. Photos of him before he was a bodybuilder would suggest he has worse genetics then most people he beat as well Training full Rom and heavy (not HIT) got him that good.

meh, it shits me. Bodybuilding is plagued by too much "what works for me bullshit" and not what actually works. The pros need to hook up with the nattys and learn to train so that can actually make some fucking gains.

"oh but hes not natural his chest is too big for a natty,its even bigger then mine, hahaha your idiots" Some roided fool referring to a top level natty
"Man he flat benches 400 for reps" A non fool
"So Do I" The Same roided fool
" Yeah but does the bar move more than an inch for you? and is yours on a smith machine? because his is full ROM and its free weights." A non fool
"Well yes, but thats what works for me...Theres no way Hes natural." roided fool out.
"learn about progressive overload over a full ROM and actually get gains please." Non fool out

I agree that with full ROM in squats and other leg exercises maybe Brandon's legs will look better, but imo they will always lack.

Explain this: How come Branch with the same ROM has those legs and Brandon not? It's 90% + genetics imo. If it wasn't, then why isn't his back, chest or arms lacking also? he's using a bad form in all the exercises for them too, but they're not as bad as his form looks though. Why is Branch's chest so good? because of the great ROM he's using in the DB presses or Incline bench form? Don't think so..

Warren's squats and leg presses

Brandon's squats and leg presses